Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 96700 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Doom of Doomforest: The War Against Hell
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2016, 10:11:54 am »

If I may interject despite not really knowing what's going on...

I'm only seeing one person complain about this. Everyone else seemed to be quite supportive of the undead king going into a fell mood and slaughtering a dwarf :V  I really don't see the need to annul NCommander's turn.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2016, 11:24:42 am »

I'm only seeing one person complain about this. Everyone else seemed to be quite supportive of the undead king going into a fell mood and slaughtering a dwarf :V  I really don't see the need to annul NCommander's turn.
All hail the king!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2016, 11:29:56 am »

All hail the king!

Hail!!
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2016, 11:57:41 am »

I guess the ayes have it. I can't sleep but I'm not sure I'm going to play more today.

I'm also not going to do any more DFHacking without clearing it in advance. Anyway, he did make a dwarven bone crown. As a final bit of testament to this insanity, I can put it into his inventory and on his head.

(I used to have dwarfs wear the artifacts they made all the way back to DF2010. At least that way none of them were completely pointless).
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2016, 12:04:06 pm »

I look away from the thread for a few hours and look what happens.  Awesome hilarity.  Thank you, I needed this.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2016, 12:33:07 pm »

Oh yesssssssssss.....
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2016, 01:16:32 pm »

Screw it. This is even more doomed now. Just put smunstu in our enemy civ, and il let him out. Much better then hell killing us all.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2016, 01:31:42 pm »

Screw it. This is even more doomed now. Just put smunstu in our enemy civ, and il let him out. Much better then hell killing us all.

NO YOU SHALL NOT MESS MY PLANS! YOU WERE TO BE INCLUDED, BUT THIS REMARK HAS STRUCK THEE OFF THE LIST!

Ahem. 'scuse me for that... thing

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2016, 01:44:46 pm »

Anyone care to make TV Tropes page?

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 04, 2016, 05:13:47 pm »

NCommander, there are only a few things you need to know from the old thread.
1. PsychoAngel spent his whole turn making soap.
2. Wereantelopes were a problem (Speaking of which, have you done anything with that one locked in the old hospital?)
3. Taupe's turn. Read it. Now. Start here. It is possibly the best turn I've seen in any succession fort.
4. Cults. Lots of cults. One for killing crundles, one for worshiping crundles, one for soap and several more I can't remember. If you take my advice, you will not get involved. That rabbit hole does not end.
5. I'm sure you've already realised this, but Doomforests is more three forts than one. There's Upper Doomforests, which was the original. Then there's Astville, which you'll read about in Taupe's turn. There was a third, built out of an (in retrospect misguided) attempt to simplify and consolidate the fort.

I think that's most of the important things. Enough to prevent incidents like what happened to Smunstu, anyway.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 04, 2016, 05:26:20 pm »

I, think, after this turn, we give the save to Imic, who will have 2 weeks and as many in-game years he needs to finally bring about the Doom of Doomforest

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #401 on: June 04, 2016, 05:36:25 pm »

Can I have a turn first please?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 04, 2016, 05:41:47 pm »

Can I have a turn first please?

Sure, just to add to the chaos of Imics turn

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 04, 2016, 05:50:42 pm »

5. I'm sure you've already realised this, but Doomforests is more three forts than one. There's Upper Doomforests, which was the original. Then there's Astville, which you'll read about in Taupe's turn. There was a third, built out of an (in retrospect misguided) attempt to simplify and consolidate the fort.
There's Upper Doomforest, Astville, and Lower Astville. Astville is in the first cavern, Lower Astville in the third. All three were self-contained and self-sufficient at one point.

Also, Doomforest is 20 years old. I have had four turns. I am 1/5th of Doomforest's overseers.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 04, 2016, 06:05:53 pm »

There's Upper Doomforest, Astville, and Lower Astville. Astville is in the first cavern, Lower Astville in the third. All three were self-contained and self-sufficient at one point.

Also, Doomforest is 20 years old. I have had four turns. I am 1/5th of Doomforest's overseers.

Wow...

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52