Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 96671 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile

I'm not sure I've ever seen Gwolfski post a picture.

EDIT: Guys, give Gwolfski some slack, he's playing Necrothreat at the same time.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 04:16:43 pm by TheFlame52 »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

EDIT: Guys, give Gwolfski some slack, he's playing Necrothreat at the same time.
Well that's just poor time management :/

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Actually, Doomforests is in the background on one core, while I'm messing with Necrothreat on the other. Both go so slowly it's not a problem.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Well that's just poor time management :/
Actually, Doomforests is in the background on one core, while I'm messing with Necrothreat on the other. Both go so slowly it's not a problem.

Gwolfski, I WILL expect a picture up by 8. And before you say I told you tomorrow, I told you that yesterday. So get cracking. And post the z screen with date and fortress name, to see if you've even played.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:01:21 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

I had a situation at home. As a result, I've lost access to my original computer for roughly a week. I can't do the same thing over. I think ill stop getting involved in playing succesion games until my situation stabilises. Stick me at rock bottom of the list. :'( . I'll have a ho at Necrothreat cos I dont have to finish a year there. Once again, I apologize, and I hope I'll have a more stable life after a few weeks. Sorry for wasting a week. :-[

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I had a situation at home. As a result, I've lost access to my original computer for roughly a week. I can't do the same thing over. I think ill stop getting involved in playing succesion games until my situation stabilises. Stick me at rock bottom of the list. :'( . I'll have a ho at Necrothreat cos I dont have to finish a year there. Once again, I apologize, and I hope I'll have a more stable life after a few weeks. Sorry for wasting a week. :-[

I owe Taupe 5 bucks.

I think I'll give the fort a spin, finally... Any suggestions on who to RP as?

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Do Smunstu.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Journal of Smunstu, Prime Minister of The Town of Stroking

After years of waiting and planning, I am finally the undisputed ruler of not only Doomforest, but of the entirety of the Town of Stroking. I have also felt the presence of Ryukan. He requested that he be able to abide in my sword. I agreed, and now his spirit now resides by my side, giving me council. At first I was skeptical. But then, this past week, the remaining elements of both The Ministry and The Order of the Black Arrow combined their resources, and now I am the Head of the Ministry AND the Order of the Black Arrow: Doomforest Division.

Using this new found political power, I wrest control of the overseer ship from Gwolfski, and using the temporal machine, I have travelled back to claim my rightful position, As The Ruler of Doomforest.

My first order?
A new palace of course. I need a place to rest my aching bones.

Palace of the Setting Sun
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Age of His Most Serene Majesty, The Prime Minister
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After this, I look at our stockpile I see that we are good to last a while. The military seems very competent, especially after NCommander's rule.

I will sleep on this and come up with a plan of action tomorrow. Ryukan concurs. His presence is oddly comforting, though the looks people give me when they see me talking to my sword is very amusing.

(OOC: I hereby Declare Timber 16th, A holiday of the utmost respect. I am also aware of the Palace he already has, This one is just bigger and located on the main floor.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:50:24 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Ordering of Doomforest: Ryukan's Take-over
« Reply #503 on: June 14, 2016, 08:34:20 pm »

Imperial Missive to Order of the Ale:

Your Squad is now ordered to the protection of the Prime Minister and to project his will to all his subjects. The New Imperial Code of Law is as Follows:

• All Persons must Register with the Office of Population Management.
  • All Future Overseers must present Forms to the Office of the PM, The Template of which will be set at a later date
  • All Production and growing of the Heretical plant, the Strawberry, will hereby be outlawed and punishable by death by the Hammerer
  • Any overseer who does not finish their turn will only receive ONE more chance at redemption.
  • The Prime Minister will be styled as "His Most Serene Majesty, Prime Minister of Doomforest and Emperor of the Town of Stroking, Smunstu I"

Glory to the Empire, Glory to Doomforest, and Glory to the Prime Minister!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:38:15 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #504 on: June 15, 2016, 03:18:22 am »

First Acolyte
Veterans of Deathgate
===

Despite recent setbacks, Smunstu has been elected to run Deathgate as overseer. While we do not have control over his actions, given he was touched by Him, we can only hope for greatness on our way to reclaim the holy land. Our direction on military training has so far withstood in his reign, with the exception that The Order of the Ale is now acting as the Royal Guard.

Although not our intent, having Smunstu guarded serves us well as He begins to stir and waken. We have intercepted the imperial missive to the Order of the Ale, and we approve of its changes as it prolongs the possibility that we may once again rule and reclaim the holy land.

We watch from the shadows, and pray that we will find a way to reach the holy land before all is lost.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 16, 2016, 11:11:19 pm »

Guys,

Something Big in RL has come up, I cannot fulfil my duties as Thread keeper, I will pass my save on, and I will give my user password to Taupe if he wishes. I'm sorry for whatever inconvenience this may cause you. I have had fun here on the forums. Know that this is my only option right now.

I do not intend to return.

-The Immortal Ryukan

(P.S. I give ownership of the O.B.A. to whomever claims it first.)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #506 on: June 16, 2016, 11:25:17 pm »

Guys,

Something Big in RL has come up, I cannot fulfil my duties as Thread keeper, I will pass my save on, and I will give my user password to Taupe if he wishes. I'm sorry for whatever inconvenience this may cause you. I have had fun here on the forums. Know that this is my only option right now.

I do not intend to return.

-The Immortal Ryukan

(P.S. I give ownership of the O.B.A. to whomever claims it first.)

I hope everything is alright. Best of luck mate. We'll be here if/when shit calms down.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 18, 2016, 12:03:39 pm »

I hereby claim the save. I shall take it on monday, when RL stuff is out of the way.
Ryukan, I wish you all of the luck that I can give you. I shall send my turn to you if you cannot read it. Good luck. And happy living.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 18, 2016, 04:23:45 pm »

Oh sure, give control of it all to Taupe, what could go wrong? :D

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 18, 2016, 06:12:23 pm »

Oh sure, give control of it all to Taupe, what could go wrong? :D
I did receive the OP's account management info, but I barely have time to manage a thread, sadly. My orders, in this case, are to find someone I can trust who wishes to maintain the OP/run this succession, and forward the login infos to him/her. My first go-to person for this kind of duty would be, i guess, Flame, because he's taken like 5 turns in Doomforests and is an overall reliable and active member. If you think you could do a good job or want to take over, drop your name and I'll hold a vote or draw names from a hat or kill a hobo and Ouija his spirit wisdom out of a board I dunno. I'd ideally like someone who has been around Bay12 for a while and likely wont disappear overnight, because having to find a sixth person to maintain this fortress would probably be on the silly side of things.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52