Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 94297 times)

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

File uploaded here:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11923
I played for one full year, but wasn't sure I could face any more, as it was running so slowly. Things got a little ... interesting towards the end. I'll submit a report shortly.

EDIT: Here's the full write-up:
Two more, Cerol Uzolazin and Adil Kobeloslan, have died in the retreat.
(OOC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A little more information about the effects of the syndrome)
There is a great big worm thing blowing dust which makes people rot everywhere! Stop going into the caverns!
It’s been standing there since the last death. Maybe I’m panicking overmuch.

Well, the cavern is sealed. However, I think there might be a child down there. Ah, well.

Yes, come in! Come in! Life expectancy: ~5 years.
Actually I’ll draft them into the militia. ~1 year.
They’ve now brought Flame’s Legacy back up to full strength. It also caused them both to take off all their clothes, which I’m sure made a strange first impression.

If you just want attention it’s not going to work!

SAFETY NOTICE TO ALL DWARVES:
1. Those cute spiders are not, repeat not, to be touched.
2. If you see a spider, kill it with a sock.
3. Being bitten by a spider decreases your worth as a productive member of society.

Don Pedro has finally snapped. Thank Olnen. (OOC: Sorry Gwolfski…)

Dwarven traders! This year is nearly over!
And so the cycle repeats…

New werebeast!
I’ll just let it bite a few people and leave the next overseer to deal with it…

Well, I did send the whole militia after it, but I have some unfortunate announcements to make.

Miss Taupe, The Good Doctor, was killed by the werecamel. She ran forth bravely from the gates to take on this new incarnation of an old foe, and in doing so gave time for the militia to arrive. Even with her death, she did everything she could to save lives.
The Good Doctor was a long-standing and respected member of the fort. She survived cheerfully through thick and thin, helping her fellow dwarf without ever having to be asked. Our prayers go out to her friends and family.
We are all diminished by her loss.

Etur Asobnin and Edëm Ruthöshoslan have been bitten by the werebeast, and both are also severely injured. I will lock them in the hospital they choose to rest in. My sincerest regrets to their families, but I’m afraid they are now a danger to everyone they ever knew. That danger has to be dealt with and this is the only way I know.
(OOC: and the next overseer is able to train an unstoppable army of werecamels, Silentthunders-style. I recommend the Super Happy Team, personally)
Now that’s something important! My department has actually achieved something in Doomforests! If nothing else, let this be our legacy. We were the only dwarves in the whole Hall of Mortality to look at Giant Gray Langurs and see anything other than bloodthirsty beasts! We saw a species with a great future ahead of it, if we could only harness it. And we have done that!
(OOC: In case you weren’t aware, as most of you probably weren’t, Id Dolushletmos is an animal trainer)

And the two werecamels are sealed in the hospital, with 15 days to spare before the next blood moon. I just hope I haven’t missed any.

And this terrible year finally comes to an end. Thank Olnen.

OOC:
The main hospital has been converted into a werebeast storage room. I looked through the combat logs and didn’t see any other bites, but keep a close watch on the outpost liaison. They were injured and I didn’t see how, so that may be a bite.
All three caverns are sealed off. The worm-thing forgotten beast seems disinclined to move, and hasn’t done anything to kill the child I think is still wandering around down there. Still, it will kill anything which gets too close.
Oh, I forgot to re-dwarf Gwolfski, and haven’t had time to for Taupe or Mate888. There are still a good few Mate8XXs running around, though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:54:52 am by Sacasco »

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

I was staring to wonder when this fort was going to go mad again. Just wait for next turn, Snustok 3, SuperGoat 2, and other sequels to the many menaces this fort has known.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

K, well I'm going for my turn...

Pray fer me poor soul

Also we page 2ed there for a moment guys
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile

Nearby Steelgolds

Two cloaked wanderers met up together in a small forest...

- Just in time, Dark One!

- What is it this time, Gogol? - Dark One seems irritated with this meeting.

