Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 94412 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Disclaimer, Sanctume is currently running the Battlefailed sequel.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Is 2 months of progress.... where the f is my save? I guess dfhack wasnt lying when it said saves can break (I use dfhack for twbt plugin and quicksave)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your turn, then, Taupe! Enjoy! I vote we allow Sanctume to take a turn if they want immediately afterwards.
Gwolfski, if that save is working, I think that would be good. Two months is still a lot of time, or at least was for me.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I thought I was in charge...

But yeah, your next. Im just excited we had at least ONE update
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Altho I'm on the list, and follow the threads, it's worth mentionning that Im currently without electricity, a computer or a room.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Your turn, then, Taupe! Enjoy! I vote we allow Sanctume to take a turn if they want immediately afterwards.
Gwolfski, if that save is working, I think that would be good. Two months is still a lot of time, or at least was for me.

For some reason, no progress saved.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Hi people, I- ooooooooooh! Dragon age: origins! I'll be back in three years or so...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

Altho I'm on the list, and follow the threads, it's worth mentionning that Im currently without electricity, a computer or a room.

Sorry to hear that.  Do you think you'd be able to have access to those things sometime in the near future, or should we skip you?  If so, that means the turn passes to (checks turn list) me? 

[Maniacal Laughter Intensifies]
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Sorry to hear that.  Do you think you'd be able to have access to those things sometime in the near future, or should we skip you?  If so, that means the turn passes to (checks turn list) me? 

Skip me. Once ai finally get acces to basic commodities my focus probably wont be DF.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

Maniacal Laughter Intensifies

I'll download the save tonight.  Let's see what fresh horrors arrive arrived since my last turn.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:31:51 pm by Drazoth »
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Maniacal Laughter Intensifies

I'll download the save tonight.  Let's see what fresh horrors arrive arrived since my last turn.

... ... ...

Make peace with whatever ills you have, I doubt you will get another chance...

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

D3 emerged from the portal, back into his office.  Hans was standing at the desk, looking somewhat nervous.  He handed D3 an envelope.

"It's from the paladins.  They can't decode it, and figured that you might be able to."

"All right, I need a break from this portal business anyway."  He sits down at the desk, and takes a swig of rum.  "There's something else isn't there Hans?"

"Yes sir.  There's been another time reversion.  Things have reset to just before Gwolfski's reign, and you are apparently overseer now.  However, everyone in the fort has memories of Gwolfski's reign, and have noticed the time reversion.  People are getting very anxious, and will look to you for answers."

"That isn't good.  I fear that the end draws near for DoomForests....."

OOC: I have the save.  And D3 isn't the only one who fears that the end is nigh for this fort.  I personally think that it's getting to the point where this fort must be brought to an end lest the bad fps and the turns that get abandoned because of it cause the fort to die of stagnation.  I would much rather see the fort die in firey blaze of violence and madness befitting it's name.  Trust me when I say that I've enjoyed this fort immensely. and as one of the first to join, this fort almost feels like a child to me.  A violent, twisted, demented child that I love completely, for it is a reflection of my madness, and the madness of all of us who have come together to create this thing. 

My idea is simple.  I will create several disasters waiting to happen, all held back by one thing.  A lever.  A simple lever.  This lever, the Apocalypse lever, would be placed somewhere it could not be mistaken for anything else, such as the top of one of the brass towers.  When (ideally) Kronk is sent to pull the lever, all hell (and other things) breaks loose, and if the fort survives, it likely won't survive the resulting tantrum spiral.  Thus, once we feel the time has come, it will be simple to usher the end days of the fort.  I won't pull the lever this myself this turn, unless the majority of people wish me to do so.  I shall begin playing tomorrow, for it is late now.  If anyone has anything they want to say, feel free to do so.

Sincerely, Drazoth

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Redorf me as mechanic, minister of engineering, my spirit must have left its new, secomd host.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

D3 emerged from the portal, back into his office.  Hans was standing at the desk, looking somewhat nervous.  He handed D3 an envelope.

"It's from the paladins.  They can't decode it, and figured that you might be able to."

"All right, I need a break from this portal business anyway."  He sits down at the desk, and takes a swig of rum.  "There's something else isn't there Hans?"

"Yes sir.  There's been another time reversion.  Things have reset to just before Gwolfski's reign, and you are apparently overseer now.  However, everyone in the fort has memories of Gwolfski's reign, and have noticed the time reversion.  People are getting very anxious, and will look to you for answers."

"That isn't good.  I fear that the end draws near for DoomForests....."

OOC: I have the save.  And D3 isn't the only one who fears that the end is nigh for this fort.  I personally think that it's getting to the point where this fort must be brought to an end lest the bad fps and the turns that get abandoned because of it cause the fort to die of stagnation.  I would much rather see the fort die in firey blaze of violence and madness befitting it's name.  Trust me when I say that I've enjoyed this fort immensely. and as one of the first to join, this fort almost feels like a child to me.  A violent, twisted, demented child that I love completely, for it is a reflection of my madness, and the madness of all of us who have come together to create this thing. 

My idea is simple.  I will create several disasters waiting to happen, all held back by one thing.  A lever.  A simple lever.  This lever, the Apocalypse lever, would be placed somewhere it could not be mistaken for anything else, such as the top of one of the brass towers.  When (ideally) Kronk is sent to pull the lever, all hell (and other things) breaks loose, and if the fort survives, it likely won't survive the resulting tantrum spiral.  Thus, once we feel the time has come, it will be simple to usher the end days of the fort.  I won't pull the lever this myself this turn, unless the majority of people wish me to do so.  I shall begin playing tomorrow, for it is late now.  If anyone has anything they want to say, feel free to do so.

Sincerely, Drazoth
*turns away from Xbox*
Let me have my turn first. Then kill it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Uhhgggg... I'll start booting up a sequel

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52