Poll

anzer 38(t) keep artillery or not?

Yes keep it
- 5 (41.7%)
No its ahistorical please remove it.
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 1 FINALS: SYDNEY VS. KYOKO (still accepting moar people)  (Read 45048 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Driving never effected whether or not a shot hit in the game I played, beyond the penalty to hit for a moving target.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was absolutely vital in mine when I had to flank that panzer IV though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I'd love to go ahead with making my own version of this but I don't actually have any clue how the actual stats work with relation to gameplay. Ghazkull, do you have some kind of rulebook you refer to?

Yeah, it's ridiculously annoying target. I have kind of love-hate relationship with them ever since they started appearing in Men Of War mods.
!

They're not in World at War are they? If it's some other mod I'd ask for a link, please.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

i have never written down any of the rules mostly because im too lazy and don't care enough to do so. Plus writing them down would end up over something like five to ten pages...watch a few matches and you figure out the rules though they are not very complicated.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...So do you make up the rules every game? How do you remember them if they're not written anywhere?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gods no, its the same rules every game, i simply can memorize them quite well. As i said the rules are not complicated. Thats why i am mostly loath of changing things since i have everything memorized and dont need to take any notes of stuff, apart from the tanks damages and crew losses which i note down during battles.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When you have the time could you write them down? It'd be helpful for people who want to make separate games or the like.
Sigtext!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

They're not in World at War are they? If it's some other mod I'd ask for a link, please.
Valour has them. German Soldiers Mod also has them. It should be noted that most of the units (including all armoured and most of other equipment, they do get some new infantry skins in both mods) come from this old homemade MoW mod, so their model and texture quality is considerably worse than most other, mainly because nobody really has interest in Poland except Poles and for now not many skilled Polish modders happened to MoW.

They are coming to World At War though, apparently, it's just really hard to make up units for a state that gets knocked out of war in 1939 and then relies on using foreign units and partisans without making it reduntant.

...So do you make up the rules every game? How do you remember them if they're not written anywhere?
Competetive game much. :P
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not much, actually  :P
Sigtext!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Gods no, its the same rules every game, i simply can memorize them quite well. As i said the rules are not complicated. Thats why i am mostly loath of changing things since i have everything memorized and dont need to take any notes of stuff, apart from the tanks damages and crew losses which i note down during battles.
I would super appreciate it if you could give me some hints. I don't want to start from scratch on this.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The people hath spoken the artillery will be removed. Kashyyk you can decide whether to keep it or replace the tank.

In other news rules:

Disclaimer: My notes if i mkae them are usually very convoluted confused and not well made. So yeah what you get here might not be well-written.

Tanks and Movement

Tanks have obviously a movement rating. The rating is decided simply by the speed of the tank. A Tank that can drive 40km/h gets to move forward four tiles.

Theoretically tanks have an offroad and onroad speed. Since having movement rates of two tiles per turn would slow this entire game down to a ridiculously slow speed ignore offroad speeds when creating new tank movements.

Mobility is a wee bit more complicated. Let's take the Panzer IV as our general example tank because i like it and it was the first tank i drew stats up for: the formular for mobility consists of the tanks PS/t (Pferdestärken...i think the English use kw or hp; per tonne). For the Panzer four that is 12 PS/t. Add to that the speed of about 40km/h and you have the mobility of the tank of 52.

Mobility is a stat rather randomly used since its most useful application is for tank duels when two tanks circle each other and try to hit the others back or side plating. Generally you can use it in any test where it becoems important who turns faster and thus gets the better or worse shot.

On movement Orders:
Generally you can resolve all movement orders in any order you like usually it doesn't matter, since firing orders USUALLY take place after moving orders, to save myself sanity and make things go faster.

Now there are several places where this doesnt work out:

1. Two Players giver orders that causes their tanks to crash, go to the same spot or wall off the way. Orders that cause a race for a spot or simple "escape from encirclement/keep encirclement" orders.

2. Tank A fires on Tank B who has been given the order to move into hiding where the other tank can't shoot at it.

In both of those cases you make driving tests.
Case 1: Opposed Driving Test (1d6+driving vs. 1d6+driving)
Case 2: Opposed Driving/Gunnery Test (1d6+shooting vs. 1d6+driving)
the higher value wins and decides who was faster on getting the fuck out of dodge.

thats all i can think of right now about movement. Ah wait there is Range. range of tanks is generally not very important since matches randomly last that long but for 100kms of range presume that the fuel lasts for 10 turns. At turn ten all tanks who have a range of 100 simply stop. Exemption: Roll for every tank that would stop (driving)d6. The result means the tiles you can move despite that because your driver was awesome.

