Poll

anzer 38(t) keep artillery or not?

Yes keep it
- 5 (41.7%)
No its ahistorical please remove it.
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 1 FINALS: SYDNEY VS. KYOKO (still accepting moar people)  (Read 45042 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

The animosity was not towards you but rather towards Kot who came over as standoff-ish. That being said the 38(t) problem has been answered further up, it was a mistake during tank stat creation two years ago, thats why it has artillery.
I personally don't mind it there and most people don't seem to either, i'll wait a while longer and see what people want to do with this.
If people want to change the 38 Kashyyk gets to repick that tank. and replace it with something else of his choice. In his case i would wait a wee bit longer though since Season 2 will introduce new Tanks.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Eh, I only got stand-offish after the "won't change the stats of any of the tanks" stuff. Also waiting for Season 2 and then retconning the 38(t) magical capabilities might be the best way.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

So,who is fighting in the next mach.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

So,who is fighting in the next mach.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how your "Tank Spam!" tactics work out against any of the other teams. Mostly because they are kinda similar to my Sherman Spam, with less armor/firepower but less likely to get set on fire. If you end up with a poor showing, it doesn't bode well for me. Especially after the two Stug/Crusader team had a good round.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Or, it might be great, going off the performance of my Sherman.

EDIT: Wait, looked at the actual tanks. piratejoe is going to be completely rekt due to their tanks not being able to take a hit from any direction and barely being able to pierce any half-decent armor.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:07:00 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In any case, it will be interesting to see how your "Tank Spam!" tactics work out against any of the other teams.
Honestly it wouldn't be tank spam if there was more Japanese tanks,im not mixing and maxing like other people because that would be dishonorable to use another tank when japan clearly has some.
EDIT: Wait, looked at the actual tanks. piratejoe is going to be completely rekt due to their tanks not being able to take a hit from any direction and barely being able to pierce any half-decent armor.
Ye of little faith.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:11:20 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Too bad the available Japanese tanks are all light or lighter medium, then. A single Panzer or Su85 or the like, maybe two, could probably take your entire team.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im not going to get completely wrecked im telling you that much,after all 8 shots hitting a tank has to hurt even if they barely penetrate,chances are i would kill the crew.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Barely? I hope you have good drivers because if you're caught in the open with those tanks you're done for.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Or, it might be great, going off the performance of my Sherman.

I am speaking more in general :P. For example, Ostwind has 4 tanks while Kyoko has 8. So if Kyoko gets owned handily, it might be a bad sign for me who has 6. Your Sherman mostly survived because you where lucky, I can't rely on all my Shermans acting the same way  :-\.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how your "Tank Spam!" tactics work out against any of the other teams.
Honestly it wouldn't be tank spam if there was more Japanese tanks,im not mixing and maxing like other people because that would be dishonorable to use another tank when japan clearly has some.

Not a great idea, Japanese tanks where mostly used in the China campaign. The Pacific front wasn't as tank filled as Europe, so they neglected development compared to most other nations. Most of their late-war tanks didn't even see combat, being held back on the island to hold of any invasion that made it there, rather than the improved vehicles the other nations had by the end of the war. Even if we end up using experimental designs, there isn't a lot of competitive tanks you could field  :-\.

Too bad the available Japanese tanks are all light or lighter medium, then. A single Panzer or Su85 or the like, maybe two, could probably take your entire team.

Well the first game had a squad of lighter tanks against heavier ones, and they where able to out maneuver and take down their opponents. This included a Panzer IV :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure you were watching any games. Barring quirks of the target, any shot that does four or less damage glances and does nothing. Damage is 1d6+Penetration, and penetration can be negative if you have less armor piercing. Even at zero penetration that's a 2/3 chance of doing nothing, and at -2 Penetration you'd do nothing.

Looking at the stats, your standard tanks (the Ha-Go) could literally not hurt a Stug or Panzer IV. from the front, only the back or the side. A T-34, only with a lucky shot on the back.

Well the first game had a squad of lighter tanks against heavier ones, and they where able to out maneuver and take down their opponents. This included a Panzer IV :P.
True. But in this case they literally couldn't hurt a Valentine Mk. VII from any side because of it's armor compared to their penetration. If they faced even one it'd be game over.
Sigtext!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Japanese tanks where mostly used in the China campaign. The Pacific front wasn't as tank filled as Europe, so they neglected development compared to most other nations. Most of their late-war tanks didn't even see combat
The maus was never actually in combat but its still a tank you would be able to buy latter on,also,i want OI and eventually that wonderful Type 5 Japanese tank with its glorious,250 mm of frontal armor hehehehe.
Looking at the stats, your standard tanks (the Ha-Go) could literally not hurt a Stug or Panzer IV. from the front, only the back or the side. A T-34, only with a lucky shot on the back.

True. But in this case they literally couldn't hurt a Valentine Mk. VII from any side because of it's armor compared to their penetration. If they faced even one it'd be game over.
You forget the thin armor on the tops and bottoms of tanks.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:28:58 pm by piratejoe »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which type 5 tank? There's three of them :P

And most of my tanks had decent armour, with the only one that didn't becoming a flaming wreck.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which type 5 tank? There's three of them :P

And most of my tanks had decent armour, with the only one that didn't becoming a flaming wreck.
The Type 5 heavy,a improved design of the Type 4 heavy,never got past the blueprint stage.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay I'm gonna ask where you're getting this info, because I can't find a trace of it on wikipedia :v
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45