Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 96361 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: The Cleansing of Doomforests: The War of the Cults
« Reply #585 on: June 29, 2016, 03:09:48 pm »

Journal of Dark Two

The sign have come. Lord of suicide and his undead ally have sent a sign to arm thyself in a huge brawl incoming to Doomforests. Each knight of the Order felt it, each civillian dwarf thar felt it too had an unusuall urge to join us in our battle to death, glory and righteous ownership over energy veins in fortess' caverns. Weakling new cults don't stand a chance against our well standing military Order, accepted by highest ranking civillian His Serene Majesty, Smunstu I. And the conspiracy... their strongest trait turns into a dire problem as it possesses a taint of Dark One's magic. And for all what latest research of my knights have shown, undead god is just a split personality of Gogol, the god of suicide, with both it's facets appearing at the same time due to it's divine nature and an atypicall lost of rhytm in ever sounding symphony of energies. Within the estimated octave, an anomaly known as Dark One appears and takes dominance over usual energy vibrations, leading to a cacophony of energetical melodies, ending with an abrupt silence. During such moment, taint upon conspiracy's forces can be used to banish them out, and it's weilder stripped of energy. However, it's in our interest to use it's forces first so to defeat new weakling cults that bear unusual traits...

The page in journal ends in a pseudo-scientificall relation on energies and their rhytm, mastery of reading through them and an unusuall state for divine being such as personality dissociation syndrome.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #586 on: June 29, 2016, 03:13:06 pm »

I'll just watch, thank you very much!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 29, 2016, 04:05:45 pm »

NCommander, please let Flame pump out enough steel armor and weapons for the whole fort before you loyalty cascade it.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #588 on: June 29, 2016, 04:25:14 pm »

I request to be sealed in a room with a farm and booze and water. And steel gear. Pretty Please.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 29, 2016, 04:49:36 pm »

I request to be sealed in a room with a farm and booze and water. And steel gear. Pretty Please.
You mean, the fortress?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #590 on: June 29, 2016, 05:46:51 pm »

Add some farms to my room, a well, booze stockpile and ill be fine. Oh, and my dorfs husband/wife too, please.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #591 on: June 29, 2016, 05:47:27 pm »

Add some farms to my room, a well, booze stockpile and ill be fine. Oh, and my dorfs husband/wife too, please. And enable farming

Edit: accidental doublepost, sry

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 29, 2016, 05:49:53 pm »

I will upload tomorrow, then I will hand the save to NCommander and the game will resolve this war.

Meanwhile in the O.B.A.s capitol, codenamed Arrowpoint...
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 29, 2016, 06:28:04 pm »

Events of Moonstone 13th 1075

In the O.B.A. Stronghold of Tombcrest

BOOM

"Shite! Mistress Airith, we're under attack! Its the Paladins!!!" An acolyte shouted above the arguing council. Silence prevailed.

"Well, what are we standing around for!?! Man the cannons! Musketeer brigades to the main gates and battlements! Airships to the skies! Battle stations everyone, Battle stations!" Airith Commanded. What followed was a very organized chaos.

Airith donned her armor and went to the main battlements. She gazed upon the enemy that was assembled before her.

"Somethings wrong..." Airith remarked as she scanned the field. "There are banners of both the Paladins AND the conspiracy? Why are they here?"

"That would be my doing dear acolyte" Airith jumped at this new noise from behind her.

"Master!"

"Yes it is I, please let go, you're crushing my lungs" Airith let go of her master.

"Why are you here and why are they" she gestured at the army assembled before them "here?"

"I have discussed possible options with my fellow watchers, as Smunstu has taken to calling us, and we have decided to wipe the slate clean. I regret doing this to you Airith, but you will die today, as will everyone here most likely."

"Why master? And who are the "watchers"?"

"I cannot reveal that to you, for if I did your mind would implode in upon itself. We decided to wipe the slate clean. To cleanse this world. After Doomforest destroys itself in a gory bloodbath, we will guide seven new dwarves to a new location and begin anew."

"Will I live on in a new spirit?" Airith asks.

"Only time will tell. But I am afraid not. We intend to wipe this slate COMPLETELY clean, nothing of the old order will survive. Well" Ryukan chuckles "nothing except Smunstu. I will strive to free him of this demise. He has endured what nobody else could have survived.... My time has come to leave this plane until the return of the rest. Fare thee well Airith. Fight well and you will find that our mutual master will have another assignment for you." Ryukan said as he dissipated into thin air.

Airith was wakened from her stupor by a cannonball hitting above her head.

"Ma'am! We are fighting back with everything, but they will take the gate soon! Should I evacuate the council?" A musketeer corporal asked.

"No corporal. Set explosives to destroy the portals and the emergency exits."

"WHAT!?! Ma'am? You can't do that!"

"I can and I will corporal, you forget your place. Do as I say. Go!"

The corporal runs off to do his mistresses task. Airith watches with pride the black and silver coats of her army march towards the battle with cannons thumping and the whir of the Airship Armada heading towards their collective doom.

She closes her pocketwatch as the main gates are tore asunder and the enemy floods into the last O.B.A. fortress.

Airith charges the enemy with her personal guard of Truthbearers, while under withering fire. She and her troops fight to the last, making the enemy pay for every inch of ground.

The next morning, as the remains of the Paladin army sift through the ruins, it becomes clear that the O.B.A. is gone, but the Grand Army of the Paladins is broken.

