Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 96362 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: The Cleansing of Doomforests: The War of the Cults
« Reply #600 on: June 30, 2016, 07:42:29 am »

I thought it's like a heap of pretzels melted together and tied into a square knot.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #601 on: June 30, 2016, 07:50:22 am »

I thought it's like a heap of pretzels melted together and tied into a square knot.

This is a lead masterwork timeline called Doomfortests. The timelime is forged into the shape of a pretzel. The pretzel is studded with strawberry seeds, sliver barb, and menacing spikes of dwarf bone. On the pretzel there is an engraved images of dwarfs and goblins. The dwarfs are bowing to the goblin. The artwork related to the ascension of Smunstu, Prime Minster of the Dwarfs. There is an image of the dwarfs. The dwarfs are melting. The artwork relates to the understanding of the insanity of Doomforests. There is an image of dwarfs and dwarfs. The dwarfs are fighting. The image relates to the Battle of Supremency in 223 between The Order of the Ale, and the Paladinial Order. There is an image of dwarfs and goblins. The dwarfs present the Veterans of Deathgate, the goblins represent the Prime Minsters Council. The dwarfs are confused. The goblins are confused. The timeline menaces with spikes of doom.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 30, 2016, 07:52:40 am »

Doomforests timeline is more like a pretzel at this point, ain't it ...

We are way past the concept of linear time. Its weird if you don't time travel, though the destruction of the soap portal was supposed to stop that, Imic
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #603 on: June 30, 2016, 07:54:23 am »

We are way past the concept of linear time. Its weird if you don't time travel, though the destruction of the soap portal was supposed to stop that, Imic

So more like a Timeforest? ... I just found the name for the sequel ...
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 30, 2016, 08:04:18 am »

Its official! Time forests! I've already worked on the draft and rules, just gotta wait until NCommander switches the dwarves loyalty and we see who wins.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #605 on: June 30, 2016, 08:55:20 am »

I think we should let Imic take his turn, and if the place is still standing, look at the remaining dwarfs list, figure out who belongs to what, and kick off the end of the world.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 30, 2016, 11:46:06 am »

Its official! Time forests! I've already worked on the draft and rules, just gotta wait until NCommander switches the dwarves loyalty and we see who wins.

Aww, I was going to name the sequel "MurderCruel" or just let the RNG decide, but TimeForests sounds cool too.  Maybe we should put it to a vote.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 30, 2016, 01:07:18 pm »

In the Waiting Room

Ryukan sat at the end table in the corner of the room and watched as Imic and his masters undid his hard work. He slowly sipped the Strawberry Wine (only illegal in the Mortal Realm) in his chalice. He was vaguely upset that his hard work was so easily undone and that Imic was using means outside his means to do it, but all was well. He put his IPad 11 down and sat there in the gloom and thought.

(OOC: No more thinly disguised Dues Ex Machinas please)
I have heard of deus ex, but never a machina?
*google google*
Ah.
Sorry, I edited it about five times, and the ressurection thing was added in edit two. I was honestly afraid and expecting someone to say that. Gimmea minute...

*earlier*
The other rea-
'Is not pressing the button. Press the button instead. Or maybe the button. But not the button. I came from the future. Don't do it.
In the waiting room

'Who else is getting deja vu? The ipad was dropped onto the floor

Also, an ipad... 11?
 :o
The plot thickens
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 30, 2016, 01:20:49 pm »

Wait, WHAT? I... Did not read all of the latest replys. I... Ooh... Ah... Er... Agh... But... When?... Ooh... Ah... Oh.................
All in favour of me deleting that last bit of roleplaying, raise the closest things you have resembling arms, and say oranges
Why oranges? Because i like oranges.
Because... *scribble scribble scribblre* I have an idea.
It's just that, I have been inventing the Undarak since i was a wee wittwe kiddi
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #609 on: June 30, 2016, 01:24:43 pm »

just add a knot to the timeline. it'll be fine!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 30, 2016, 01:28:21 pm »

Nope. I'm done. It's already complex enough. That is why we are ending it. NOW!!!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #611 on: June 30, 2016, 01:47:00 pm »

Nope. I'm done. It's already complex enough. That is why we are ending it. NOW!!!

What is the point? It will return.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 30, 2016, 01:57:29 pm »

What is the point? It will return.
Dying will simplify it. I hope.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 30, 2016, 02:09:07 pm »

🐧
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 30, 2016, 02:40:27 pm »

This is getting to Spearbreakers levels of plot shenanigans.

Also, I think Flame should lead the common dwarves in this battle. She does have quite a lot of pull as a legendary smith, plus her sigil is right there in front of the fortress. I say we let the cults kill each other and make friends with the winner.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52