Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69632 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #660 on: May 30, 2016, 05:26:34 am »

Relocate the jousting tourney to a location that's less likely to have glaciers sweeping over it any moment now. It's a mobile affair, is it not?

Be wary of lizard raptors, though. Consider the possibility of a big jolly collective hunt (also a venerable human tradition), overwhelming the predators by strength of numbers and such.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 30, 2016, 08:14:00 pm »

>Report this to the proper authorities.  The Frost Giants are not our job.  That's the event planner's job to have a plan for this.
(1) You fly off toward the forbidden zone screeching "winter is coming!" And then, some time later, you awaken several miles away, upside down. All the color in the world has gone. how odd.

To Dar: "No, they probably were invited guests same as the others. You need to find proof of them doing wrong before we do anything."

To the Eye: "That is our job actually. Fiddler, you're the event organizer for that, please clear a path for the giants."

locate our guide / contact and ask about the two large groups of plant-beings approaching this location.

also, having spent the entire evening acquiring a new form off Noir, I want to try it out back at the Omega camp after having gotten the info. So I'll head back there afterwards and give it a first run somewhere mostly out of sight.
"Ah, the migration is nearing completion. those are the entourage of the two to be wed. They should arrive at dawn tomorrow and the joining should be complete at dusk."
hmm. You attempt to shift to Noir's form, but the form keeps slipping away, like there is a block on it, or like you are not seeing it properly or something. You try several times, but make no progress.

Dar will be something calming, since he has no orders.
Rumbly purr mode activate!

((understood its much more I'm thinking in my characters mindset when I'm writing her actions and her thinking you seems slightly more aligned  with her thought's.))
Noir silently smiles at Dar'yajira her ears twitch and she  folds her wings around herself  and dar'yajira closing her eyes letting herself slip into the deep sleep of  darkness,light and dreams.
Sleep tight with Dar'yajira and dream
You sleep the early morning away, and awaken right when the trouble is happening, a little more rested and not obviously under the effect of the charm, but still quite voiceless and a little unsteady.

Relocate the jousting tourney to a location that's less likely to have glaciers sweeping over it any moment now. It's a mobile affair, is it not?

Be wary of lizard raptors, though. Consider the possibility of a big jolly collective hunt (also a venerable human tradition), overwhelming the predators by strength of numbers and such.

the tourney has gotten bigger than one person can handle, so how are you going to go about relocating it? As for the idea of a hunt, well, as you begin to suggest one, you are interrupted by some loud voices and an eerie silence. Yo make your way through the thickening crowd, which is backing away from a spot near one end of the tourney area. As you push through to the front, you spot humans in armor and carrying metal weapons. They look unified, and have dark smiles on their faces. "No Challengers?" the lead man shouts. "Is this a tournament, or a day care for children?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 30, 2016, 08:34:23 pm »

Welp, that's why I want to test forms in a low-stress environment.
I head over to where Noir is sleeping and see about correcting my acquisition of her form. I'll attempt it again with her right in front of me for reference, but afterwards - succeed or fail - I'm going to return to my birth form. I'm continuing to acquire off her and correct and update as necessary until I get this right.
after I'm done testing and I'm back in my normal form I'll wake her up by gently shaking her shoulder.
"Hey, wake up. We need to do a perimeter sweep, make sure the Lizard Raptors haven't gotten near the guests."
Will be going to check the perimeter, avoiding the restricted and forbidden areas of course.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 30, 2016, 08:52:42 pm »

Noir stirs gently rising attempting to not rouse or make dar uncomfortable as she looks at Aylia nodding her tail flicking with energy as she wakes up  a sluggishness but some energy in her step.
Follow  Aylia on the patrols think about whether my holy  powers could fix my voice.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 30, 2016, 09:00:10 pm »

>sys/diagnostic/diag.exe
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 31, 2016, 01:10:51 am »

"Ah, wondrous."

Fiddler steps forward.

"We've been expecting you. Right this way, gentlemen."

See if they're amenable to being engaged a little more privately..
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:19:57 am by Harry Baldman »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 31, 2016, 04:26:08 pm »

Welp, that's why I want to test forms in a low-stress environment.
I head over to where Noir is sleeping and see about correcting my acquisition of her form. I'll attempt it again with her right in front of me for reference, but afterwards - succeed or fail - I'm going to return to my birth form. I'm continuing to acquire off her and correct and update as necessary until I get this right.
after I'm done testing and I'm back in my normal form I'll wake her up by gently shaking her shoulder.
"Hey, wake up. We need to do a perimeter sweep, make sure the Lizard Raptors haven't gotten near the guests."
Will be going to check the perimeter, avoiding the restricted and forbidden areas of course.
You try again and still do not manage to assimilate Noir's form, her being a live model and all. Something ain't right. Maybe it's pixies. You've seen small clusters of them around after all.

You, Noir, and Dar go on a perimeter check. Everything looks in order. The lizard raptors are gathered around a carcass quite a distance away. Worth keeping an Eye on, but they look to be interested in something large that lives in the swamp out there. Probably a decent hunting ground in this season.

Noir stirs gently rising attempting to not rouse or make dar uncomfortable as she looks at Aylia nodding her tail flicking with energy as she wakes up  a sluggishness but some energy in her step.
Follow  Aylia on the patrols think about whether my holy  powers could fix my voice.
"Generosity of Spirit is the Key to holiness, my love. You must be giving and compassionate to fully use these powers. And they are much more effective when spending them freely for those in need, than when using them for selfish reasons." Those words, in your mother's voice, echo through your head as yo ucontemplate holy healing. Why is Mother's religion so popular? This doesn't make any sense.

