Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 96674 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

me now
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews

me now

Well, Imic was next on the turn list, but at the time, the plan was to kill the place. That changed when the fort ascended back to a usable FPS. But Imic also said he was busy with Breadbowl so I'm honestly not sure what the sitrep is.

If you go next, can you do me a favor and report what your average FPS is? My laptop is garbage so I'd like an actual benchmark to compare it to. I'd also like it if you left the military training as I set it up on the offhand chance we can actually end up with 70+ lords. in 3-4 turns.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews

I'm also looking with DFHack how hard it would be to add the missing raws to get scholars and such working. That one is a fairly invasive edit so I'm not sure if its worth the risk.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Have there been any modifications to the raws already? If not, it should be as simple as copy over fresh raws.

edit:

Ill copy the prime minister changes into a fresh 43.xx raw. Any other files other than entity_default changed?

we need about 10 extra  lines for scholars me thinks.

Well, i just did that. Let's see what happens.

I need 42.06 raws, dont i? sigh

Firing up the game...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:12:59 pm by Gwolfski »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

I'm getting 13-14 fps without even putting df priority to high.

Wheres all the miners?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:46:08 pm by Gwolfski »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews

Have there been any modifications to the raws already? If not, it should be as simple as copy over fresh raws.

edit:

Ill copy the prime minister changes into a fresh 43.xx raw. Any other files other than entity_default changed?

we need about 10 extra  lines for scholars me thinks.

Well, i just did that. Let's see what happens.

I need 42.06 raws, dont i? sigh

Firing up the game...

The raws weren't changed except to make the monkeys war trainable. Nobles aren't read in from the raws post worldgen. I had to modify the memory structures directly. Recommend using the raws with the save

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

What. The. Hell. I go to work for 7 hours, come back and we've lost the battle on hell.

Also, I was next after NCommander, but you can have the save...

Gwolfski at the helm of Doomforest...

*shudders involuntary*
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Well, in NCommanders defense, this is not, by far, our worse loss (see Taupe's first turn) and considering how he skillfully handled the retreat resulting in only a few deaths, not bringing the entire population down to one dwarf and goblin ( again, see Taupe's first turn), and how he skillfully handled the fortress and saved it, not damn it ( see pretty much anyone's turn), I believe this was a win.

Hail NCommander! Savior of Doomforest!
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Still, nothing will happen if i dont find the fecking miners!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile

There's a few in there. They just aren't called miners.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

I am a bit busy right now, since it's anuall move-all-the-furniture-around week. Oh well. At least my computer has more wifi where it will be now.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews

Still, nothing will happen if i dont find the fecking miners!

There should be a few. I lost a good number of them earlier. They're one of the few who aren't drafted, but there's a massive dig job designated to try and find more iron which is probably got their attention. Make sure you designate mining priority 1 which helps, but it took months in game to dig out some of the passages I needed.

Miners seem kinda flakely in 42.06, I had a lot of trouble getting them to dig anything

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Miners seem kinda flakely in 42.06, I had a lot of trouble getting them to dig anything
It seemed to me like the priority for mining was greatly reduced, so they'd often haul rather than mine, if the job was closer. That's the opinion of a definite non-expert, though.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

I added in the new entity_default raws. Hopefully scholars might work? No crashes yet.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52