Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 95326 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: The Cleansing of Doomforests: The War of the Cults
« Reply #630 on: July 05, 2016, 11:47:56 am »

ER
I WAS WAITING FOR THE-

QUICK!!! DRAZOTH!!! VISIT NEW JERSEY!!!

People generally try to escape New Jersey; its the depressing light at the end of the tunnel. Though I suppose someone has a preference for "loves New Jersey for its toxic waste dumps" ... or gambling.

Disclaimer: I'm a New Yorker
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 06, 2016, 10:03:33 am »

King Jhil sat in the conference room. He was bored.
The council members argued about... Nothing in particular. He would have tried to listen,  but they had long since stopped saying anything useful. It had started out with something to do with the dwarves, turned into problems in kalakatackey woods, someone yelled an insult, and that was all an hour ago.
'I give up' he shouted.
'I leave you to argue amongst yourselves. Let me know if you come up with anything useful which is worthy of reaching my ears.'
He walked out.
In the next room, Matriarch Gwendolyn stood, admiring a suit of armor.
'Anything useful this time?'
'Nope.'
'Ah well. I-'
Suddenly, a mage appeared out of nowhere.
'Grendabar requests your presence.'
'Archmage Grendabar Greymane. Well.'
'Hold my hand'
The king and matriarch did as they were told. All of a sudden, they were gone.
Grendabar Greymane was one of the most powerful entities in all of existence. He was also the archmage of the floating city of Gelrand. The city had taken to the skies in an age old war. The Gelrandian mages created a magical barrier to avert the enemies, but when the war was over they discovered that the spell had cut into the unstable earth, which had so much magical energy pulsating from it that it had started to float. They payed dwarves to make several chains, and let it go. Some splinters of the rock floated off, but they were caught by the dwarves and attached to the main rock. They landed in the observatiry, where Grend was waiting.
'Jhil! So good to see you.'
'Sooo... Why did you ask for us?' Said Gwendolyn.
'Someone has been stealing magical artifacts.'
'Which ones?'
'The staff of Maladict, the skull of the maker, the book of all, and the crystal.
'What crystal'
'The magically powerful one.'
'They're all magi-'
'The super - powerful one.'
'Ooooooh.'
'I want you to stay here and keep an eye on the city while I attend to... Business.'
'Is it really that important?'
'Yes. No I must leave.'
Aaaaaaaand he left.
The two leaders rushed to the barracks, where the battlemages trained.
They got to the stage, where they viewed the assembled battlemages. Each with a weapon at one side and a spell book at the other, they were deadly. They had bits of armour here and there, with a tabard showing the symbol of Gelrand on each of them.
'I want a curfew initiated, all must be in their homes. Search everywhere. If you find any of the artefacts, or who stole them, bring them to me.

Deep beneath Gelrand, a lone figure walked the streets of Undertown, the caverns beneath Gelrand where the non - magic population lived. His smile turned to a frown, however, when he saw the battlemages running towards him. The figure picked up the artefacts that he had stolen, and used the staff and the book to teleport out of the city. But he left a scent, a scent that, later, told a story. A story with a name. Ryukan.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 06, 2016, 10:58:32 am »

Ryukan sat at his desk in the Watcher's Annex.

The stolen objects stored in a secret and safe location.

He sat typing in the Book of Record, the events under the rule of Smunstu I.

Laughing at the part with the slaughtered elves and the weregecko, he typed throughout the morning as he struggled to keep with the deadline.

(OOC: I'm Back, the upload'll be tonight or EARLY in the morning, just as soon as I finish up here. BTW, it was !FUN!)
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 06, 2016, 11:05:29 am »

Ryukan sat at his desk in the Watcher's Annex.

The stolen objects stored in a secret and safe location.

He sat typing in the Book of Record, the events under the rule of Smunstu I.

Laughing at the part with the slaughtered elves and the weregecko, he typed throughout the morning as he struggled to keep with the deadline.

(OOC: I'm Back, the upload'll be tonight or EARLY in the morning, just as soon as I finish up here. BTW, it was !FUN!)
Good luck
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 06, 2016, 01:07:49 pm »

I don't know if I've said anything about this before hand, but last week I got my new chassis and parts to upgrade my compy. I just now was able to get on, and on my best fort, whose data I've carried over, I used to get somewhere around 3-5 FPS. Now that my compy is assembled, I'm getting a solid 30. So it looks like I'll actually be able to do stuff in succession forts beyond year 3. YAY! Anyway, I'll be around if anyone needs me.  ;D
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 08, 2016, 01:46:46 pm »

Journal of Dark Two

It seems that the war of cults have started... far away from Doomforests. In dimensions full of fools running around and fighting for objects of utmost inutility in our realm. Good, they'd slaughter each other quickly. But still, His Serene Majesty Smunstu I have called us to arms in the war of cults. Due to this, we greatly increased efficiency of our Inquisition. Someone has to do that job after generations of Mate's have retired from their work. So far, everyone that even had anything to do with word strawberry have been arrested and painfully interrogated. Some dwarves have claimed that they were possessed by strawberry demons and wraiths... which is another good news. Strawberry Society can't hold on with their nasties and lose followers. When their numbers will reduce, we'll deal with them or call for Drazoth's sorcery. He's been on the winning side of cult war lately, as expected. Drazoth the Third with his sorcery, strategic and political skills is a worthy opponent... or ally.

We, the Order of the Ale haven't decided which side we've chosen yet, and it's highly probable that we'll stay neutral in this growing conflict. We are obliged to protect Prime Minister and fortress' nobles, but we're not joining in political agenda that has nothing to do with improving Doomforests' standing. We'll wait this out, and if we'll have to, defend ourselves and His Serene Majesty Smunstu I.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 11, 2016, 03:05:45 am »

Sayv please...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 11, 2016, 07:43:03 am »

Unnecessary Tangent:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:48:38 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 11, 2016, 08:00:42 am »

*Ryukan whips out "How to stall on a forum" And hastily reads*

"HERE, LOOK, OVER THERE!"

[OOC: I will post a picture of what my computer looks like after I dropped it.... when I can upload a picture, I had to restart and play on my P.O.S. desktop that ran the game at a whopping 1 FPS, I was about to throw my mouse. Rest assured, proof and pics will be up to back my story]

(P.S.: Why the hitting on New Jersey?)
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 11, 2016, 09:34:27 am »

Because Jersey is a shit place?  Like, vastly shittier than even the trashiest parts of glorious Canada.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 11, 2016, 10:41:36 am »

Ireland is better.
CAC A DEABHAL AIR GACH DUINE ANSEO!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 11, 2016, 12:50:42 pm »

Because Jersey is a shit place?  Like, vastly shittier than even the trashiest parts of glorious Canada.
I was politely riding my pet polar bear around the forums in search of more maple-related things when I read your comment. All hail glorious Canada!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 11, 2016, 01:02:52 pm »

I was politely riding my pet polar bear around the forums in search of more maple-related things when I read your comment. All hail glorious Canada!

If you're ever in my neck of the frozen hellscape, let me know!  I'll share some Canadian Whiskey from my booze stockpile.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 11, 2016, 01:14:02 pm »

Imic cancels write post: laughing his arse off.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Hans Keip

• Bay Watcher
  • 135/156/15 156/15/1356 2346 135/156
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 11, 2016, 05:46:18 pm »

Well colour me impressed! I didn't realize there were so many other plaid-wearing, hockey-playing Mounties here!

Come! Let us sing: https://youtu.be/QgaRd4d8hOY?t=36s
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 52