Assist with the perimeter check.  For the next few days, Lenglon has control of Dar'yajira if I don't post.
Noted. And thanks for the heads up.

>sys/diagnostic/diag.exe
sysdiag turns up some strong but fading magical contamination, some sensory crashes, and a couple of navigational errors. You extend, graps, and retract your mechanical arms, and gently lift a small stone from the ground. Telekinesis appears to be functioning normally. There is a memory error - unrecoverable data - in association with the subroutines for carrying out the "report to proper authorities" directive.

"Ah, wondrous."

Fiddler steps forward.

"We've been expecting you. Right this way, gentlemen."

See if they're amenable to being engaged a little more privately..
The sight of you, alone, standing a dozen feet in front of the uncomfortable crowd, gives the men and women ahead pause. "well, well, well, what have we here?" The leader smirks. he gestures to one of his companions, a thin, dark-haired woman who has been fairly quiet during the taunting exchange so far, and steps forward. he waves the others back, and they settle into place again, lounging and chatting among themselves, while the two others come forward. "Here to give us sport, fella? You don't seem like much. What tricks have you up your sleeve?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 31, 2016, 05:06:33 pm »

>fixsys.exe

Eye at stuff that isn't the Forbidden Zone.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 01, 2016, 07:07:35 am »

Whilst we're away from the actual site, its inhabitants, and any disruptions they might have set up. With Noir in front of me for reference, try again.

Afterwards, head back and check up on the Eye.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 01, 2016, 07:29:51 am »

Fiddler becomes altogether grimmer at this response.

"Trick is to stop running yer cunt mouth and follow me over there," Fiddler points seriously to a spot slightly further away from the crowd, just out of earshot if one speaks softly enough.

Count the armored fellows. Count the crowd. Numbers? Sounds like there might be a dozen of one and a hundred or so of the other, right?

If attacked, see if I can't rally the crowd with a whistle and an appeal to the noble principle of the overwhelming by sheer numbers and the no doubt attractive sight of these fellow's entrails splayed all over the trees for the little birds' enjoyment. They're fighters all to some degree (no other way to be in the woods). Plus they've got ostriches for cavalry support.

If by some miracle this fellow sees reason, well, lead him (him specifically, mind you, maybe his ladyfriend as well) away from the others.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 01, 2016, 08:11:22 am »

Stay completely still for Aylia's attempt at referencing have some of my dark soul destroying magic in my left hand and the holy magic in my right maybe it will help somehow.
Then after that is done follow Aylia.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 01, 2016, 08:38:28 am »

Stay completely still for Aylia's attempt at referencing have some of my dark soul destroying magic in my left hand and the holy magic in my right maybe it will help somehow.

((Um, how do you know what I'm doing?))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 01, 2016, 08:54:22 am »

((She dosent exactly know what Aylia is doing.But she has noticed you looking at times and really honestly she's kinda showing off more then anything. Plus she knows your a shapeshifter however  she dosent really know how it works and she's kinda well assuming you failed to copy her. Because she didn't see you turn into her at any point and she assumes you'd do that to test the form so she's doing this because she thinks you failed to copy her.So she can showoff what her awesome magic looks like and  she saw you as that small thing you copied noticed there were more of that creature and assumed you have some way of copying a form though she dosent know how you do it exactly.))
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:56:52 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 01, 2016, 05:12:44 pm »

>fixsys.exe

Eye at stuff that isn't the Forbidden Zone.

You do a full system reboot, settling to the ground and shutting down. when you awaken the world is upright and full of color again, all systems green. Well, the world is upright for a moment. Then it is sideways, then uspide down, then sideways ... you are rolling. And the world is full of mostly shades of brown. You catch a glimpse of furry arms with long claws, and roots. The good news it this is almost definitely not the forbidden zone.

You summon your unholy energy in one hand and then your holy in the other. it's pretty awkward and very difficult to do - the unholy flickers and sputters and produces flame no bigger than that of a cigarette lighter, dancing at your fingertips, while the holy magic doesn't even visibly appear at all, though it is there.

Whilst we're away from the actual site, its inhabitants, and any disruptions they might have set up. With Noir in front of me for reference, try again.

Afterwards, head back and check up on the Eye.
She strikes a silly pose and makes little puffs of dark fire appear over one hand, mouth contorted sideways in concentration, eyes squinting. You mentally shrug and concentrate, but somehow, the form just will not coalesce within your magic. It's like chasing foxfire, upside down, underwater. You are not tired, distracted, or particularly stressed, and as far as you can tell, there is no magical interference out here at all. It seems that the problem may be either within yourself, or within her.

Fiddler becomes altogether grimmer at this response.

"Trick is to stop running yer cunt mouth and follow me over there," Fiddler points seriously to a spot slightly further away from the crowd, just out of earshot if one speaks softly enough.

Count the armored fellows. Count the crowd. Numbers? Sounds like there might be a dozen of one and a hundred or so of the other, right?

If attacked, see if I can't rally the crowd with a whistle and an appeal to the noble principle of the overwhelming by sheer numbers and the no doubt attractive sight of these fellow's entrails splayed all over the trees for the little birds' enjoyment. They're fighters all to some degree (no other way to be in the woods). Plus they've got ostriches for cavalry support.

If by some miracle this fellow sees reason, well, lead him (him specifically, mind you, maybe his ladyfriend as well) away from the others.

the fellow laughs abruptly at your words and tone, the smile even reaching his eyes. "Fire. This one has fire! Alright, fellow, I am certainly interested. You may call me Eleric." and with that, he and his friend follow you to your designated spot. As for numbers, there are nine armed and armored humans, and well over a hundred of the forest people. nd yet, the forest people, hardened though many of them are, seem reluctant to face the humans in combat.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 05:28:00 pm by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67