Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 94500 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The Cleansing of Doomforests: The War of the Cults
« Reply #705 on: August 19, 2016, 04:32:04 pm »

I really hope no one is playing in the plumbing. 100 zlevels of pressurized water, incoming!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 20, 2016, 02:49:01 pm »

Journal of Dark Two
       Last Entry

This is the last entry that I write in my journal. Last entry before the impending doom finally comes. I ordered my knights to gather all the booze they could, grab loads of foodstuffs from farms and kitchens, and prepare everything. And when everything was ready, I ordered to call all civilians, military and dwarves of importance in this fortress. The Festival of Death shall begin soon. I'm writing this entry not to leave a sign that doom finaly came to Doomforests for future adventurers. I'm writing it so they could know that we all have died during the biggest, most crazy and booze-flowing festival they could only imagine, and that they missed it!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #707 on: August 20, 2016, 03:11:56 pm »

Look, the prize roast is not ready yet. And I probably have a leak in the plumbing. Ah well, 2/3 of the caverns are a sewage system now.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 22, 2016, 01:41:05 am »

Imic was running along the hallwy. He was surrounded by other dwarves, moving furniture, panicking, crying,carrying all that they owned. They were all going upwards, away rom the impending doom below them. Imic was going down, to survey the damage to the lower parts of astville. As he came down, a stream of water came through a crack in he walls, and began to flood the corridoor. He picked up the other dwarves who were lying on the floor. There was no way he was going downwards. He ran back upstairs.
As he ran into the hall, there was a horrid rumbling noise. He shouted:
'BRACE YOURSELVES!!!'
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 24, 2016, 12:26:55 pm »

D3 was staring at his hand, where only a moment ago Hans' (for lack of a better term) letter of resignation was.  He was trying to puzzle out if the crumbling to ash was supposed to happen or a side effect of the excess energies flowing through out the fort.  The moment of hell's release was growing closer, he could feel it in his beard (the most magically sensitive organ of any dwarf).  After making a quick check to make sure that the portal device was still working, he felt a rumbling in the ground.

"Looks like that party has started, and it's a mighty big one from the sound of it.  Guess I might as well attend.  Not like I'll have another chance."  And so he wandered off in the direction of the party, seeking booze.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #710 on: August 24, 2016, 12:59:04 pm »

Meanwhile, in a very walled in residential area, levers were being hastily pulled. Suddenly, the forges lost power, a great reservoir was filling with the mountain's blood.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 24, 2016, 01:50:48 pm »

People were abandoning ship. Several were leaving. Some had lived there their entire lives, and refused to go. Some were crying. Some were standong. Some were sitting. All of the had the same thought on their minds. Doom.
Imic lead some civilians out. 'These were the last from the lower halls. The rest were partying, dead, or refusing to come!'
Hugs were exchanged. But not for long. A rumbling came from the deep. An earthquake shook the ground. Masonry fell.
'It's nothing compared to what's coming. This is the end of the line.'
The final doom of doomforests had come. The calm was gone. The storm was beginning.

Ooc
Gwolf, plz post some images? We all want to see the doom coming.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 24, 2016, 02:24:26 pm »

Gwolf, plz post some images? We all want to see the doom coming.
I don't think I've ever seen Gwolfski post an image.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 24, 2016, 02:55:08 pm »

He posted an image of every single trade good that he had traded in his turn in breadbow once. But this is different. This is the final doom of doomforests: the storm has just begun.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #714 on: August 24, 2016, 03:52:56 pm »

12 FPS. Slow but steady. Pictures tomorrow

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 24, 2016, 05:30:31 pm »

On a New World, Somewhere Far from Doomforest

"Well" said Airith, "Doomforest is finally living up to its name." Airith was sitting in a chair under a tent (underground dwellings where not yet built) next to a river. She was holding a hand mirror with images of the chaos unfolding at her former home. As she was watching the chaos, Drazoth appeared.

"How are the preparations for the Fortress going Airith?" He asked.

"I've built a new world from Armok's Anvil and it has all the qualities we've been looking for. I've picked the place where our next tale will be told as well." She hold the mirror outside her tent at the surrounding scenery to let Drazoth take in their new home.

"Its nice" Drazoth lamely said.

"Well, with just me working here, things aren't up to Legendary status yet, but niether was Doomforest until a certain snail and vampire arrived." Airith retorted.

Drazoth visibly shuddered, "Don't mention that again, we lost a good deal of dwarves to that calamity. Good dwarves."

"Fine, but do tell Gwolfski to hurry it up please... I think I can hear his insane laughter from here. I haven't got all year... well I kinda do, but you get my point. I can't unveil the home of our next story until Doomforest falls." Airith said, clearly impatient (OOC: Hint Hint)

"I'll tell him, just don't expect much, Drazoth out." His image spiraled into nothing, until Airth only saw herself in the mirror.

She sat in her chair sipping Strawberry wine as the sounds of digging drifted to her upon the nice spring breeze.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 24, 2016, 07:32:05 pm »

Just so you know, the sequel will likely be in the same world for lore reasons, unless there is gameplay reasons not to be.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 24, 2016, 07:53:32 pm »

Do you mean we'll be regenning the world in 0.43 or are we literally using the same world?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 24, 2016, 09:37:38 pm »

I was just going to use unleashing hell as a lame plot excuse for a World Ending Apocalypse, I've had a World genned up on .43.06 for like a week maybe. Just waiting for someone to end this fort. Heck, I already have the New Thread's Template already saved on Word and ready to just upload.

I'm a little prepared you see.

Edit:

Also, I need everyone's in-game avatar and a little Bio (for the New Thread's Home page) just say somthing about your character(s)' back-story or goals. Just PM me that so I'll have a little "Here's The Cast" segment.

Edit: Also, Pick one:

• Abyssmountain
  • Doomhole
  • DoomedDoom the Doomed Doom of Doomed Dooms
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 09:45:44 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 25, 2016, 02:06:19 am »

Doomcastle.
I'm gonna sing my doom song now! Doom doom doom doom doom doom   doom doomdoomdoom    doom doom doom doom doom doom doom  doom doom doom doom doom doomdoom doomde doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom Domiddy doom doom, doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom I'm gonna sing my doom song now! Doom doom doom doom doom doom   doom doomdoomdoom    doom doom doom doom doom doom doom  doom doom doom doom doom doomdoom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom Dooooooooooooom doom doom, doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom I'm gonna sing my doom song now! Doom doom doom doom doom doom   doom doomdoomdoom    doom doom doom doom doom doom doom  doom doom doom doom doom doomdoom doomde doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom Domiddy doom doom, doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom , doom doom doom, the end.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52