Shooting Shit

Okay theres lots of rules since its the main game but this part will only go around the mechanics of hitting stuff, injuries and tank damage is treated at another point.

When our Panzer IV shoots at a T34 you have several factors to factor in. First who of thsoe two shoots first? To determine that roll 1d6+gunnery for every tank, this is the order of initiative.

lets say the Panzer gets to shoot first. his Gunner has a skill of 5 and the T34 has one of 4.

First we determine how good our own shooter does this turn: roll 1d6+ gunnery
Then we determine how hard the shot is: 1d6+Factors
Factors making a shot harder:
Close Range: +1
Medium Range: +2
Far Range: +3
Indirect Shot: +4
Target moving: +2
Target on a heightened position: +2
(thats all i can think of at the moment)

Factors making a shot easier:
Being on a heightened position: +2
(all i can think of at the moment)

if your gunnery result is higher than the shot difficulty result than the shot hits.

Armor and Penetration
Armor and Penetration are calculated simply by taking the technical data from the actual tanks. Careful with different kinds of ammo they have different kinds of penetration!

So our shot has hit teh T34 at 4 Tiles of range (a medium range shot)
we now determine whether we actually damage the tank:
first Penetration. Penetration is determined by the tanks guns penetration and the armor thickness at the point we have hit the tank. You can theoretically make this more complicated by also finding out armor values for the tower, upper body, lower body etc. but in my opinion it doesnt add much.

We hit the t-34 right in the front armor: 90mm Pen vs. 45mm front plating = 45mm deep penetration that is a penetration value of 5, round up or down after your own gusto, i round up for extra explosions.

now we determine damage: 1d6+5 (aka the penetration value)
Result: 1-4 Glance Shot, nothing happens
5-9 Hit Damage Happens
10+ Critical Hit, bad things happen

Top armor comes into play in two cases:
Indirect Fire
and when two tanks on different heights stand directly next to each other. Say the panzer Iv is on gorund level and the t-34 on a hill. the T-34 gets to shoot at the Panzers top armor.

Lower Armour has so far no use but may come into play in case of mines.

Damage and Crits

now lets get to the meat. Your shot hits its a 9 in damage, thats good, means we get to tear that tank a new one.

First we determine Location: 1d10
1-2: Tower is hit
3-4: Tracks are hit
5-8: Crew/Engines are hit
9: fuel Tank is hit
10: Ammunitions are hit

then we determine severity: 1d6 (in case you rolled more than 10 damage before jump immediately to severity 6 for the afflicted part)
Tower:
1 - nothing
2 - the tower is jammed the tank functions now like a stug (it can be repaired)
3 - the tower is jammed (takes a difficult +2 engineering test)
4 - the gun is damaged (takes a very difficult +4 engineering test)
5 - the tower is blown clean off, the gunner is uninjured
6- the tower is blown clean off, roll injuries for the gunner

Tracks:
1- nothing
2- tracks shot off (easy engineering test)
3- tracks damaged (normal engineering test)
4-6 tracks destroyed tank won't be able to move but can still turn, a second hit disallows even turning

Crew:
1- nothing
2- roll one injury dice assign it to a crewmember
3- roll two injury dice assign them to crewmembers
4- roll three injury dice assign them to crewmembers
5- engine fire, select someone to put it out (make an engineering test and roll an injury dice for the fireman)
6- catastrophic engine fire, FIRST roll 3d6 on injuries for all crewmembers, then if anybody is left standing they have to make a difficult (+2 engineering test) otherwise the tanks burns ever hotter. Crewmembers need to make field medicine tests to get out of the tank or suffer another injury roll every turn

Fuel:
1 - nothing
2 - Fuel leak (can be fixed with an easy engineering test)
3 - large fuel leak (can be fixed with an engineering test)
4 - the fuel tank bursts (needs several difficult engineering tests to fix, should the tank be hit it will burst into flames...see engine fire)
5 - tank explosion (crew gets to roll field medicine tests to escape, otherwise they suffer from injury rolls)
6 - Catastrophic explosion (tank explodes everyone instantly dies)

Ammunitions:
1,2- nothing
3,4- Catastrophic tank fire (see engines under Catastrophic Engine Fire)
5-6- Cataclysmic Explosion (tank explodes everyone dies)

Injuries
Everytime somebody gets injured make an injury roll: 1d6
1 - uninjured
2 - lightly injured -1 to Skills
3 - heavily injured -2 to Skills
4 - Critical but stable (unconscious, skills drop to zero)
5 - Death's Door (unconscious, dies within the turn without medical help)
6 - instant death

for follow up rolls add the result of previous rolls up so if in an engine fire one rolls a 4 and then a 2 he moves up one stage to critical. 4 and 3 instant death, 4 and 1 no change.

