Poll

anzer 38(t) keep artillery or not?

Yes keep it
- 5 (41.7%)
No its ahistorical please remove it.
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 1 FINALS: SYDNEY VS. KYOKO (still accepting moar people)  (Read 45094 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Either way, planes have a lot less crew than do tanks.
Bomber aircraft tend to have more crew then tanks...
To be fair, if it's done in the lines of GuP, it's likely going to be mostly dogfights akin to the early-to-mid-WW2 era, because dogfights are extra-sexy on the screen, and almost everything will be fighter craft which typically had either a pilot or a pilot/gunner arrangement.  Bombers are more often used to bomb ground targets rather than aerial targets for understandable reasons, though you might see something like a 10-person YB-40 Flying Fortress variant or the 5-person YFM-1 Airacuda pulled out to serve as a late-game giant flying doombrick like...

Terrain would probably be less important, but weather, initial altitude, and starting positions could be seeded.

I was always hoping for something absurd, like the Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte, just for a true doombrick :P. I think the hard part about the plane game would be finding stats for all their armor, and converting the rules.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I'd be down for hosting the airborne version of this. Ghaz, could you help me get a copy of the rules from this?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

most of the rules and mechancis have already been posted in here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

On page 18 to be precise. Reposting:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Bumping
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Im still here, i felt like i should mention that.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I'd be down for hosting the airborne version of this. Ghaz, could you help me get a copy of the rules from this?
This is the only post he made that collated any details, the rest of the time he only gave info out piecemeal when people asked specific questions so you'll just have to dig through the rest of his posts to learn more: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156932.msg6904661#msg6904661

I don't know how he ran this game without having a doc somewhere with all of the rules written down where he could refer to them, but that hasn't stop everybody from having a lot of fun playing it and talking about it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I'm not sure how much you can adapt the rules though. Crews are useless, the firing is not adapted (like, why have a malus when shooting moving target?). Very important parts, like altitude are missing.

It's probably easier to make rules from scratch.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basically what sheb said.

also sorry for the lack of info but im having exam phase so there won't be any updates for quite some while. Don't worry im not abandoning Tankery itll be back before June

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ideas for basic pilot skills.
Squad command-basically leadership with a fancy new name.
Accuracy-how good the pilot is at aiming his/her shoots and actually hitting the target.
Maneuverability-how good the pilot is at getting behind enemy's that are behind them, making shots harder, preforming aerial maneuvers and general skill in flying, obviously the best skill.

Idea for aircraft spec's
Firepower, howmany guns and how high a caliber the airplane has.
Maneuverability, how well the airplane can turn.
Speed, self explanatory
Safe speed, how fast the aircraft can go without risk of the wings flying off.
Climbing ability, how well the aircraft can climb
Gunner's, only for aircraft with rear gunners, adds a gunner who's only skill is accuracy for obvious reasons, also shows how powerful the rear gun/s is.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

This still happening? Ghaz?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Basically what sheb said.

also sorry for the lack of info but im having exam phase so there won't be any updates for quite some while. Don't worry im not abandoning Tankery itll be back before June

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Upadte next week once im finished with my last exams.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Wooooooooot!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally! #Fuckschoolitsuselessanddoesntteachyouimportantstufflikehowtofilloutaaplicationorhowtodotaxesect
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45