Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 96706 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The Final Doom of Doomforest: The War Against Hell
« Reply #375 on: June 04, 2016, 06:57:12 am »

And he's going on a vacation soon!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2016, 07:18:20 am »

And he's going on a vacation soon!

If by vacation you mean "Get Revenge", you're right. I've already tested the fell mood, it works (and I got a few nifty artifacts on my test copies of Doomforests). Making sure there are no more hiccups, then I'm going to write the update.

EDIT: I am curious how many people know what a fell mood actually is, given how rare they are ...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:22:25 am by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 04, 2016, 07:56:40 am »

I've had one or two, they only typically happen in forts that have gone to sh*t, like ours 0:D

And the pop drops by one
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #378 on: June 04, 2016, 08:12:27 am »

Unknown

The One True God looked upon the world, and saw the soul of a most pitiful creature. He saw the creature cut down In His Name, in defiance of the plan.

He saw that his chosen would pay, and took glee in watching them suffer. And in His laughter, he found within a moment of mercy.

He looked at the creature in a way only the gods can look.

His followers had saw this simple creature as a leader, despite not even being able to communicate. He thought this blind devolution was amusing, and so took the world upon the Great Forge, and worked.

As He worked, he learned (in the sense that gods can learn), that this Smunstu had harbored a desire, and his inability to complete it had caused him to resent all those who how to create.

And made one final touch His work ...

---

Smunstu had seen his own death. He felt himself leaving this mortal coil as those horrible dwarfs finally ended his miserable existence, and then suddenly everything stopped. He was denied his freedom!

He felt something snap inside. He had understanding! He felt strange ...

He looked down, and saw his own dead body and ...

Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 04, 2016, 08:33:17 am »

... What just happened?

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2016, 08:37:15 am »

... What just happened?

I made him a full member of the civilization, made him king, then gave him a fell mood.

Or in other words: He reported himself dead, then snapped and decided to complete his life goal in the only way he knows how. With dwarven bone.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:39:50 am by NCommander »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 04, 2016, 09:24:03 am »

... What just happened?

I made him a full member of the civilization, made him king, then gave him a fell mood.

Or in other words: He reported himself dead, then snapped and decided to complete his life goal in the only way he knows how. With dwarven bone.

Can we sees the finished product

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #382 on: June 04, 2016, 09:27:04 am »

He hasn't finished it yet. The fort is running a glacier 4 FPS at best. He just got the body back to the workshop.

EDIT: Looks like he took out an Axe Lord. I had the military stood down to increase hauling, so I'm not completely sure.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:29:22 am by NCommander »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2016, 09:33:44 am »

He hasn't finished it yet. The fort is running a glacier 4 FPS at best. He just got the body back to the workshop.

EDIT: Looks like he took out an Axe Lord. I had the military stood down to increase hauling, so I'm not completely sure.

Imagine the look of horror on the dwarves faces when their King just storms down the hallway, delivers a martial arts punch to the neck of an esteemed warrior, and just drags the corpse down the hallway as quick as he came

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 04, 2016, 09:34:22 am »

... So. We've devolved to the point where we are editing the oldest resident of the fortress with dfhack so that he is completely unlike the prime minister we knew and loved. Maybe the paladins should join Imic in the far future. It's nicer there.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2016, 09:37:46 am »

Imagine the look of horror on the dwarves faces when their King just storms down the hallway, delivers a martial arts punch to the neck of an esteemed warrior, and just drags the corpse down the hallway as quick as he came

It gets better. He was witnessed in the act, but because he's justice immune, its letting me select a dwarf to convict. I'm debating who to pin this on.

... So. We've devolved to the point where we are editing the oldest resident of the fortress with dfhack so that he is completely unlike the prime minister we knew and loved. Maybe the paladins should join Imic in the far future. It's nicer there.

I haven't had a chance to read the old threads. After he comes out of his mood, I'm going to make him a tavern keeper and not muck with his soul anymore. We can call it a moment of temporary insanity.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2016, 09:50:42 am »

It gets better. He was witnessed in the act, but because he's justice immune, its letting me select a dwarf to convict. I'm debating who to pin this on.

I haven't had a chance to read the old threads. After he comes out of his mood, I'm going to make him a tavern keeper and not muck with his soul anymore. We can call it a moment of temporary insanity.
If yer gonna go this far, i might as well use the portal to ressurect every goddamn person in this fortress. Sorry, i don't really like cheating.
Sorry.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2016, 09:53:02 am »

If yer gonna go this far, i might as well use the portal to ressurect every goddamn person in this fortress. Sorry, i don't really like cheating.
Sorry.

I resurrected him because I didn't know his importance. It expanded from there. I'm willing to either scrap my turn, or restart if people don't like it. I'm not here to shit on anyone's fun.

(also, as karma, he made a crown with no description).

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2016, 09:54:29 am »

Sorry.

I resurrected him because I didn't know his importance. It expanded from there. I'm willing to either scrap my turn, or restart if people don't like it. I'm not here to shit on anyone's fun.

Well, dammit. All in favour of restarting, shout 'something obvious'
Sorry about all of this.
Oh my god, why am i being a moron. I blame puberty.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:00:31 am by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2016, 10:02:49 am »

Sorry.

Well, dammit. All in favour of restarting, shout 'something obvious'
Sorry about all of this.

I actually have a save right after I resurrected him but before I gave him the mood. That's a second choice vs. scraping the entire thing. At this point though, I kinda feel like I'm pissing on this thread so I'm going to go lie down, and may forfeit my turn when I get back up.

Not sure yet.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52