Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 96618 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: The Ordering of Doomforest: Ryukan's Take-over
« Reply #540 on: June 21, 2016, 10:20:11 am »

Journal of Dark Two

It seems that all the doomsaying and sinister forces around Doomforests have ceased, or calmed at least.

For a short while, the fortress was managed by NCommander, a somewhat competent overseer. He was guided by One True God, probably one of the gods forming the dark tribunal - Nifih, Jeha or Gogol. His faith in that diety was so strong that it gave our dwarves power to fight hordes of demons and forgotten ones, what's more, it brought Smunstu back from his mysterious death. Not by reanimating his decomposing body, but rather by bending the energies to bring vitae back to his corpse and infuse it with a soul. But time passes quickly, and again the fortress is managed by the prime minister Smunstu.

We have received the Imperial Missive, and already our knights have been assigned to protect the prime minister - we are the Royal Guard now. Shortly we will open Office of Population Management in one of spare chambers at the brewing area, and a scribe would be selected to write down personal information. Our next move would be proper management of Bloodthorn Signup Cabin - proper overseership forms would be prepared by our scribes.

The Order agrees with most parts of new law, but there is one point that would make some things a little bit harder. Strawberries - important alchemical catalyst and also a flavor to some otherwise undrinkable brews, will be outlawed. Our squads have been ordered to search houses of citizens, to seek out heretical plant and any of based on it products, then take it to proper utilisation in magma sea. This would certainly bring Smunstu enemies among worshippers of strawberries, Gwolfski in particular.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #541 on: June 21, 2016, 10:31:30 am »

You! you... Monster!

However, I will comply. For now. Be warned.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 21, 2016, 03:16:09 pm »

Finally, someone did something about the stupid strawberries.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #543 on: June 22, 2016, 02:04:22 am »

Finally, someone did something about the stupid strawberries.

Notice, we never grew strawberries. They are reserved for growing in hell.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #544 on: June 22, 2016, 02:48:01 am »

Journal of Dark Two
The Order agrees with most parts of new law, but there is one point that would make some things a little bit harder. Strawberries - important alchemical catalyst and also a flavor to some otherwise undrinkable brews, will be outlawed. Our squads have been ordered to search houses of citizens, to seek out heretical plant and any of based on it products, then take it to proper utilisation in magma sea. This would certainly bring Smunstu enemies among worshippers of strawberries, Gwolfski in particular.

First Acolyte of the Veterans of Deathgate
===

We approve. Although one feels that the strawberry taint may be released into the magma sea and thus pass into our magma forges. To prevent further spread, we recommend liable use of Dwarven Atomsmashers.

OOC: No hard feelings Gwolfski :). But the Veterans of Deathgate do not approve of strawberries in hell. The proper surface plant is of course fisher berries
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 03:44:28 am by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #545 on: June 22, 2016, 03:18:03 am »

Damn you ;)

If we ever need more cults/cultists http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158754.0
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:41:09 am by Gwolfski »

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 22, 2016, 10:40:47 am »

If we ever need more cults/cultists
No. Just no.

(In case anyone thinks I'm actually against the cults, I just enjoy complaining.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:25:47 pm by Sacasco »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 22, 2016, 10:47:32 am »

If we ever need more cults/cultists
No. Just no.

(In case anyone thinks I'm actually against the cults, I just enjoy complaining.

No, but but but... I likes makings the chaos

Also, why is no one calling Smunstu by his full title?!?

His Serene Majesty, Prime Minister of Doomforest and Emperor of the Town of Stroking, Smunstu I
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:17:50 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 23, 2016, 10:46:37 am »

Journal of Smunstu

Well, I've had a change of thought. Instead of a Palace below ground, I will build an aboveground fortress that connects to the main city. I will name this fortress The Barbican. It will hold 2 squads of dwarves and my own personal quarters. I know this move to the surface may be unpopular, but I am a goblin first and foremost. I also will use this new fortification to train our troops above ground so they don't succumb to the light of the sun.

