Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69507 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #870 on: July 05, 2016, 10:18:22 am »

>Report.  Report report report report.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 05, 2016, 01:24:51 pm »

Try and find the others mainly Aylia or dar turn off the black magic of course.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:43:49 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 05, 2016, 02:07:19 pm »

Speak softly and gently, calm him down, find out whats going on.
"You're okay now. Everything will be all right. Can you tell me what happened?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 07, 2016, 04:54:09 am »

"Excellent! The carnage never stops around here, it seems."

Observe which direction these warring elites might be going, and try to figure out a good hill or a particularly tall tree to observe their business from a respectable distance away. Then guide the revelers to the potential show of their lives atop it, breaking out the old "come and see!" routine.
They are orienting eastward. many of them are remaining in the clearing, though some of them are moving outward in various directions. Some take flight on very large flying mounts which fly mostly north. You have a feeling that a "respectable distance" would be up on the ridge to the south west from which you guys came. it's also the highest vantage point from which to get a good look at what's going on. that would take an hour or two to get to, including crossing the river. Battle could well be still going on by hten. For now, you direct people westward along the river toward some lower hills nearby. the forest people are remarkably compliant about heading out, though disappointment and worry are evident in their bearing.

>Report.  Report report report report.
You report to Aylia, Dar, and Noir that >Things are happening. You alert Noir to Dar and Aylia's position.

Remain around Aylia, ready to defend her if the need arises.
mkay, battle stance activated.

Try and find the others mainly Aylia or dar turn off the black magic of course.
Lucky you, the Eye's super vague report gives you enough information to go on. You find them in the fens. Dar is crouched near Aylia, tail and ears twitching. he glances your way momentarily, and you see that his pupils are dilated. he seems alert and ready to hunt. Aylia is talking to a bag or something.

Speak softly and gently, calm him down, find out whats going on.
"You're okay now. Everything will be all right. Can you tell me what happened?"
"I ... it ... I was a sleep. And then I was in a sack and moving. I don't know what happened. Who are you? What are you going to do to me? I didn't do anything." the little being whimpers.

The urgency of the situation presents itself, as the sky lights up suddenly, the air tingles and crackles like dry paper, and several extremely loud reports echo across the fens. All the lesser npcs around cower in fear or jump in startlement, and begin moving westward, their coordinated movements becoming jerky and uncontrolled. Someone falls. Someone else shoulders past another. The little guy Aylia is talking to, crawls backward on hands and heels, eyes widely fixed on Aylia, as if she were the source of the sudden commotion.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 07, 2016, 05:01:58 am »

Noir looks at the small thing on the ground with curiosity in her eyes and her hand seems to reach for it before she shakes her head and turns to Aylia and In a hopeful and curious tone seemingly forgetting something.
"Aylia...what is that thing? It looks cool can I keep it? I'll take good care of it.I'll name it patches and let it rest in my hair and make sure to get  it food and make sure it's happy."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 07, 2016, 05:40:56 am »

"Listen, forest dwellers! The heavens begin their grand overture for the show to come!"

Lead these deluded fools Mosaically to the ridge to see the storm to come! It's gonna be great! And maybe horrible disaster will visit anybody doubting this true course just like it does in all those religious texts.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 07, 2016, 07:23:20 am »

"I'm not going to do anything to you. The person who put you in that bag is dead. You're free to go. Do you need help finding your way?"
Assuming he will say no:"Good. Stay safe. Omegas, we need to find out what the commotion is, and to stay out of the way. This is probably a big-leaguer problem and we can't afford to get caught in it. We need to watch for leaks and sneaky other minor players. Eye, report the commotion to HQ and get us information about whats happening, Ebony and Noir, Return to the wedding site and stand guard over the newlyweds, if a big leaguer tells you to leave, then return to me. Dar, I need you to find Fiddler and make sure hes okay. If he's helping organize the evacuation then leave him to it and come back."
After speaking, I'll shift into crow form and fly up to see the surrounding area.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:58:37 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 07, 2016, 04:50:45 pm »

Dar'yajira crushes himself to the ground upon hearing the loud noises.  "Shiffteeer..." he whines, looking around frantically.  Seeing that Aylia is busy, the feline quickly creeps over to Noir, pressing himself against her legs while still looking around with wide, frightened eyes.

Don't panic.  Keep watch for danger.  Protect Aylia and Noir if danger is spotted.