Thats all i can think of for the moment...more will follow later and updates just have no time at the nonce.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question: What does damage actually do, besides deciding glancing, normal, or critical hits? What's the difference between 5 damage and 9 damage?
Sigtext!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Question: What does damage actually do, besides deciding glancing, normal, or critical hits? What's the difference between 5 damage and 9 damage?

It looks like that is all it does. That is how it works here, for the same reason there is no difference between rolling hit location and rolling this. Its not like rolling a 1 turret is different than rolling a 2 turret.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Newsticker: PATHOS vs. Mid-Atlantic: One-sided victory

Well one of the most surprising matches of the day was PATHOS versus the Mid-Atlantic School. It was a one sided-slaughter that ended in PATHOS victory.

All in all Pathos won with 3 Tank Kills and one Tank Damage, aswell as 4 Crew Kills and 2 Injuries versus Mid-Atlantic who barely inflicted a light wounding on the Pathos Team.

Mid-Atlantic recieves 1.000 Points for losing the Game
Mid-Atlantic recieves 5.000 Points end of the Season Bonus

All three Crewmembers of Red gain Field Medicine 1
Grey gets Gunnery 3

PATHOS recieves 5.000 Points for Winning the Game
PATHOS moves on into the next round

Janusz recieves Gunnery 4
Cheeky recieves Gunnery 4

Statistics

Mid-Atlantic
Lost the Match
Tank Kills: 0
Tanks Damaged: 0
Crew Killed: 0
Crew Injured: 1
MVP: StuG III "Green" - 1 Crew Injury

PATHOS
Won the Match
Tank Kills: 3
Tanks Damaged: 1
Crew Killed: 4
Crew Injured: 2
MVP: Crusader MK1 "Cheeky" - 1 Crew Kill, 2 Tank Kills/ StuG III "Janusz" - 1 TD, 1 TK, 3 CK

Mime vs. O'Haley - Slugging Match of the Day
[/size]

While Pathos-MA turned into a one-sided massacre, the MIME-O'Haley match was battle of endurance. Both teams were slugging it out over several hours with no clear victor in sight. In the end O'Haley won, simply by virtue of being more tenacious. Extra Points go to the Moscow Institute for deploying their Crowd Favorite the Heavy T-35 Stalingrad.

Moscow Institute of Mechanical Engineering recieves 1.000 Points for losing the match
Moscow Institute of Mechanical Engineering recieves 5.000 Points End of the Season Bonus.
[2] Moscow recieves 200 Extra Points for deploying Stalingrad.

Kursks Gunner recieves  Gunnery 7, Field Medicine 2, Survivor
The Sevastapol Crew all gain Field Medicine 1

O'Haley Girl's School recieves 5.000 Points for Winning the Match
O'Haley Girl's School moves into the next Round.

Zeus Captain Recieves Gunnery 1, Survivor
Artemis Gunner Recieves Gunnery 3
Ares Driver Recieves Driving 7, Survivor
Artemis Captain and Driver both recieve Gunnery 1
Artemis Crew recieves Field Medicine 1
Hades Gunner recieves Gunnery 3
Hades recieves Fireproof
Hermes Gunner recieves Gunnery 3

Statistics

MIME
Lost the Match
Tanks Damaged: 5
Crew Killed: 4
Crew Injured: 2
MVP: "Kursk" T34/75 - 4 TD

O'Haley
Won the Match
Tanks Damaged: 4
Crew Killed: 2
Crew Injured: 4
MVP: SU 85-Ares - unknown

To all players please wait with spending your stuff we will do that at the end of this entire round all together in one fell swoop
Next up: Kyokos Military Academy for Girls versus John and Nick Academy.
please tell me whether you would like to use IRC or the forums.
updates of the OP will follow soon.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45