Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69544 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #585 on: May 23, 2016, 06:49:03 pm »

well, that's going to polarize things. Either they'll react how she wants or...
I silently return to my natural self, and assess the size of the groups, their armament, the nearby terrain, and so on, getting an idea of what would happen if a fight broke out in response to Noir's threat, and preparing myself mentally in case it happens.
Also, since Noir has decided to break out threats, I make sure my bow is in hand and my arrows available. And I'm not disguising what I'm doing either. might as well give Noir a bonus to her intimidation after all.

Still, Omega's role is that of a hammer. finesse isn't expected of us. this might be exactly what is needed to handle this.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 23, 2016, 07:30:02 pm »

Firstly, Dar's still hidden, right?  You said the one group is "concentrated around the two beings closest to the new girl", and I'm not sure if Dar's one of those beings.

Secondly, are these beings small enough that Dar could do real damage without magical enhancement?  If not, he casts a str buff on himself.

Finally, if Noir (or another ally) is directly attacked, Dar will spring into action and attempt to cripple one of the attacker's legs.  As always, he'll be using hit-and-run tactics, retreating immediately after every attack.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 24, 2016, 05:57:48 pm »

Aylia>Successfully dissuaded a group of halflings from entering the Forbidden Zone.  Query:Are merpeople forbidden from entering?

>Resume surveillance.

You bob around the clearing, ducking into the water to shout at the merpeople occasionally. You attract quite an audience. Some of them are even armed.

Noir's  tail flicks agitated and in a harsh and commanding tone merciless  and cruel leaving no doubt that she is serious.
"Stop fighting now it is my responsibility now to stop this kinda thing so everyone calm down!
Loud and clear tell them to stop fighting.
The group near you turns toward you, anger in their eyes. "oNe hops up and pokes you hard in the chest, then flit's back again. "Who are you, missy? to be telling us how to be?"

well, that's going to polarize things. Either they'll react how she wants or...
I silently return to my natural self, and assess the size of the groups, their armament, the nearby terrain, and so on, getting an idea of what would happen if a fight broke out in response to Noir's threat, and preparing myself mentally in case it happens.
Also, since Noir has decided to break out threats, I make sure my bow is in hand and my arrows available. And I'm not disguising what I'm doing either. might as well give Noir a bonus to her intimidation after all.

Still, Omega's role is that of a hammer. finesse isn't expected of us. this might be exactly what is needed to handle this.
You prepare for the worst, and indeed, the attention of about half the two groups is on Noir directly right now. There's about twenty beings in total. They are all smaller than you - about three feet or so, so you guys have size advantage while they have numbers. as for armament - they seem to be using natural weaponry - fists and claws. The terrain is boggy and contains willow trees and brush. Moving quickly will be a challenge, and if you fight near one of the trees, the tree climbers will have that as an advantage, but if you fight near the brush, the spiky guys will have that as an advantage. You begin to hope your other companions have some tricks up their sleeves.

Firstly, Dar's still hidden, right?  You said the one group is "concentrated around the two beings closest to the new girl", and I'm not sure if Dar's one of those beings.

Secondly, are these beings small enough that Dar could do real damage without magical enhancement?  If not, he casts a str buff on himself.

Finally, if Noir (or another ally) is directly attacked, Dar will spring into action and attempt to cripple one of the attacker's legs.  As always, he'll be using hit-and-run tactics, retreating immediately after every attack.
Dar is hidden, and the two beings I mentioned are the representatives of the two races, not Dar. you'd be a great distraction without the buf, but to really put anyone out of the fight long term, the strength buff will be used.Does Dar consider that poke to be an attack, or merely a threat?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 24, 2016, 06:00:56 pm »

Oh joy.

Aylia>There are armed units present of uncertain hostility.  Please advise.

Sysquery>Illusioncasting capabilities.

>Prepare to notify Aylia should the situation change.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:08:45 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 24, 2016, 06:09:16 pm »

Noir looks the being in the eye and with a smile and in a confident tone just oozing with superiority and arrogant her eyes almost shining with mirth ears twitching slightly looks kinda cute.
"I am noir dragonfang demigod and volunteer  of the omega  legion and were  here to make sure this  wedding goes well and no one fights so calm down now."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:43:27 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 25, 2016, 05:42:08 am »

"Gentlecreatures!" Fiddler steps forth. "I sense there are tensions running high among you. What say you about resolving your differences in the time-honored manner of the spirits - a game!"

Step forth toward the two feuding groups. Hopefully my smaller stature and unassuming manner lends itself well to being trusted as I propose an idea.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 25, 2016, 07:22:58 am »

I glance gratefully at Fiddler, and continue waiting.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 25, 2016, 08:17:44 am »

Aylia's commstone vibrates soundlessly.

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 25, 2016, 08:56:23 am »

Aylia's commstone vibrates soundlessly.

"Do you feel you are in danger or threatened?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 25, 2016, 08:57:13 am »

Aylia>There is a nonzero possibility that I am in danger.  The number of weapons in the immediate vicinity suggests a threat to something.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:59:27 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 25, 2016, 09:01:03 am »

"Yes or no."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 25, 2016, 09:02:46 am »

Aylia>Not immediately.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 25, 2016, 09:04:47 am »

"Notify me if the situation changes."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 25, 2016, 09:07:48 am »

Aylia>Orders received.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 67