Poll

anzer 38(t) keep artillery or not?

Yes keep it
- 5 (41.7%)
No its ahistorical please remove it.
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 1 FINALS: SYDNEY VS. KYOKO (still accepting moar people)  (Read 45011 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Given how easily they blow up, they need something to be useful :P
Given that we use historical vehicles they should be balanced with cost instead of changing what they actually were.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

i actually don't remember since when i drew up the stats of most of these tanks was two years ago but i remember reading that the 38(t) had indirect fire capabilities...in any case i won't change the stats of any of the tanks.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

I am 99,9% sure that 38(t) doesn't have any meaningful indirect fire capabilities, besides those of any tank.
in any case i won't change the stats of any of the tanks.
Lame.
German bias confirmed.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah yes found it, due to me starting writing down tanks with the german ones i presume that back then the 4th listing was not indirect fire but simply even further range. thats where that artillery firing comes from.

Anyway if people want me to change it i will change it otherwise the 38 will stay as it is.
And quite honestly i don't care if you think im biased towards german tanks.

In fact if you are unhappy with the technical data and accuracy in regards to real world statistics why don't you set up such a game? I'd be more than interested in joining, since i certainly want to play this myself.

Anyway putting up a vote if somebody wants to change the 38(t)s ahistorical artillery capability...not that its super effective or anything.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

As nobody is currently using it, it won't mess up any builds, so I vote to change it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

And quite honestly i don't care if you think im biased towards german tanks.
Saying German bias (or more commonly Soviet bias but any bias will do) is kinda of a joke when it comes to WW2 "simulator" games like WoT or War Thunder or whatever. I wasn't serious, especially considering that nationality doesn't really mean a lot in this game. :S
In fact if you are unhappy with the technical data and accuracy in regards to real world statistics why don't you set up such a game? I'd be more than interested in joining, since i certainly want to play this myself.
Do something myself? Are you crazy?!?

Instead of indirect fire 38 just add indirect fire Su-76 or something. Maybe some Italian Semoventes or clarify the StuG to be the latter version (which it is, considering the long 75mm) and add earlier version. Or earlier version Panzer IV. Or Panzer III N.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

I find it silly that we are arguing about this and just want to get to the next round :-0.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Ghaz if you're okay with me borrowing this system, since the actual tank combat you've set up here seems very robust, then I would love to make my own game based on this, with a different focus.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Seeing as I do use the 38, I'd like to keep it with the rules I bought it with.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

completely fine with it Gunin

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Speaking of the system, could we actually get a description of it somewhere in the thread? We only get a vague idea during gameplay, and when not in gameplay all we can figure out is more armor = good.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Here's a good idea,LETS GET ON WITH IT! I want to destroy tanks and feast on the tears of my enemy's.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

It's just a game people. Man up, move on.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Keep it. Who cares if it's ahistorical, it's balanced.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I just think it's a little contradictory that I'm being shown animosity for pointing out things I think are mistakes when Ghaz said this in the OP.

If you find wrong data, feel free to tell me and give me sources/info for improvements, i try to stay close to what i have, but some of the info is added based on similiar models or what would (propably) make sense.

I'm just saying that there are a lot of contradictions. The 37mm on the 38(t) can be used for indirect fire. Why? If the 38(t) can perform indirect fire then why can't the Sherman? The Sherman has a bigger gun and a +25 degree elevation traverse. The 38(t) only has +20 degrees of gun elevation. If you're not going to be historical, which is fine, is it alright to at least ask for consistency?

Seeing as I do use the 38, I'd like to keep it with the rules I bought it with.
My suggestion would be to let you keep the special one, call it a variant, then fix the actual tank for future buys.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 12:50:57 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45