Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do you become a Thrall?  (Read 2348 times)

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do you become a Thrall?
« on: March 12, 2016, 09:44:04 pm »

Made a Necromancer. I want to turn her into a thrall so she can be a kind of 'lich queen' to act as the antagonist to my next adventurer.

So, how exactly do I turn her into one? I went into a terrifying biome but there's zero evil weather. I can't even find any evil plants besides those purple trees. In fact, there aren't even any evil creatures. All I can find are perfectly living giant dingoes and the occasional giant raven. Do I just wait a couple days until it possibly rains, and hope the rain is a thrallification rain?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: How do you become a Thrall?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 09:49:21 pm »

I don't believe "thrall rain" is a thing . However thralling mist is a thing you will run across it Wofting  through the evil biomes in clouds. Not all evil biomes have that though, in fact most don't.

If the one you are in currently doesn't then you will have to go to another evil biomes and hope it has it. It is very possible to get a world without it at all. And it won't be named easily so the only way to know is to walk into it.. It will either thrall you or do some other horrible things to you.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:52:41 pm »

I don't believe "thrall rain" is a thing . However thralling mist is a thing you will run across it Wofting  through the evil biomes in clouds. Not all evil biomes have that though, in fact most don't.

If the one you are in currently doesn't then you will have to go to another evil biomes and hope it has it. It is very possible to get a world without it at all. And it won't be named easily so the only way to know is to walk into it.. It will either thrall you or do some other horrible things to you.
Shucks. There's another evil biome in my world, but it's across an entire valley of mountains. Time to start climbing.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 11:02:23 pm »

You usually find the thralling stuff as dust or fog or mist on the ground and occasionally in cloud form.

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 12:11:58 am »

On your travel map, turn on the clouds option. IIRC the ones in the evil biomes might be dust clouds or just evil rain.
It's possible that the cloud may have other effects than the one you expect, I recommend saving before entering a cloud so you can revert to it incase you return without skin or not at all.
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 01:44:30 am »

On your travel map, turn on the clouds option. IIRC the ones in the evil biomes might be dust clouds or just evil rain.
It's possible that the cloud may have other effects than the one you expect, I recommend saving before entering a cloud so you can revert to it incase you return without skin or not at all.
But losing is fun.... just create another adventurer and make a figurine of your old adventurer being emaciated. then remember to not do it again. :P Maybe make a few gold coins off of it.

Each dead adventurer makes the world more interesting as does each dead fort, and each dead npc, and each book, and each figurine etc.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:47:49 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

SwedishLemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 02:34:53 pm »

But no skin is actually what I'm going for. Something like no nervous system + thrallification, or no skin + thrallification. Something to add some character to my lich woman, so she's not just a boring fleshy immortal.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 04:02:06 pm »

Evil weather has so many random varieties that you could only find it by accident or by sifting through data with gm-editor. I wish there were some in-game or historical clues as to what particular type would be where.

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 07:36:32 pm »

But no skin is actually what I'm going for. Something like no nervous system + thrallification, or no skin + thrallification. Something to add some character to my lich woman, so she's not just a boring fleshy immortal.

Once you become a thrall you can always remove your flesh with fire.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 08:47:17 pm »

That's using your brain... your... crunchy... coppery... delicious... braaaaiiiinnnnnnn-