Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69272 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #300 on: May 09, 2016, 11:14:12 pm »

>The possibility of localized magical camouflage disrupting particulate-based visibility efforts is not an impossibility.

>Nevertheless, assuming that the particulate can be distinguished from the biota, one could inspect via footprint.

((Aylia didn't say what she was doing. the italics is just what she's thinking. her speech is colored and quotation marked. - unless you're a mind reader, there is no context for the Eye to say that to her.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 10, 2016, 01:11:31 am »

((Aylia didn't say what she was doing. the italics is just what she's thinking. her speech is colored and quotation marked. - unless you're a mind reader, there is no context for the Eye to say that to her.))

((THE EYE SEES ALL))

Fiddle contently.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2016, 04:28:38 am »

>The possibility of localized magical camouflage disrupting particulate-based visibility efforts is not an impossibility.

>Nevertheless, assuming that the particulate can be distinguished from the biota, one could inspect via footprint.

((Actually, I was pretty much assuming that the Eye' s train of thought followed yours here, because it should have.  We don't have any of the fancy stuff.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2016, 02:47:20 pm »

How do you all feel about getting a new teammate? ATH has made a new character and wants into a mission, if possible. I can put the character over in the merc team instead though. Oh, and it won't be a part of Omega until it takes the oath (Eye will have the necessary items and Aylia will have the necessary authority).

((Assuming the Eye will be communicating the invisibility effect to me))
and less common countermeasures include rain, flour, dust, and any other effect that places large numbers of visible particles in the air, and monitoring the displacement of objects and particles in the area especially sand, dust, gravel, and grass.
And that's exactly what I'm going to use. I fly back up to perch in a tree near the clearing, and watch for displacements of dirt, grass, whatever. When I spot one, I keep track of it and go after the target location, and if I come up dry I make sure to maintain vision of the location in case the invisplantbaby tries to run, and make a second attempt at the same location before concluding that I didn't actually see anything after all. And if nothing else, time and the Eye are on my side. They can't avoid forever.

Also, I've been in close proxemity to these PlantCreatures for an extended period of time now, closely studying them and interacting with them whilst actively learning to shift into their form. I'm fairly certain that around now I should have acquired a new form as one of them, and would that happen to come with information about their abilities?
You manage to catch two like this after some trial and error. It takes a while, and the sun is getting low in the west.

More hunting, more catching.
You've pretty much exhausted the possibility of straight physical hunting on these guys. and are pretty tired from all that running.

((THE EYE SEES ALL))

Fiddle contently.
You note the change in the plantpeople's dance and song as the day progresses. the mood was one of frenetic activity and fussing, but has grown calmer, thogh with spurts of crankiness and the occasional outburst from plantmomma about her missing babies. She looks noticeably healthier and stronger than when you guys first saw her, but htere is still sap around her eyebugs and spots on her leaves. Sick with worry I guess. At least she seems to respond to your fiddling, as do the plantbabies, and you gather two more. You notice one of them eat a butterfly. Huh. Gues they aren't simple dirt eaters after all.

((Actually, I was pretty much assuming that the Eye' s train of thought followed yours here, because it should have.  We don't have any of the fancy stuff.))
Sure you do. Well, one of you does. this was a challenge for al the group, after all. The lady said so. (though the requirements would have changed had someone officially dropped out))

Just so we're clear, you have like an hour or so before sundown. You don't know if that affects the mission at all, but, you know, it's been a long day. Feels like months. As if the universe can't seem to get it's shit together and move the plot of life forward at a reasonable pace. Ah well, no rush, eh?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2016, 03:42:37 pm »

My question was not answered.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2016, 03:52:35 pm »

Do I perchance have the capacity to detect invisibles?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2016, 04:18:11 pm »

My question was not answered.
I just remembered thazt and came back specifically to answer it. Oops. You can probably get the form well enough. as for the info regarding the abilities, good question. You may get some or all of it, and you may only get knowledge of the physical aspects. We won't know until you make the shift.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2016, 08:57:21 pm »

This is taking too long, I'll fly into the nearby woods and land in an out of the way spot, and try out my new form. I do NOT get far from the group, nor out of the Eye's vision range.

edit:((I have no opinion about getting a new teammate. I'm fine with it, but I don't want you to be overworked Oz. If you're up for it, then I'm welcoming.))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:12:14 pm by Lenglon »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 10, 2016, 09:01:55 pm »

((That's actually the perfect action to introduce my character to the group surprisingly..))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2016, 07:54:24 am »

Bring up the plain fact that a 90% infant retrieval rate is basically as good as could possibly be expected when you've got a hundred of them. You can't have your r-type cake and eat it too, you know.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 11, 2016, 10:06:53 am »

Do I perchance have the capacity to detect invisibles?
If you read Ebony's scroll you will

This is taking too long, I'll fly into the nearby woods and land in an out of the way spot, and try out my new form. I do NOT get far from the group, nor out of the Eye's vision range.

edit:((I have no opinion about getting a new teammate. I'm fine with it, but I don't want you to be overworked Oz. If you're up for it, then I'm welcoming.))
You transform, feeling a connection with the earth, the warmth of the sun on your leaves, a song in the air, and, yes, you look about and can see a trace in the air of your fellow plantbabies. You feel like singing, running, and stealing hats.

((That's actually the perfect action to introduce my character to the group surprisingly..))
Go get 'em tiger. Catch a few plantbabies to prove your worth. try not to incinerate any though - that would be bad.

Bring up the plain fact that a 90% infant retrieval rate is basically as good as could possibly be expected when you've got a hundred of them. You can't have your r-type cake and eat it too, you know.
"Noooooo. Don't leave tehm out there, they'll get eaten by dutch Elms, Oriental boring beetles, flying squirrels! They'll listen to Beiber songs and I'll never hear the end of it! Save us, Save me!"

((Unless you are all getting really bored, in which case, for the sake of fun, we could move along.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:08:26 pm by Ozarck »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 11, 2016, 10:42:28 am »

That should probably happen then.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:51:40 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 11, 2016, 11:00:49 am »

((So I am correct in that I can appear now?if so put my sheet in the main thread and I'll strike out this following stuff if I'm wrong.))
Aylia you immediately see something  a few seconds after you transform a Peculiar girl appears landing from the sky looking incrediblely frustrated.
"Where'd it go...I swear I saw something!"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2016, 11:02:57 am »

AAGCK SURVEIL SURVEIL.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2016, 02:18:05 pm »

A race in the air? What does that mean? Are flying plantbabies chasing after each other? Do I have any understanding of how to turn invisible or how the PlantMother could see invisible? And how old are the plantbabies anyway compared to me?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 67