Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What would you put in here?  (Read 3996 times)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What would you put in here?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 10:02:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by THLawrence:
<STRONG>Yes, you have very little to work with however if you edit the raws you can get anything that you want. Editing the raws isn't all that bad in this situation since all that happened was you just lost trade. As well the fort isn't supposed to look great it is supposed to be the feat of building a massive pyramid that is supposed to be incredible. Copperblazes used a few cheats to compensate for bugs, why can't you?

This will give you an anvil, I think.
[PRODUCT:100:1:ANVIL:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL]

Edit the addy reaction and remove any reagent and fuel.</STRONG>

That should work, but there's one other thing you need to know: You can't add new reactions to an existing world, only modify existing ones - but you can change existing ones around as much as you want.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 12:26:00 am »

Since you have some orthoclase and microcline, some sort of floor pattern with them would be neat. Just don't ask me to design it!  ;)
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 12:58:00 am »

just make it totally solid, 100% rock blocks inside and out.

take THAT adventurers who want to loot your stuff!

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

fleacircus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 04:31:00 am »

Switch-and-floodgate mazes?

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 07:36:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by AlienChickenPie:
<STRONG>Traps. Make the player avoid lots of different traps in order to get through the pyramid safely. Also, a self-destruct feature that the adventurer can trigger and then run for his life would be nice.</STRONG>

And let's not forget the giant boulder rolling at you when you finally take the big treasure.

Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2007, 09:02:00 am »

Apologies, I thought I saw no water the first time I looked but I couldn't find it when I looked again... nevermind, anyway.

One thing that would be quite cool is if you ramped all the way up around all sides so you can climb to the top - maybe with a small section at the very top that you can only access from inside?

I'd also like to see some large statues made of blocks flanking the entrance.

You need to have a maze or two in there, preferably using levered doors and bridges to force an adventurer to find the right switches to get through. I think some traps that drop the adventurer down a floor into a maze could also be interesting.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 01:57:00 pm »

I like the idea of switch-flipping mazes.  I don't want to do anything that requires the player to enable traps in the init file - I hate dealing with that stuff.  But at least a few floors can be mazes, I think.  I also plan to make it a challenge to get into the pyramid to begin with.  There will be no obvious entrance, just like the pyramids in Egypt; the player will have to find the secret underground tunnel.  And yes, it is in a yellow sand desert.

I also like the mosaic idea.  I have a few different colors to work with and I can put those to good use.  I have plenty of trees, so smelting bars of metal is possible.  I'm thinking a few floors can also be just big glorious halls full of statues and engravings.  Anyone who is talented at interior decorating, feel free to make me up some floor plans!  I'm terrible at it.

I dug down deeper and found some flint and more microcline.  I can keep digging for other metals later, I suppose.

Question: do belongings still scatter when you abandon now?  It would be nice to be able to keep everything inside the pyramid instead of having it go all over the place...  Once I'm done building I'm going to turn all of my remaining stone into crafts and instruments and toys and whatnot.

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 08:40:00 pm »

Make sure at the bottom of the pyramid to have it to descend into a crypt with sarcophagi of famous dwarves.
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 08:46:00 pm »

Actually, the tombs will be in the upper levels, but don't worry, they'll be there.

Mzbundifund

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't play adventurer mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2007, 08:53:00 pm »

You need a lever that opens a retractable bridge somewhere in the top of the pyramid, letting down a shaft of light to illuminate... something.  Treasure?  Monsters?  Tombs?  Whatever you have.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »

How far can an adventurer see in the light and in the dark. Have a treasure on the other side of a pit so that you can only see it when standing in the light but not when standing in the darkness. Then you can taunt the adventurer to go deeper into the pyramid. Also have a network of tunnels below the pyramid to make the area of exploration larger.

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2007, 03:43:00 am »

Maze

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2007, 06:48:00 am »

maze
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Frogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 08:19:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Mzbundifund:
<STRONG>You need a lever that opens a retractable bridge somewhere in the top of the pyramid, letting down a shaft of light to illuminate... something.  Treasure?  Monsters?  Tombs?  Whatever you have.</STRONG>

This must be done it is awesome

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 11:28:00 am »

what would i put in?

uhhhh, i would put loads of bones and morbid things in there.

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic
Pages: 1 [2] 3