Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 94282 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The Telling of Doomforest: A History of Cults and Soap
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2016, 01:51:24 pm »

If tecnoxan posts the save, sacasco can have the next turn, that'll prevent the disaster that is gwolfski for a little while longer

No,  It's my turn. What did I do? I don't really get why everyone is so scared...
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2016, 08:43:26 pm »

Alright so SOL's are here. Just in time for everything to need to be done. At home later tomorrow should work tho, I'm reeeally sorry I have to stall guys, last thing I want to do.  :( But I swear it shall be done! I'm setting reminders on my phone and everything.  ;)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2016, 03:35:54 am »

the disaster that is gwolfski

What did I do? I don't really get why everyone is so scared...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2016, 05:12:17 am »

For one thing you are the duke of bredbowl.
For another thing, you are... You. And you are... Um...
... I'm gonna leave now.
*backs out of the room*
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2016, 05:55:51 am »

For one thing you are the duke of bredbowl.
For another thing, you are... You. And you are... Um...
... I'm gonna leave now.
*backs out of the room*

But.... but.....

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2016, 06:27:53 am »

The reason I'm scared? You're EAGER to have a turn Gwolfski.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2016, 07:43:17 am »

But...but...Gwolfski isn't Taupe! Taupe is the one with all the disasters. Gwolfski just...has 'minor accidents' compared to Taupe.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2016, 08:28:20 am »

But...but...Gwolfski isn't Taupe! Taupe is the one with all the disasters. Gwolfski just...has 'minor accidents' compared to Taupe.
The problem wirh Gwolfsky's turn is that they usually involve three weeks of waiting with vague promises of a gameplay happening  At some point deadlines ans extensions run out, and we start asking for reports, or a save, or really anything. At which point Gowlfsky announces that he'll upload the save on a specific day. Infaillibly, we then learn that two minutes before doing so, a lightning storm broke his house or hia hard drive wiped or rhe game vanished, etc, etc. We then pretend that we buy it and move ob to the next player.

Gwolfsky's turns arent disaster for the fortress itself, they simply delay the thread by twenty days.

Kadian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon (Semi-wild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2016, 09:23:47 am »

[...]
Infaillibly, we then learn that two minutes before doing so, a lightning storm broke his house or hia hard drive wiped or rhe game vanished, etc, etc. [...]

Says the person whos Washing mashine exploded and had to run around in xXPantsXx for several days.
...well then!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2016, 09:59:20 am »

Only happened once i lost the save. And once i lost intenet.. anyway, I have a school break now, so I have time!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2016, 10:44:05 am »

There Will be NO hating upon fellow forumnites in this thread! All violators will have ALL of their future turn(s) postponed indefinitely! I was only joking about Gwolfski.

But the Time limit WILL be enforced here now, so Tecnoxan has until midnight Central U.S. time to upload the save or I will pass it to the next person in line (Sacasco, you're up!)

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2016, 06:24:15 am »

As of right now, Tecnaxan's turn is null and void, if Sacasco answers my PM, the next turn will begin shortly

EDIT: Sacasco is currently playing, I hope he manages to complete it
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:44:29 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2016, 10:46:47 am »

But Taupe IS after Gwolfski....   Armok Help us All

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2016, 11:15:35 am »

Id Dolushletmos looked at what was now her domain. It seemed to have some sort of curse with overseers.

(OOC: I’m afraid something’s a little off with the texture pack. I hope none of you mind)
As best she could work out, from somewhat confused reports of bystanders, the first thing she’d have to deal with was a murder.
It was a well-known story. Someone was unhappy, threw a tantrum, and when they happened to be a well-trained soldier, (Rovod Romekletmos, Elite Marksdwarf on this occasion) someone was killed. Other people then saw the crime and were too busy panicking about it to actually tell anyone.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A great deal of help they were. Id Dolushletmos wasn’t much good with corpses either. She was sure justice could wait for someone to report what they saw, rather than her having to deal with it.

“This will not do. I am the queen and you’re telling me the outpost liaison has a better room than me?”
Id guessed that this was the next item on the agenda.
When Queen Libash was angry, she made it painfully obvious to anyone nearby.
“And will someone please do something about all these pigs!”

She ordered the miners to begin preparing a new suite for the queen. Anything for a quiet life. Possibly somewhere out of the way.
Behind the bucket stockpile looked good. Seriously, though, there were a lot of buckets. Between that stockpile and others, they had… (She had to ask Drazoth, the bookkeeper, for this) 203 buckets. Hers not to reason why...

It turned out that as overseer she had access to various “plans” (in the loosest sense of the word) which she’d never known about before. There was a lever annotated “Total Safety Project”, turned on. Id thought it best to leave it like that.
She also saw a large room looking like a dining room, but with only two tables in it. There were also some seeming gaps where chairs should be. She ordered the gaps filled and every table in stockpiles placed there, then ordered more chairs built. This job was beginning to feel stressful.
Id recoiled briefly from someone she passed. She looked how someone might if they were attacked by a horde of angry belt sanders and then dropped from a five-storey building. She turned out to be Frankensteen, Minister of Art and Culture. Her appearance seemed somehow apt. (OOC: anyone have any idea what happened to her?)

Id wanted some gold statues for the queen’s new residences, and it turned out that someone had ordered 15 gold chains, for reasons unknown. 12 had been built, so Id assumed that whatever purpose there was, there were probably enough by now and had the order rescinded.

There were too many pigs. Id ordered the majority slaughtered. Terrible, smelly things. They were just as bad dead, but someone else could deal with that.

Hang on; traders! They’d been here the whole time, but there’d been enough else to do that Id hadn’t noticed them until now. She’d send the broker over to see what they had to sell…
Hmmm...

Then she began receiving reports of crundle attacks in the caverns. A mason, Inod Zonzas, had wandered into the caverns for reasons unfathomable by any sentient being. There, crundles had set upon him and he was about to pass out from blood loss.
There was also, for some reason, a tunnel being dug towards him by a lone miner. Id had no idea what that was for, but decided that someone must have had a reason for it, so let it happen.

A spear was named. Id felt nothing else needed be said about this event.

Work finally began on the queen’s new quarters.

Mandates to fulfil, nobles to please, masons to save, madnesses to remedy, pigs to slaughter, Rovod attacking a sleeping butler; Id just wished to finally get to sleep as 28 Limestone slid slowly into 1 Sandstone, and her first day as overseer of Doomforests came to an end.

OOC: This is a little hectic. I’m getting 4-6FPS, so this could take a while, but I’ll just run it while doing other things and hope nothing too urgent happens.
On a rather more important note, you people are utterly insane. The only way I know of finding somewhere is hoping it’s near one of the hotkey locations. There are enough abandoned areas that I feel we could lose all the places where anyone actually goes and still have a functioning fort.

I’ll admit I’m rather enjoying this.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2016, 11:42:38 am »

One more and I will set about removing lag.... hehehe
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52