Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69392 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #915 on: July 14, 2016, 09:59:30 pm »

Bother.  Keep trying?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 14, 2016, 10:06:42 pm »

Noir gasps slumped over  a bit of drool seeping from her face her eyes wide and shaky her hands going on the beings head gently trying to stroke it taking them off whenever the ice starts to creep.

D-Dar...I feel so weak...I-I don't know what...t-to do."
((So Aylia is still alive but she's some kind of strange chimera in this form and noir is exhausted as hell right now but her roll was successful and thus kept Aylia alive?))
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:10:04 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 14, 2016, 10:28:27 pm »

((note @ bent the wrong way: cat spinal cords are highly flexible.))
Wake Up
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 14, 2016, 11:33:59 pm »

Dar'yajira rushes over to the frozen body, quickly sniffing at it.  "Shifter?  Shifter, speak!  No, no, do not!  Can Halfdragon..." He turns to look at Noir, eyes wide with terror, and only then seems to notice her state "Halfdragon?".

The small cat pauses there for several seconds, visibly shaking.  He shakes his head slightly, trying to calm himself down somewhat, and then resumes speaking "Halfdragon, return to mushrooms!  Go inside, is safety and healing!  Cat will try save Shifter!"

WELP.  I dunno what happened with Dar's Dex/Str buff he cast awhile ago, but now he's just gonna try to dump as much into strength as possible.  Possibly to the point of overstressing himself.  He's gonna try to drag Aylia back to the mushroom circle, and won't be stopping even if her cold starts freezing him or something.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 14, 2016, 11:41:12 pm »

"D-Dar I'm g-gonna try and slow her bleeding okay? I won't use my powers i-I just need  to slow the bleeding as much as I can or Like try and fix... Something..."
Try and perform some kind of first aid or at the very least slow bleeding and make things easier for Aylia..
Noir talks into the commstone.
"A-Aylia needs help requesting assistance...."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 14, 2016, 11:49:12 pm »

((um, syv, instead of moving the person with internal injuries by dragging them over broken ground, can you just buff her constitution to help her wake up? Aylia can shrink...))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 15, 2016, 01:26:50 am »

"And the crowd goes wild!"

Continue providing my best and most amusing guesses as to what's happening over on the battlefield.

Also, any of these guys know how to get out of here after the fun's died down? It's probably a good time to start thinking about an afterparty.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 15, 2016, 06:27:36 am »

If they were guests they would understand, Ebony reasoned to herself through the fear. These must be something else. And she wasn't using the big no-no that was fire, it was ice. It'd be fine, and she'd have a reasonable explanation.

Freeze spell. Continue backing away if possible.

((Ebony might be a logical person but... PTSD is a serious thing. If people have other suggestions I could likely come up with reasons for her to not do this.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 15, 2016, 06:38:55 am »

((Lenglon thinks its the right call and emcourages your choice))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 15, 2016, 08:27:40 am »

Bother.  Keep trying?
Sure, why not? (1) oh. (1) oh. (5) whew. You try again, and again are swept immediately off course, only this time, you are tossed like a video game controller when, after a series of improbable gymnastics puts you right next to the goal, only for you to fall off the side because of a level one monster bumping your knee, sending you straight to hell, or worse - the start of the level. You bounce and careen off of pretty much everything in the forest for a mile and a half before coming to rest in  mud covered by three inches of water and algae. disoriented, screen cracked, you lay in the mud, and your hat friend twists his little roots into the mud and into the cracks on your carapace. this action silences one or two warning icons. Well, of the four of you that have at some point managed to make it to the exit, none of you are now there.

(the rolls were weather, dodge, durability, for the curious)

((note @ bent the wrong way: cat spinal cords are highly flexible.))
Wake Up
You awaken and immediately howl in agony. Ice spikes out from you, forming a protective, and pointy barrier. You snarl and gnash, claws extended. your eye catches movement near your head and you snap at it instinctively. this movement sends agony through your wing, your back and side, your limbs, your head. it extends the spikes of ice another three inches as well.  ((I've taken that into account))

Dar'yajira rushes over to the frozen body, quickly sniffing at it.  "Shifter?  Shifter, speak!  No, no, do not!  Can Halfdragon..." He turns to look at Noir, eyes wide with terror, and only then seems to notice her state "Halfdragon?".

The small cat pauses there for several seconds, visibly shaking.  He shakes his head slightly, trying to calm himself down somewhat, and then resumes speaking "Halfdragon, return to mushrooms!  Go inside, is safety and healing!  Cat will try save Shifter!"

