Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 96728 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Doom of Doomforest: The Calm Before the Storm
« Reply #345 on: June 03, 2016, 07:21:04 pm »

Did you seriously just murder the Prime Minister on a whim.  >:(

You're going to have to be more specific. I killed a lot of things on my turn.

I didn't have time to read the entirety of the Doomforest threads. We need a summary ... or a tvtropes page.

The PM was the oldest surviving Citizen of Doomforest, and a beloved goblin, the founder of the Ministry, and the last relic of the Mad Doctor; he who singlehandedly saved Doomforest with soap. So forgive us if we revert the save
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #346 on: June 03, 2016, 07:29:55 pm »

Did you seriously just murder the Prime Minister on a whim.  >:(

You're going to have to be more specific. I killed a lot of things on my turn.

I didn't have time to read the entirety of the Doomforest threads. We need a summary ... or a tvtropes page.

The PM was the oldest surviving Citizen of Doomforest, and a beloved goblin, the founder of the Ministry, and the last relic of the Mad Doctor; he who singlehandedly saved Doomforest with soap. So forgive us if we revert the save

Oh ... frig ... I didn't know >.<; As I said, I kinda got thrown in and didn't have a chance to read the entirety of the thread (just this one) to catch up).

Part of me though likes a cult that took over and has managed to murder everything loved and cherished in the name purity. I'm very good at destroying peace.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #347 on: June 03, 2016, 09:00:04 pm »

OOC: Problem solved

First Acolyte of the Veterans of Deathgate
24th of Slate 1074
===

There has been an awakening. Unbeknownst to us that goblin had been a local deity worships in times before.

We felt The One True God reach out, and the Prime Minster has risen.

He now sits in his quarters, engaged but alive. I will have the area walled off as a precaution.

OOC: I'm tempted to set his tags to Undead/Opposed to life since I messed with the natural order of things. I know my way around DFHack. Alternatively, I could make him a noble ...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:03:18 pm by NCommander »
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 03, 2016, 09:23:59 pm »

Make him a noble, that is undead and opposed to life..... the resulting RP will be delicious.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #349 on: June 03, 2016, 09:33:24 pm »

Make him a noble, that is undead and opposed to life..... the resulting RP will be delicious.

Undead or Opposed to life might be hard coded hostility. I can make him a noble relatively easy with DFHack. I've got a copy of the save before I resurrected him, and now I'm tinkering with his soul to see what I can do with it.

EDIT: Yeah, I was right. Opposed to life is implemented as a type of craziness. If I set it, I can't do anything else with him unless I get very clever.

EDIT 2: Might be able to make him an undead vampire. Still tinkering.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:59:32 pm by NCommander »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2016, 10:00:13 pm »

Just "make-monarch" him and do what should've been done long ago... (A goblin king of Dwarves...)

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2016, 10:05:58 pm »

Just "make-monarch" him and do what should've been done long ago... (A goblin king of Dwarves...)

Doesn't work with this version. I need to fiddle with his flags to make a him part of the civ before I can smack that in place and then add a prime minster position. RIght now, I've gotten as far as making him a were-dwarf.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Doom of Doomforest: The War Against Hell
« Reply #352 on: June 03, 2016, 10:14:44 pm »

Changed title of thread, main page gonna finally updating tomorrow, with updated turn list

Find a way to make him king... Or else

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #353 on: June 03, 2016, 10:17:58 pm »

Changed title of thread, main page gonna finally updating tomorrow, with updated turn list

Find a way to make him king... Or else

I was actually going to add a "Prime Minster" noble, or at least rename the king. The problem is the group tables. If I do this right, he should be friendly, though I *might* cause a loyality cascade.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 03, 2016, 10:22:32 pm »

Prime Minister will do, just make his authority higher than the king, and his requirements none.

Smunstu will rule during Doomforest's final years, as foretold by the scrolls.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #355 on: June 03, 2016, 10:30:34 pm »

Partial success! He's off the invader list and on the citizens list.

His thoughts are fun to read. Right now, he's in this weird state where the game isn't sure what he is. THe usual fix was to force a strange mood which gets him added to the civilization vectors. I'm tempted to force him into a fell mood because he's damn pissed. I'll do that after I get him nobled.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 03, 2016, 10:35:37 pm »

Rename him "Smunstu The Ageless King"

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #357 on: June 03, 2016, 10:37:32 pm »

Working on it. Any objections if I force him to have a Fell Mood? Figure its karma for killing him once.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 03, 2016, 10:58:09 pm »

Working on it. Any objections if I force him to have a Fell Mood? Figure its karma for killing him once.

Just post the combat log

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #359 on: June 03, 2016, 11:07:39 pm »

Just post the combat log
[/quote]

There isn't one for Fell moods. He'll walk up to another dwarf, off them immediately (no save), then turn him into an artifact. Amusing, his life goal is to create a masterwork.

I've got the entities table mostly edited. He's now showing up as "prime minster" on both the nobles screen, and on the units list, though his job section hasn't gone purple "Noble" (though that might have been removed). Should I completely remove his room requirements? I've left him with the ability to mandate, and demand, as well as be justice immune.

We also have a few unused noble positions I can abuse if we want to add anyone else to the "n" screen.

EDIT: Embrace the DFHack

EDIT 2: also still need to undead him. Maybe make him a vampire if I can figure out the necessary entity tags.

EDIT 3: Internally, he's using the MONARCH tag. So we'll never get a king normally unless he goes splat. He's not showing up on the 'c' screen either, so there's a good chance legends mode might be wonky.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:12:34 pm by NCommander »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52