Poll

anzer 38(t) keep artillery or not?

Yes keep it
- 5 (41.7%)
No its ahistorical please remove it.
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 1 FINALS: SYDNEY VS. KYOKO (still accepting moar people)  (Read 45037 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Due to lack of information, many aspects of tanks such as armor values, top speed and weight are made up by Wargaming. Hull itself is based on rough sketch, meaning it also most likely has historical inaccuracies. In-game description is also inaccurate, as Type 4/5 was its own design, not modification of O-I.
God damnit....
Don't base your knowledge off Wargaming games, they literally make vehicles appear out of thin air if they need one. Their portrayal of tank (or basically any warfare you will find in their games, though I must admit that WoWS is pretty fun) warfare is pretty shit too. Gajiin at least sticks to realism slightly more, though they also tend to base their vehicles off worrying amounts of "Secret documents".
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

So... are you two gonna make a character sheet? It looks like you are sticking around, and I'm gonna need to know your tanks if I am going to plan ahead four our potential fights.

Yeah, I don't think that would exactly be acceptable to be put into the game.

That being siad I can't wait to see if I can't swipe a Tiger II for the next season. So much awesome and it can be made even better too!

I'm personally hoping for Fireflies, because you can't get glass cannony enough :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Ples gib polantank
kthxbye

On a more serious note, I really like the system, although I think the Soviet vehicles should be a bit cheaper, because they are worse than German ones and the Soviets did use numbers to win battles.

And the StuG is so freaking overpowered.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

So... are you two gonna make a character sheet? It looks like you are sticking around, and I'm gonna need to know your tanks if I am going to plan ahead four our potential fights.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Could we please not try to shove 40K into everything?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Roll me some playas pls.

Ples gib polantank
kthxbye
I'd rather see TKS due to ridiculously small size with ridiculously good penetration for what is basically an big machine gun.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doubly so here since a hit from an 88mm would cause it to cease to be :P

As for the stug, I think the pen values might actually be a bit on the high side for it's basic rounds and the PzIV on the low side of things.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

First they would have to hit it. The thing is pretty damn fast (well, the top speed is not so amazing but the acceleration and maneuverability is ridiculous) and tiny. Like, it's barely bigger than a man.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Uh Polish Tank, i didn't know the Polish had them. If you have more like these please links :D I will introduce them either in season two or towards the finals of season 1

Fake-Edit: looked up TKS...its definetly in soooooo much

In case people are wonderin for updates i have no time recently ( a  mix of turn papers and a rediscovered love for dwarf fortress) updates will happen in the next three to four days, so please be patient you all get yer turns at dying.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was directed at Stirk, though the TKS only has a speed of 60km/s :P

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Ples gib polantank
kthxbye

On a more serious note, I really like the system, although I think the Soviet vehicles should be a bit cheaper, because they are worse than German ones and the Soviets did use numbers to win battles.

And the StuG is so freaking overpowered.

He didn't choose the StuG life, the StuG life chose him.

As for the stug, I think the pen values might actually be a bit on the high side for it's basic rounds and the PzIV on the low side of things.

Ha, like I'd let you hit me. I just have to double my Sherman amount with this season's Champion winnings, add in a few fireflies, and explode everything before it becomes a threat with sheer numbers!

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Uh Polish Tank, i didn't know the Polish had them. If you have more like these please links :D I will introduce them either in season two or towards the finals of season 1
First and most importantly, the 7TP. Rough equivalent of 38(t), and no, it doesn't have indirect fire option. :P
TKS, most glorious little piece of Polish technology ever devised. During September campaign the version with 20mm gun was proably the most succesful tank of Polish army. It could kock out any German tank at the time from front, except Panzer IV but that one was used in limited amount anyway.
There was also 9TP which was basically uparmoured 7TP[/url], 10TP and 14TP which were similar to Soviet BTs.
Also 20/25TP which was a bunch of different prototypes for heavy Polish tank but sadly those are basically paper tanks. Quite similar to Soviet T-28s though. :/

That was directed at Stirk, though the TKS only has a speed of 60km/s :P
Acceleration is the key.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

The TKS is also a very small target compared to most tanks (which is both a help and a hindrance), not to mention its small aft-to-bow length and the fact that it can completely stop one tread when turning (unlike some tanks which due to weird brakes could only slow one tread) means it has a great turning radius.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

In other words,its going to do the job of annoying the hell out of the enemy better then i can,i am sad,also can someone clarify what the driving skill does? I would assume it makes you harder to hit.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I think it's for driving maneuvers that are not "drive this way", such as backing up, going through difficult terrain (say, crossing a river without the bridge), etc..
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Yeah, it's ridiculously annoying target. I have kind of love-hate relationship with them ever since they started appearing in Men Of War mods. They simply murder shit (if you use them properly that is) in early war games, since they are small targets that are easy to hide and easy to relocate so they make great ambush weapons and they have a gun which usually knocks out a tank with five bullets they have in magazine... and if you get a mod that actually gives them HEF ammunition, the enemy infantry simply ceases to exist.
They are also great at assaults actually, if your enemy doesn't have fast firing AT weapons, which are often overlooked by most players.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty much it effects every aspect of manoeuvre a tank can do. A tank with a good driver is going to be more likely to be able to flank, and more successful in performing it. Not to mention likely better at dodging as well.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45