- Forgotten ones, werecamels... was it a part of the plan?

- It's just to make things more interesting - we'll see how new overseer deals with these troubles, and more of them incoming in future...

- What about the Klan-Master?

- Just a matter of time... He'll be ready soon...

- Sometimes I have a feeling that you're trying to fool me, to make a part of your greater plan...

- You'd be a fool thinking this way. You know that cooperating we can both profit greatly... Don't worry Gogol, it's just a part of the plan...

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Guys, I can't finish. I'm just going to say it now before I make you all wait two weeks. I am about to get slammed with RL issues (exams) among other things.I'll still be keeper of the thread, but I couldn't possibly finish a turn, not yet.

Soooo... Gwolfski, you're up.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

WTF is happening to my posts to this topic?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

You've been posting?  The connection might be dropping just as it's submitting, or something stupid like that
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Heh... heh.... I've got an idea!!! To the mines! The outcome  has a high chance of solving our fps problems, though that is so far from the desired effect it might reach the other end of the spectrum and loop back!

Post posted:Check

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Deep beneath Doomforests, in a secret chamber...

Gadrok stood back, and took a look at his glorious creation. It was a perfect triangle, of solid steel, with a perfect circle of suspended liquid soap in the middle. Perfect interdimensional travel. None of this choppy stuff, unpredictable rubbish, but good, real travel. Imic and Gordak came in, followed by Irkran. You finished it? Yes. Yes, i did.
'Well then, let's have a party!' Said Imic.
'I'll call the Prime Minister and his secratary.'
'Why?'
'Come on, he'd love it!'
'Hmmm... Fine.'
'And we managed all this by actually locking doors.'
'Hang on, we didn't lock it when we left!'
The shadows by the door were deeper then they should have been.
'Oh no!'
'Attack!'
The order of the black arrow charged inside, with the element of surprise. Gardrog jr. And Goken came in to the room from where they had been sleeping. The black arrows had a sort of elegance, hidden by their shadowy magic. The paladin's magic was used mainly for healing and shattering undead.
Imic swung his hammer, and Ryukan dodged. A knife flew past his ear, and hit the portal controls. Ryukan swung a knife of his own, and cut Imic in his shoulder. One of the ninjas came down and swung. Imic was on the floor, bleeding in three different places. Gadrok came to heal him, with Gordak defending them. Black Iron arrows, that seemed to suck the light out of the room, began to fly. one of them hit the portal controls. Imic, back on his feet, swung at Ryukan, who flipped over the hammer and swung a knife that narrowly missed Imic's ear. Imic kicked an acolyte in the stomach, who fell on the floor, unconscious. Ryukan flipped over Imic and swung at his face. Imic suddenly realised that if he left this alive, he would have that scar forever. All of a sudden, prime minister Smunstu and his secretary appeared in the doorway.
' I'm goin- What in the name of skeletal carp is going on here?'
Everyone stopped. Unfortunately, this meant that Ryukan let go of his knife, which flew towards the controls.. Of the portal. The portal opened. It was incredibly unstable, and all of a sudden, they were looking at every possible universe in existence, through the badly damaged portal. The acolyte who had been kicked onto the floor rose up in front of the portal, and started to scream:
'I CAN SEE IT ALL!'
'I AM A GO- AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!'
Suddenly, the images came into focus. They saw taupe's death, they saw Osp, they saw Drazoth the third, who turned to them for a second, before being replaced by dark two, and they saw dark one. They saw the inches of torment, legions of goblins, they saw alien lizard people, and they saw Datetattoed. Then the acolyte started screaming again.
'ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHH...'
Then his head exploded.
The portal collapsed, and the order of the black arrow and the Doomforest paladins lay there, staring in horror at the things they had seen.
Eventually, prime minister Smunstu broke the silence.
'Get that thing open.'
'Prime minister, I-'
'NOW!'
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh... heh.... I've got an idea!!! To the mines! The outcome  has a high chance of solving our fps problems, though that is so far from the desired effect it might reach the other end of the spectrum and loop back!