As Imic enters on his horse, he stops beside a small pile of bodies. He looks at the dwarf in the center of the ring. She wears the Black Arrow, and the remains of her Truthbearers are with her, and the corpses of Paladins are strewn all around them.

As the sun hits noon, the black banner of the Order is removed from the council room as the last resistance is wiped out. The Paladins put their banner up and look at the destruction they have wrought
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:33:14 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #594 on: June 29, 2016, 06:32:03 pm »

Or maybe not. I'll just die a gory death. However, i do request I be behind a line of weapon traps. I am the chief engineer, after all. My concience, although weakened, will prevail!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 29, 2016, 08:53:36 pm »

D3 sat in his office, nursing his rum-tea, and took out the gift.  With a word of command, a large mirror appeared on the table.  With another, the mirror began to show images of a far away scene.  His army of bone constructs, the insect like assault drones to the ape like wall-breakers marched through a portal and appeared before a great fortress, one flying the banners of the Black Arrow.  Ahead, there were warriors bearing the Paladin's banner.  Amused, D3 decided to assist them, silently directing his army to the other side of the fort, trapping the Black Arrows between the two armies.  The battle raged for hours, D3 only looked away from the delightful scene to make a new drink.  Once the main citadel was breached he ordered his army back, letting the paladins do the mopping up.  Though he had lost a fair number of constructs to this battle, all the bones being retrieved by his army assured that they would be replaced with ease.  But first, it was time for a quick nap.

In a far away fortress, the Mother sat at her desk, and noticed that another of the orbs along the back had ceased to glow.  She cursed in rage.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 30, 2016, 12:35:34 am »

So yes, I- well, that was quick.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 30, 2016, 01:00:38 am »

King Jhil stood in the broken remnants of the battlefield. He wiped his sword clean of the blood of whatever those creatures were. Matriarch Gwendolyn came into the room.
'Jhil, we found something...'
'Comin' sis.'
Gwendolyn led her brother to an old passage leading out of the min hall. Inside it was a single stone slate. Behind them, Grendabar Greymane, oldest living mortal creature in all of existence and Archmage of Gelrand, walked into the room.
'That slate is why we are here. That slate contains all the secrets of everything. How do you think so many necromancers were tought here? How do you think that they knew so much about soap? I mean, seriously, we didn't even know about that... It... Resonates energy... Gathers people around, just like right now. They get into cults, and eventually fit it out.'
'Your point is?...'
'I have been chatting with Armok, he's an old friend of mine. I stopped down to inter-dimensional tea and I told him of what was really happening here. I told him about the cults, the soap- it was really to jog his memory, he knew it all before, but he still had on his mind...
'What?'
'To restart the world and reincarnate all of the peoples in it. It's the last thing that they would excpect. They want to "wile the slate clean", they want to start from scratch. We can't let that happen.
'Why not'
'It's complicated. When you have 542,796 years under your belt, you start to understand things a bit better.'
Several people shuddered at the mention of Grendabar's age.
'We must gather up the forces, and call Imic's nephew and niece.'
At the mention of th-
Suddenly an irish phone box appeared out of nowhere, and the door was opened to reveal two,aside from their gender, almost identical Undarak in overalls.
'You called?
'Eddy and Lily. It's good to see you two again. We need you ta take the rest of the troops, and get them out of here. The king, archmage. And the matriarch had a huddle.
'And press... the button.'
'The button?'
'No, the... Other button.'
'Ooooh... But isn't that a bit ri-'
'It must be done. They did not deserve this.'
'They did, you know...'
'The other reason is called messing with other people's plans'

Slowly the Undarak army, clad in heave armour with swords and hammers and guns all filed into the phone box, which promptly dissapeared
Suddenly, all of the black arrows woke up, as if from a deep slumber, withmost of their wounds gone. The Undarak corpses, were nowhere to be seen.

High above the fortress, a blue flag ran out, on the bottom was half a gear, with the serrated sied facing down, with a hammer balancing in the middle, standing tall and proud. Airith took a sword and cut the entire flagpole down.

Later

'Imic?'
'Yes, coming...'
'You have pulled your troops out of doomforests, correct?'
'Yes, yes, yes...'
'I want you to take this.'
She handed him the slate.
'Bring it back to doomforests. Now that we can keep it safe, we need you to take it to new doomforests. No more cult wars for us, we need to stay on the sidelines now. We can let the order of the black arrow continue to whatever end it deems fit, now that we have this.
'Wait, all that death for a stone tablet?'
'Yes, or... Lack of death...'
Soldiers who "died" in the battle marched past to the medical ward.
'I think that their leader stole it somehow... But we neded it back.'
'Well then.'
Imic stepped into the phone box, which appeared conveniently right behind him, and in a flash, was travelling to new doomforests.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:01:47 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 30, 2016, 07:15:48 am »

In the Waiting Room

Ryukan sat at the end table in the corner of the room and watched as Imic and his masters undid his hard work. He slowly sipped the Strawberry Wine (only illegal in the Mortal Realm) in his chalice. He was vaguely upset that his hard work was so easily undone and that Imic was using means outside his means to do it, but all was well. He put his IPad 11 down and sat there in the gloom and thought.

(OOC: No more thinly disguised Dues Ex Machinas please)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #599 on: June 30, 2016, 07:20:39 am »

Doomforests timeline is more like a pretzel at this point, ain't it ...
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52