WELP.  I dunno what happened with Dar's Dex/Str buff he cast awhile ago, but now he's just gonna try to dump as much into strength as possible.  Possibly to the point of overstressing himself.  He's gonna try to drag Aylia back to the mushroom circle, and won't be stopping even if her cold starts freezing him or something.
They expired. a double buff is tiring, remember? You approach your massive, wounded companion and friend, only to leap up, back, and over almost instantly as she begins thrashing.  hackles raised , you watch her writhe in agony, howl, snap at nothing, and whimper. Gonna be a tricky patient. this happened before you cast your strength buff

"D-Dar I'm g-gonna try and slow her bleeding okay? I won't use my powers i-I just need  to slow the bleeding as much as I can or Like try and fix... Something..."
Try and perform some kind of first aid or at the very least slow bleeding and make things easier for Aylia..
Noir talks into the commstone.
"A-Aylia needs help requesting assistance...."
Good choice, as your healing magic is drained at the moment. Unfortunately ... Yo uare in very close when she starts thrashing, and are impaled by several of her ice spikes, as well as clobbered by her less damaged foreleg. you are thrown back into a bush, and lay broken as well, slowly bleeding out. You're durable, so, not dead, but you are hurting pretty badly, for sure.

I honestly did not expect this. Three of you are dying. I did not expect this at all. Well, the Eye isn't quite dying. But he's still in pretty bad shape.

If they were guests they would understand, Ebony reasoned to herself through the fear. These must be something else. And she wasn't using the big no-no that was fire, it was ice. It'd be fine, and she'd have a reasonable explanation.

Freeze spell. Continue backing away if possible.

((Ebony might be a logical person but... PTSD is a serious thing. If people have other suggestions I could likely come up with reasons for her to not do this.))
You raise your hands, and chant, making all the gestures, finishing with a strong downward sweep with both hands, at which point, the air around you grows noticeably colder. THe mudmounts stop instantly in their tracks and take on a glossy sheen. the water nearby hardens and crackles, bulging out at the edges where the ice expands. All the vegetation within twenty feet of the mudcreatures stands rigid, slightly sparkling in the light. You pat yourself down, checking for frostbite or clawmarks, or soil. Well, aside for mteh mud from when you fell, you seem fine. Guess that takes care of that.

"And the crowd goes wild!"

Continue providing my best and most amusing guesses as to what's happening over on the battlefield.

Also, any of these guys know how to get out of here after the fun's died down? It's probably a good time to start thinking about an afterparty.

A small, squeaky voice volunteers to take yo uto your starting place. "We remember the way quite well." they say from somewhere down and to your left.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 15, 2016, 10:25:29 am »

Owww! Motion = pain!
I stop moving.
What... Happened...
Everything is so small...
I... I was trying to find Fiddler and Ebony.
But the wind was... was insane.
I... I needed to land but I couldnt.
So... So I got big and made as controlled of a crash as I could.
I... hurt. A lot. At my head and back and everywhere.
I... I need help.
I need... to be helpable.
Im too big.
I... need to be small.
I try to shift into cat-form.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 15, 2016, 12:06:05 pm »

"Looks like they'll be sorting out their differences for some time yet, ladies and gentlefey! What say you we call a timeout and head further on? I'm sure we've all got other places to be."

Look at who's offering to take me. Would it happen to be Reggiefawn, or perhaps some other callback to a previous thing what I was present at?

Then see who else has had just about enough of the place. Maybe entice them with the promise of a sweet party back at Omega HQ or something similar. Or, failing that, see if anybody else would be willing to host the afterparty.

In any case, as long as whatever's offering to guide the way isn't overwhelmingly shady, follow it. Though make sure I am heading in the right direction nevertheless according to my own memories and such.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 15, 2016, 01:08:11 pm »

"A-Aylia w-why?"
Noir looks at her wound in pain tears starting to fill her eyes as she clutch's it.
"O-Oh..N-No..I-I D-Daddy..."
Try and get in touch with  the dark magic link see if I can somehow use that as a way to communicate him.Try and patch myself up as best I can without magic.If dad is willing  to heal me ask how and if it involves turning me into a abomination or similar ask him to have mother heal me.
((okay what parts of me are injured? depending  on the parts that will change a lot of things.))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:38:16 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 15, 2016, 01:08:25 pm »

>"Requesting assistance.  Requesting assistance.  Requesting assistance."

Try to coax plant-baby to just sort of shuffle us along the ground and back.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 15, 2016, 01:23:48 pm »

Noir raises the upon hearing the eye.
"P-Please shut up and get evacuation here immediately becuase me...and Aylia  are bleeding to death and have very little ways to fix ourselves so no one can really help y-you right now."
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 67