Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69624 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #645 on: May 29, 2016, 10:23:53 pm »

Dar'yajira goes to find Aylia, and informs her of the situation: "Shifter, vermin are among the guests.  Dar'yajira believes them to be disruptive.  Should this one remove them?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 29, 2016, 10:25:57 pm »

Noir is laying face down on the ground probably  in camp tail twitching trying to relax.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 29, 2016, 10:31:37 pm »

>Report this to the proper authorities.  The Frost Giants are not our job.  That's the event planner's job to have a plan for this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 29, 2016, 10:35:00 pm »

To Dar: "No, they probably were invited guests same as the others. You need to find proof of them doing wrong before we do anything."

To the Eye: "That is our job actually. Fiddler, you're the event organizer for that, please clear a path for the giants."

locate our guide / contact and ask about the two large groups of plant-beings approaching this location.

also, having spent the entire evening acquiring a new form off Noir, I want to try it out back at the Omega camp after having gotten the info. So I'll head back there afterwards and give it a first run somewhere mostly out of sight.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:37:56 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 29, 2016, 10:40:15 pm »

Noir Look s around camp for something calming.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 11:45:12 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 29, 2016, 10:55:43 pm »

Noir stares at dar unable to speak beyond a low grunt sitting next to them trying to put her  head on your shoulder.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 29, 2016, 11:03:02 pm »

Dar'yajira, being a cat and therefore not much larger than Noir's head, dodges it, inadvertently allowing her to drop her head onto the ground.  He warily sniffs at her nose, and says "Is Halfdragon injured?  It worries Dar'yajira."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 29, 2016, 11:07:05 pm »

She points at her throat and makes a small attempt at words that ends up sounding like a cough.She draws into the dirt
Charm magic backfired and I ended up yelling till my voice died sorry I'm still a little angry I was trying to calm myself down but it dident  work

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 29, 2016, 11:14:33 pm »

Dar'yajira sits and watches Noir draw, then carefully leans forward to inspect her message.  He sniffs at it, before sitting back again.  "This one... does not understand the written speech well.  Master taught it little.  Halfdragon cannot speak, yes?  Can it not heal itself?  Dar'yajira cannot cast healing magic, but Cat can soothe pain."

With that, the feline curls up next to Noir's neck, snugly underneath her chin, and begins to softly purr.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 29, 2016, 11:21:13 pm »

Noir's lips seem to wobble and you feel her tail the spikes retracted gently  pet you her arms circling around you gently  stroking the bottom of  your chin with her left hand.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 29, 2016, 11:32:33 pm »

((ATH, if it's not too much trouble, could you please not refer to Dar'yajira as "you"?  While I do often play "me" type characters, Dar'yajira is much more a character that I'm writing.  It... kinda weirds me out having him referred to as "you".))

The feline softly purrs in Noir's embrace, eventually falling asleep.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 29, 2016, 11:43:56 pm »

((understood its much more I'm thinking in my characters mindset when I'm writing her actions and her thinking you seems slightly more aligned  with her thought's.))
Noir silently smiles at Dar'yajira her ears twitch and she  folds her wings around herself  and dar'yajira closing her eyes letting herself slip into the deep sleep of  darkness,light and dreams.
Sleep tight with Dar'yajira and dream
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 11:45:39 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 30, 2016, 01:23:17 am »

((When you put "you" (outside of speech of course) you are defining what the other person/their character encounters. That's the role of the GM, not another player. I tend to get pretty deep into my character's mindset myself, but when that happens I find myself writing "I" instead of my character's name, and I still refer to other characters by their names or descriptions. You're putting down "Noir" for your own character and "You" for the other player's character, which means you're writing from the perspective of an outside observer or of the character that you're interacting with, not your own character, and you're dictating what the other player's character thinks, feels, etc, and are describing your characters actions as 'this is what happens', not allowing the other player to play their own character. that's not right.

It's the same problem that's happened several times now when you've been writing for Noir's tail being all grabby, and why we had to put down rather jarring "no you're wrong that is not what happened" statements that broke immersion upon reading them.

bad: You are grabbed by Noir and thrown off the cliff. (past tense, written from X's perspective)
good: Noir grabs X and throws them off the cliff. (present tense, written from 3rd person perspective)
good: I grab X and throw them off the cliff. (present tense, written from Noir's perspective)
bad: You are grabbed by me and thrown off the cliff. (past tense, written from X's perspective, despite the 'me' in there, because everything is what happens to X, not what Noir is doing to X.) ))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 30, 2016, 01:53:23 am »

((yeah I can certainly see that though it's not my intention generally maybe I see my character's from a thirdish person but am trying to write from a slight first person and I'm not putting enough attemptins in my actions if I had put attempts in the tail action it would have made a lot more sense.,))
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67