Post posted:Check

Things happening! This is exciting! Should we expect a more extensive write-up?

Also, oh dear...

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Events of 11th Obsidian, Year: Unknown

Ryukan had just arrives from his work at Constructivory, when he was met by Airith and a troop of Truthbearers.

"What is this Airith?" Ryukan calmly asked.

"The Paladins have built a portal! I was heading there now, if you wish to lead the attack now that you are back, take the lead." Airith replied.

"Very Well, come."

The small army of black robes flew over the floor with surprising little sound. If anyone saw, they would not even realize what is was. After running to the lower levels of the fortress, they were met by a fully functioning portal.

"Attack!" Ryukan shouted, and the Order leaped into battle. Ryukan engaged Imic personally. After barely a minute of fighting, Prime Minister Smunstu appeared and distracted Ryukan from his killing blow, his throwing knife missing Imic and hitting what appeared to be the control panel of the portal. Ryukan was glad that the portal was now non-operational, but joy turned to terror as he saw that Zasit, one of his two acolytes was near the portal, which had started to emit a strange light.

"Zasit, MOVE!" Ryukan screamed, but too little too late. As Zasit turned to run, a beam of light caught him and his eyes were turned from a deep blue to that of pure light. Through them Ryukan saw things that had happened, things that are happening, and things that have yet to pass.

"I Am A GO- AARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!"

At that Zesit's head imploded and exploded at the same instant. The portal stopped and sat there fizzling and smoking. All who were in the room sat in a stunned silence.

After this event, Ryukan would learn that everyone saw different things, things that pertained to them. But right then , all he could do is sit there in silence. When Smunstu started giving commands, Ryukan didn't hear them. He lay there, sitting up just staring at the body of one his closest friends.

Even when Airith began to tug him and urge him to move, Ryukan sat there, still, unmoving. As he was bore away by the Truthbearers, Ryukan's thoughts turned to what he saw.

He saw his Death.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:04:14 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

You described that so much better then i did. Well done. That terrified me.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

The Engineer, Gwolfski, runs in to the site of the portal.

"What d'ya think yarr doin'? Tryin' to weaken the verry structure of the forrtrress at a time like this? Arre ya mad? You will arrise Those-Who-We-May-Not-Name! Arrmok's bearrd! I'll have ye sentenced to gaol! Now tidy up! I don'' carre wha' the Ministerr's sayin'! No more porrtals, not untill the Grreat Experrimejnt's done! D'ya hearr me?!"

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile

In the caverns beneath Doomforests

*Two reachers jumped out of cavernous lake and landed on a small island in the back side of it. They started to grumble and screach in an ominous and bizzare language. Their speech was so otherwordly that no living nor undead creature, human, elf or dwarf could understand it.*

- So our powers have finally reached for Doomforests' underground... - Gogol says with excitement.

- It's only a matter of time until we'll reach Doomforests' energy veins. - Dark One somehow seems unmoved with this. For him, it's just a part of a plan.

- Now for the last step... - Gogol stops and looks into one spot of the cavern. He smiled widely as he sensed energies coming out of one of the chambers, then said - Looks like you were right Dark One. They really try!

Dark One gathers a small portion of energy and sends it towards the portal in an unvisible beam of prime energy, sending a vision of cataclysm and dark days ahead... also blowing up someone's head. Gogol seemed delighted by the chaos that ensued after cultists attacked paladins, and Dark One's move made it all better for him.

- Let's leave these mortal vessels, our common friend seems to be watching us in confusion... - Gogol says pointing directly at a dwarf hiding in darkness.

- Let's move then...

*Reachers jump back into water, disappearing in the dim depths of lake.*

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

''I can sense it! This will go bad! As of now, magic is hereby to be perrforrmed in sealed arreas! No buts!''
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52