Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 94637 times)

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will the Mech Intern do?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I'm going to update the fort to 42.06 on my turn

Opinions?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigh…
Back in my day we had proper forgotten beasts. None of this namby-pamby nonsense! I mean, I don’t want a Supergoat or anything, but it would be quite nice to be “slayer of something-or-other” and have people actually impressed by it.

The First in the New Quote Bank!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:53:15 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

I have an objection to his death. Please wall him up in a room on a diet of water and raw plump helmets. I have a use for him. Whens my turn?
Make him a farmer and give him his own personal living quarters.
It's like astville all over again
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to update the fort to 42.06 on my turn

Opinions?

I vote in favor.  Yes.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

I vote no. Updating will cause a lot of bugs.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

I vote that we give it a shot, unless there are known bugs that would kill the fort.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile

[OOC] Doomforests save is compatible with 42.06, checked it before. [/OOC]

In the spaceless void

Gogol meets with Dark One again. Strange nature of this realm makes everything infinite in size, up to paradoxical dimensions.

- The time has come... - Gogol begins ominously.

- Let's begin now! - with excitement Dark One starts to chant an eerie incantation.

Back in Doomforests

The Klan-Master was assigned to butchery work. He took a pig that queen yelled at just a minute ago and took an axe. Just as he wanted to cleave it's skull, striking in between it's eyes, the pig spoke:

- Stop mortal!

- What!? - Dark Two was horrified, he couldn't butcher that pig.

- Behold my power!

The pig started to move it's convulted legs. Dimmension doors to hellish realms shot all across the room, dreadful souls of the damned tried to make their way to Doomforests and shred everyone to pieces, but they were stopped by pig's power. Pig shrieked out a sinister incantation and a stream of red energy striked Dark Two, easily passing his magic protective armor. This must be a really powerful pig, as it's magic got through soap protections.

- You will know what to do when the time comes! - the pig burns with chromatic flame, but it's not hurting it. A moment later it's just an ordinary, stinking swine.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

STOP, DEMON! DOOMFORESTS IS UNDER MY PROTECTION!

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whoo! Excitement!

My sincerest condolences to the family of Gwolfski. He will be missed much more than the Giant Gray Langur who was the other victim.

Imic! You’re going the wrong way!

Well, many congratulations to Vabôk, who was the first to stop following Imic’s leadership and actually attack the minotaur, stabbing its hand and knocking it unconscious with the first hit. She made quick work of it after that.

Please be interesting!
Too much to hope for, I guess.
Webs! I’m sure our brave soldiers will deal with it…
Hang on, that’s the cavern I haven’t yet sealed off. I guess I have no choice.
Everyone up! Soldiers to the caverns!
I regret to announce that the Wood Intern was in the caverns at the time of the attack and is probably being torn apart as we speak.
His heroic sacrifice may allow others to escape.

Oh. My mistake. It seems that the Wood Intern is in an area inaccessible from where Osman is. As is the fortress entrance. Emergency over! Just a drill!

Human merchants!
Sounds like a good idea.

Frankensteen’s resting in hospital, having (I think) been attacked by a tantrumming child.
Hang on, is that another hospital? Good grief.

Sigh.

I think that cavern’s sealed… You know what? Pest control.

AARGH!
It’s all going horribly wrong! I’ve just noticed (OOC: 1.5 hours of almost continuous running later) that the cavern was not sealed, meaning that the tunnel I’ve just sent many of our soldiers into so that they can get to the forgotten beast is not where they need to be.

Planned path to forgotten beast:
Problem encountered by miner on way to clearing path to forgotten beast:

Well, the miner (Mate888) escaped unharmed, despite falling asleep within about twenty metres of the thing, rather that going to the burrow as I said!

Ah. Maybe not unharmed, but he’ll probably recover…

You’re meant to be fighting a forgotten beast, not climbing a tree!

OK, maybe Mate888 won’t recover. Still, rather him than me.
It’s all fun and games ‘til someone loses an eye.

I would cut my losses and seal it in at this point, but I’m not actually sure how to seal this cavern against a flier.

Aban Zursùlzas is dead.
Mate the 888th is dead.
Rovod Vabôkenkos is dead.
Såkzul Stinthädnakas is dead.
Vabôk Olinidor, minotaur slayer, is dead.
Right. I’m retreating to here. Everyone who can get out of the caverns, do so. Let the swift not wait for the slow.
A stand will be made here, which hopefully will allow the masons to sort out the building works.
Scrap that, even that’s not secure against fliers.

That should be easier.
Now for the masons to get to work.

OOC: I know it's not as important as I'm making it sound, but I've not had much else happen, so I had to make something of it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:22:13 pm by Sacasco »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what does the syndrome do? Has anyone been treated? Does it rot everything or just what's been exposed?

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what does the syndrome do? Has anyone been treated? Does it rot everything or just what's been exposed?
It seems to knock people out, turn everything yellow and then kill them. There may be intermediate stages, but I was distracted by forgotten beast.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm always here if the save needs saving.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy shit... Mate888 died.  That was... a seriously old dwarf, in terms of this slaughterhouse.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Holy shit... Mate888 died.  That was... a seriously old dwarf, in terms of this slaughterhouse.

*taps plays thought the fortress
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 06:12:44 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Noooooooooooo! Mate! That ruined some brilliant rping, i think.
Too bad about the smell.

Is this the end of the inquisition?
Or will he do some weird body swapping shenanigans?
Find out this amd more... Next time! On Doomforests!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52