Edit: If the little critter says no to Aylia, causing her to tell Dar to go find Fiddler, Dar will rush off to do so.

((If I'm understanding Ozark correctly, these effects are a fair bit more intimidating and unnatural than your standard thunderstorm.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 07, 2016, 06:04:21 pm »

action heavilly edited.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 07, 2016, 08:22:21 pm »

"Listen, forest dwellers! The heavens begin their grand overture for the show to come!"

Lead these deluded fools Mosaically to the ridge to see the storm to come! It's gonna be great! And maybe horrible disaster will visit anybody doubting this true course just like it does in all those religious texts.
Everyone seems keen to get away from the site, but no one seems particularly keen to follow you to the ridge. The fools are scattering, though youretain a small band of partygoers as you head along the river.

"I'm not going to do anything to you. The person who put you in that bag is dead. You're free to go. Do you need help finding your way?"
Assuming he will say no:"Good. Stay safe. Omegas, we need to find out what the commotion is, and to stay out of the way. This is probably a big-leaguer problem and we can't afford to get caught in it. We need to watch for leaks and sneaky other minor players. Eye, report the commotion to HQ and get us information about whats happening, Ebony and Noir, Return to the wedding site and stand guard over the newlyweds, if a big leaguer tells you to leave, then return to me. Dar, I need you to find Fiddler and make sure hes okay. If he's helping organize the evacuation then leave him to it and come back."
After speaking, I'll shift into crow form and fly up to see the surrounding area.
>Evacuate. Don't get involved. We are marking a pick up site for you through the Eye unit. if you cannot return to the ring you arrived at, there is a fairy ring to the northwest a shorter distance. Good luck.

The little creature scampers off without a word, tail tucked between it's legs, before launching into the air and flying, remaining close to the ground and darting between the trees.
You take crow form and fly up above. to the east, the frost giants are making a commotion, blowing Freezing cold and swinging their giant clubs. Their backs are to you and the party site. the party site seems to be covered in a lavender haze - some kind of shielding, that takes a sudden hit as you watch - not lightning, but something strikes the lavender, turning it sickly green in patches. The flying cavalry is swooping around up in the storm clouds above, which weren't there most of the day. Hard to tell what is going on up there, but you see three burning things fall from the sky. A strange, piercing whistle rises, and other noises, equally confusing. the wind up here is picking up as well, making it more difficult to remain flying properly.

There are numerous flying creatures scattering to the different directions, away from the wedding site. looks like the party's over. But the fun is just beginning. For someone.

Dar'yajira crushes himself to the ground upon hearing the loud noises.  "Shiffteeer..." he whines, looking around frantically.  Seeing that Aylia is busy, the feline quickly creeps over to Noir, pressing himself against her legs while still looking around with wide, frightened eyes.

Don't panic.  Keep watch for danger.  Protect Aylia and Noir if danger is spotted.

Edit: If the little critter says no to Aylia, causing her to tell Dar to go find Fiddler, Dar will rush off to do so.

((If I'm understanding Ozark correctly, these effects are a fair bit more intimidating and unnatural than your standard thunderstorm.))
((indeed they are))An eerie calm descends over you. Fear settles into determination, and time oes that weird thing where it slows down and speeds up at the same time. You don't know where Fiddler is, but he was last seen at the wedding, so that's where you go. You arrive at the clearing to a rather anticlimactic scene. Several of the bigwigs are standing around talking, while a few others are either chanting or gesturing mildly. there is rather little chaos here, as most of the party has cleared out. Looks like much of it headed west.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 07, 2016, 09:38:51 pm »

Dar'yajira speaks over his commstone "Blue is no longer at wedding.  Few beings remain.  Can Eye guess where Blue may have gone?"

Quickly try and sniff out Fiddler's scent--it's probably hopeless, but might as well.  Assuming that doesn't work, start running West, following the tracks of the fleeing crowd, and look for Fiddler among them.

Scratch that, head back to regroup at the northwest fairy ring.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 08, 2016, 12:16:48 am »

I land, shift back to my native form, and through the commstone say:"Change of plans everyone, we are leaving. Eye, please show everyone the evac sites. We should regroup at the fairy ring to the northwest. If you can't make it there then proceed back to our initial entry point."
Go to the northwest fairy ring.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 08, 2016, 12:53:12 am »

Help with the evacuation.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 08, 2016, 06:10:56 am »

Lead on! The ridge awaits.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 67