And this fortress will be a physiological defense as well. Humans and Elves don't truly comprehend that the fortresses of dwarves go mush deeper than they can even imagine, so by building The Barbican, I will be saying in Human terms, Don't Fuck with us!

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 23, 2016, 02:27:12 pm »

Is my Longshanks' giant spiffy gatehouse still in existence?  It had a drillyard in the main court for precisely those reasons.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 23, 2016, 05:49:07 pm »

Is my Longshanks' giant spiffy gatehouse still in existence?  It had a drillyard in the main court for precisely those reasons.

Its still there.

I just needed a thinnly disguised excuse to build a Huge dark tower for the PM

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 23, 2016, 08:38:39 pm »

Make it part of the Chalice of Armok!  That way Glorious Smunstu can be the one to pull the activation lever!
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 23, 2016, 09:02:32 pm »

Glorious Smunstu

His Most Serene Majesty, Prime Minister of Doomforests and Emperor of The Town of Stroking, Smunstu I !!!!
What is the problem with addressing the PM by his FULL TITLE!!!

----

Journal of Smunstu 1st Granite, 1075

Work is slow. Some blockhead decided to tell our only miner to NOT mine. I quickly rectify the problem. I also set about felling a large swath of this Armok-forsaken forest. After I order that to be done I take Ryukan on a tour of the fort, provided that, despite him "living" here for almost four years, he never ventured from his sanctum. I, myself, haven't seen the lower portion of the city, my guards kept informing me that Astville is a den of violence and that I should stay in the safety of Upper-Doomforest. Now that I have proclaimed myself as their Emperor, I ordered that I be allowed to tour the famed Astville and the even deeper Lower-Doomforest.

I must say, this is a clusterfuck of madness, wrapped in insanity, baked in the fires of hell, drizzled with soap, and set to dry in Despair.

I cannot fathom what these poor dwarves have endured living in this ratsmaze. I admire their courage.

----

Journal of Smunstu Granite 20, 1075

I have to say, the current bueacracy that Doomforest sports will not do. I have a council-esque government in mind. I have taken a notice to how Doomforest is like a city, with a set of Three wards. Ryukan informs me that he has the power, as a watcher, to circumvent the laws of this world, both physical and social. He tells me that he will delve into the very fabric of our existance and alter the minds of our dwarves and do away with the current Nobility and their titles. He will then delve into what he calls the "code" of our universe and set up a position of Minister. He instructs me to give the title of Minster to the heads of all the active Cults of our beloved home.

Minister of Lower-Doomforest -

Minister of Astville -

Minister of Upper-Doomforest -

Minister of The Barbican (yet to be established) - Ryukan (when he reincarnates himself)

Prime Minister - Smunstu (of course)

I will send invites to all of the Cult heads and I will take their positions in a first come, first serve basis.

(OOC: Tell me what position you want. Requirements of Office: must be the head of a cult already established in canon)
(OOC [again]: I also wish to inquire about the "plot" of this thread. With the rule of NCommander, the main DOOM Plot was postponed. Anyone want to kick start a new, interim plot?)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:11:02 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 23, 2016, 09:31:14 pm »

Double post, sorry

----

Ryukan's History Guide, Update: Granite 21st 1075

Well to start off, here is a view of the world's population percentage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here's the current standings of the Civs

The current Domain of His Most Serene Majesty, Prime Minister of Doomforests and Emperor of The Town of Stroking, Smunstu I

The Lineage of The Old Kings

The current population of the Town of Stroking

And the current Wars being fought in His Majesty's Name

The Steamy War
This war is the most prominent and important to his majesty. This war has seen five battles waged in front of the very Gates of Doomforests. Each attack, the goblins are driven back in bloody defeat. Their Civilization is now just a ruined husk of a once great power.

The extent of the conflict:

The Glorious Battles:

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #554 on: June 23, 2016, 10:17:11 pm »

If we want to do a counsel, I can dfhack in new noble positions. Bring on the mandates.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52