Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bsnott's Adventures in 0.42.06  (Read 774 times)

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Bsnott's Adventures in 0.42.06
« on: March 13, 2016, 04:25:41 pm »

Attempt 1:
Create human fighter. Upon startup, adventurer is told that the hamlet of Hailsearch is being harassed by a group of criminals. I go out to where the criminals are, forgetting to grab armor or followers. Upon arrival, the goblins are just kinda hanging around, talking. As I approach, I notice that a few of them draw weapons as they notice me. Some begin walking towards me. The one in front, a quite fat one, asks "What's the weapon for, human?"

"What's your presence here for, goblin?" I reply.

"I don't think that's any of your business." he shoots back, and draws his blade, which I notice is stained with blood.

"The mayor told me you guys were here to cause trouble." I say. The fat goblin looks at me and smirks. He looks back to his men, and laughs.

"Get him!"

Before he can react, I have lopped off the foot of the fat goblin, and he falls to the ground screaming. That is only for a short time though, before his head comes off in similar fashion. I parry the following attack, from one of the goblin's companions, and slice into that goblin's shoulder, causing him to reel back. Another goblin attacks me and a stab him in the stomach. I step back a ways, and the goblins stay put. One of them turns and runs, and the rest of them follow suit.

I chase them a ways, and notice that there is a larger group up ahead. As they come to a hill, they pass through a line of elves, bows drawn. I raise my hands to surrender before I'm lit up like a disco ball.

Attempt 2:
I start at a cave outpost. After talking to all of the people there (a whole three of them, plus a falcon man captain named Morose) I decided to take off to the East, as I realized that this area has nothing for me. I notice small groups wandering around the wilderness as I travel, and I wonder what they are. I also wonder what the group I had been a part of was, and why they had decided to settle inside of a cave.

As I cross a river, I narrowly notice that it is occupied by a group of alligators. I take a moment to appreciate the fact that I almost died by attempting to swim right by them, have some food and drink, and cross the river a little further south.

By the time night falls, I'm quite drowsy. As I settle in to camp for the night, I notice something sprinting at me out of the corner of my eye. A giant dingo is attacking me. The first strikes go to me as I immobilize the beast, and then I put it out of it's misery as it passes into unconsciousness. With a nice meal now secure, I start up a campfire and doze off for a few hours, then wait the rest. Don't want to sleep too much, let I get killed in my sleep.

I continue moving as soon as the sun rises. I spend the rest of the day on my way to the nearest forest retreat, and die to crocodiles in a river not far from my destination.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:20:55 pm by bsnott »
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Adventures in Roth Dakon
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 04:01:05 am »

Roth Dakon is the name of your world right? That's  a pretty sweet name.

Screenshots make everything better though my friend.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 04:14:22 am »

PTW.  What weapon are you using?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 07:12:25 am »

Diplomacy
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation