Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69423 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2016, 10:58:31 am »

I slowly walk towards the creature, intentionally making noise so it knows where I am and that I'm not hunting it. "Hello. You look hurt. I'm going to walk over and look at you, see if I can help, okay?"I slowly circle the creature once, from slightly out of its reach, commentating what I'm seeing as I do so so that it never loses track of me. No matter what I see, I'm going to keep my voice calm and avoid sudden outbursts.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2016, 06:58:43 am »

I slowly walk towards the creature, intentionally making noise so it knows where I am and that I'm not hunting it. "Hello. You look hurt. I'm going to walk over and look at you, see if I can help, okay?"I slowly circle the creature once, from slightly out of its reach, commentating what I'm seeing as I do so so that it never loses track of me. No matter what I see, I'm going to keep my voice calm and avoid sudden outbursts.
You circle the beast. it's ears twitch and it raises it's head to look at you a time or two. It's tail swings a bit when you are at that end of it, though that appears to be normal movement and not a hostile thing.

Very carefully and slowly attempt to get away from the rhino, stealthily.  If it startles, sprint away and up a tree.  No more magic.
You climb away from the rhino's foreleg. it huffs at you once, blowing hot, wet air at you, but otherwise leaving you unmolested. you get a safe distance away, listening to Alyia caht the beast up the whole time.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2016, 07:09:20 am »

Have I spotted its injury?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2016, 07:04:06 pm »

Have I spotted its injury?
It is laying on it's side and is favoring one foreleg, consistent with if it had twisted it or bruised it severely. there are no open wounds, though there are some scratch marks along it's neck, and the coloration and thickness of it's hide make spotting bruising unlikely. Overall it appears healthy - just winded and uncomfortable.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2016, 07:53:06 pm »

"It looks like you'll be okay, but you need to be gentle with that leg or yours for a while. It's probably going to bruise pretty badly. I'll sit over here where you can see me for a bit, while you get your breath back. Take your time, you'll be okay."

I walk over to where it can see me and sit down - still just a little out of reach. I wait and listen to our surroundings.

"Dar, I'm going to be a bit. Ebony should be on her way here too. please find her and split into pairs, one of you going to Fiddler, and the other watching over me."

And activating the commstone for this:
"Eye, mind finding Dannelle and reporting what you've observed thus far to her?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2016, 08:57:03 pm »

>Affirmative.

Do so.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2016, 09:11:24 pm »

>Affirmative.
"What? Why? What's wrong?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2016, 09:28:56 pm »

>Nothing is wrong.  I am confirming your orders.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2016, 03:08:21 am »

"That thing was about your size. Do you do that snake thing where you swallow things whole, or are you more of a tear-and-rend kind of person? I rather like using my teeth a little myself, you see."

Chat with the lizard about dietary concerns.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2016, 03:52:42 pm »

"...Is Shifter sure?  Wounded animal is never safe.  Dar'yajira has little magic left, but this one does not wish to leave Shifter alone."

Unless Aylia rethinks her orders, go find Ebony and direct her to Aylia.  Afterward, go join up with Fiddler.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2016, 04:29:43 pm »

"Thank you, but I'm more worried about leaving our hurt teammate alone than about myself. I'm sure. I'll be careful and stay here until you get back, but I want someone to return to Fiddler as soon as possible."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2016, 06:24:21 pm »

"It looks like you'll be okay, but you need to be gentle with that leg or yours for a while. It's probably going to bruise pretty badly. I'll sit over here where you can see me for a bit, while you get your breath back. Take your time, you'll be okay."

I walk over to where it can see me and sit down - still just a little out of reach. I wait and listen to our surroundings.

"Dar, I'm going to be a bit. Ebony should be on her way here too. please find her and split into pairs, one of you going to Fiddler, and the other watching over me."

And activating the commstone for this:
"Eye, mind finding Dannelle and reporting what you've observed thus far to her?"
Your kindness goes unacknowledged, except perhaps by a flick of an ear. the beast seems prepared to settle in for a while. It's in a small sunny patch, so maybe it is drying off.

>Affirmative.

Do so.

You fly hastily back to the original clearing, flit down to the location you last saw Dannelle, and spiel off a long and detail description of your journey through the woods, the nature of the clearing, the varied actions of your fellows, the size, shape, and state of the two beings you encountered, the different species of fern and the prevalence of various insects, concluding with a recitation of your order to return and a description of your return flight. Just before entering the clearing to give your report, you notice several large winged beings circling at a distance to the northeast. You include this in your report.

"That thing was about your size. Do you do that snake thing where you swallow things whole, or are you more of a tear-and-rend kind of person? I rather like using my teeth a little myself, you see."

Chat with the lizard about dietary concerns.
The lizard yawns to show you two lines of strong, sharp teeth. "I I have never thought about the method I use to eat, but your description of rending and tearing is appropriate. I confess, I have never seen a snake eat, so this information is new to me. I am curious now to see this in action. Do snakes eat things that are as big as themselves, all in one mouthful? How very exotic."

"...Is Shifter sure?  Wounded animal is never safe.  Dar'yajira has little magic left, but this one does not wish to leave Shifter alone."

Unless Aylia rethinks her orders, go find Ebony and direct her to Aylia.  Afterward, go join up with Fiddler.
You find Ebony at the edge of the clearing, hiding behind some sturdy trees. You direct her as stated, and then head over to where Fiddler is, also hovering near a sturdy tree, talking across the clearing to the lizard, who has taken up residence in the pool the rhinobeast was in before. they are talking about snakes, and your hackles raise as you glance around quickly, looking for any of those nasty creatures.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2016, 08:16:30 pm »

Return, the report is finished.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2016, 09:28:47 pm »

wait patiently.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 67