Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 94526 times)

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Doom of Doomforest: The Calm Before the Storm
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2016, 11:59:07 am »

I'm like 90 percent certain you died last turn mate. There should be some of your heirs kicking around. I'll post which ones once I get home from work.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2016, 12:53:52 pm »

I'm like 90 percent certain you died last turn mate. There should be some of your heirs kicking around. I'll post which ones once I get home from work.
Oh, allright. I'm still reading Sarasco's turn. I hope I died the proper Dwarven way.
That is, screaming in a mix of agony, fear and drunken rage.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Noooooooooooo! Mate! That ruined some brilliant rping, i think.
Too bad about the smell.

Is this the end of the inquisition?
Or will he do some weird body swapping shenanigans?
Find out this amd more... Next time! On Doomforests!
Oh, don't worry. I named a lot of Mate's relatives as "Mate the 89somethingth" during my three playthroughs. I'm pretty sure at least one fo my heirs will take over as Head Inquisitor/Hammerer.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2016, 02:02:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mate the 888th is dead.
He died as a hero, as a Dwarf. As the beasts from Hell approached in, he felt no fear, as his faith in Armok gave him strenght. Even after one of his eyes was gouged out by the monster, he fought on, striking the beast with his mighty adamantine hammer.
But alas, strenght alone can't defeat a demon. He did some major injuries on the thing, but he was eventually taken down, and his soul ascended to Armok's Halls where he--
Who the fuck am I kidding. Uncle Mate drunkenly dug a tunnel when the giant bug found him. Even if he took a swing at the thing, he probably missed because of the sheer amount of alcohol on his blood and because, well, you can't aim when you lost your eyes.
He probably died like most dwarves do: screaming in terror and drunken rage, his adamantine hammer resting peacefully on his office. But the people should not know that. It's better if they see him as a hero, not an unlucky drunkard. To keep their faith strong, now that I have to succeed him.
At least Armok will grant me His favor, and that's all I need to survive.
I am Mate the 892nd. Royal Hammerer of the Hall of Mortality, Head Engraver of Doomforests, High Inquisitor of the Church of Blood.
Blessed be the Church! Glory to the Queen! Glory to Armok! Glory to Dwarfkind!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2016, 03:21:01 pm »

I thought the Inquisition was dead...
I think its a little late to put up an official cult...
Feel free to register in the new fortress, whose name I will put up a vote (any ideas?)
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2016, 03:24:08 pm »

Feel free to register in the new fortress, whose name I will put up a vote (any ideas?)
Why was it dead? Its leader just recently died, but that doesn't really mean it's dead does it?
Also, what new fortress? I skipped a couple of posts but I don't think that the fort was entirely killed off in that short amount of time, right? Right!?
Or is it another sub-fort like Astville?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2016, 03:39:22 pm »

Why was it dead? Its leader just recently died, but that doesn't really mean it's dead does it?
Also, what new fortress? I skipped a couple of posts but I don't think that the fort was entirely killed off in that short amount of time, right? Right!?

We are planning the downfall of the fort, retiring if you will. The title says it all.

I am preparing a sequel for when Drazoth pulls the lever.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2016, 04:09:40 pm »

*Two plump helmets grow rapidly filled with ominous energies and turn into plump-helmet men. They speak telepathically to themselves while carving marks in farm plots, writing something on the ground.*

- And so we meet again... - starts Dark One

- Klan-Master is already bringing new revolution in Order!

- Indoctrination of dwarven superiority... elven genocide...

- The fall of Doomforests starts with fall of lesser empires... Shall we begin?

*Farmers shake their heads in disbelief, for the plump-helmet men carved COR'SHAEL`A ETH XIORALE in their fields, then their heads exploded.*

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2016, 05:01:17 pm »

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2016, 05:30:16 pm »

We are planning the downfall of the fort, retiring if you will. The title says it all.

I am preparing a sequel for when Drazoth pulls the lever.
Well, if that's so, then my cult could be the one that's still loyal to the Queen and the one wich tries (and fails) to stop the other cults for destroying the fort.
Also, what does that lever do?

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2016, 06:40:51 pm »

A) I said that I won't pull the lever, as others want to play their turns first, Ryukan.

2) The lever is called "The Apocalypse Lever"  3 guesses as to what it does.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #221 on: May 01, 2016, 07:00:41 pm »

guess 1: absolutely nothing!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2016, 07:33:14 pm »

Whatever happens, Flame has adopted the fort as his own. So he'll protect it with all the bullshit majjyks in his arsenal.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2016, 09:14:58 pm »

A) I said that I won't pull the lever, as others want to play their turns first, Ryukan.

Sorry, I'm typing on my phone, I don't have the patience to type a paragraph explaining our current "plan"

And what does the lever do?

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2016, 09:18:59 pm »

The lever does nothing, as it's not built right now.  When built, it should cause magma flooding, and unleash hell, from multiple places.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52