Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69440 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2016, 09:27:46 am »

((Well, I'm rather small too, so it's not surprising that she's at least as big as me. Do you mean she is, sitting, as tall as a human?))
"No. I'm sure you mean well, but I will not accept a precedent of someone binding a contract with me without my consent. You asked for information about my group's behavior, and I told you what was probable. I did not consent to any form of binding contract, and I am offended that you dared to try something that underhanded. now then, one moment. Eye, please contact Omega Base and verify Dannelle here is our liaison, I don't feel like being tricked. Thank you. Now then, Dannelle, you may call me Aylia, him Fiddler, her Ebony, and this the Eye. Could you please tell us where everything is and what needs to be done to make today a success?"
((Yes, I skipped Dar. That's intentional, it's generally nice to have at least one person not be tracked properly, in case of treachery))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2016, 04:16:45 pm »

((she is, sitting, at least as tall as Aylia is standing. She seems smaller than that.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2016, 04:25:49 pm »

((she is, sitting, at least as tall as Aylia is standing. She seems smaller than that.))
((noted that she *seems* small like me but actually is big, no change to action/speech.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2016, 04:31:24 pm »

((That's because it's not spaced right.  It's all equal character lengths in code tags.))

Check what Aylia said to check.

This unit does not have aesthetic concepts.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2016, 04:43:46 pm »

((Yeah, I'd suggest you type the standard map in monospace font anyway, as it makes it look much cleaner, and is less prone to looking weird in different browsers.))

Dar'yajira remains hidden and watchful.  If the group starts moving, he will follow a short distance behind while staying stealthy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2016, 05:05:19 pm »

((I think I can go ahead and respond to the actions posted, as not much is going on, and it will help things move along))

((That's because it's not spaced right.  It's all equal character lengths in code tags.))

Check what Aylia said to check.

This unit does not have aesthetic concepts.

Contact persona: The Lady [name restricted] or representative. Correlating form of address: Dannelle. High probability of correlation. Referencing physical appearance: files indicate a match.

((Well, I'm rather small too, so it's not surprising that she's at least as big as me. Do you mean she is, sitting, as tall as a human?))
"No. I'm sure you mean well, but I will not accept a precedent of someone binding a contract with me without my consent. You asked for information about my group's behavior, and I told you what was probable. I did not consent to any form of binding contract, and I am offended that you dared to try something that underhanded. now then, one moment. Eye, please contact Omega Base and verify Dannelle here is our liaison, I don't feel like being tricked. Thank you. Now then, Dannelle, you may call me Aylia, him Fiddler, her Ebony, and this the Eye. Could you please tell us where everything is and what needs to be done to make today a success?"
((Yes, I skipped Dar. That's intentional, it's generally nice to have at least one person not be tracked properly, in case of treachery))
"You offered terms and asked for my response. it was my consent that was needed, and I gave it, in spite of the rather ... broad and uncertain nature of your terms. the contract is complete." She pauses, and makes a gesture, rotating one limb outward from her body, to the side, flipping the hand at the end of the arc as if tossing something away. "Please do not be offended. This is beneficial to you and is but a temporary thing - even by your standards. For example, the offense that I could take for my honest actions being called underhanded would be great. This could be problematic for you. But, under the contract, no offense is visited upon me."

She pauses again, blinking and tilting her head, returning her limb to it's formal position. "In light of the misunderstanding, I will offer the choice to you: continue the contract as stated, clarify the contract in detail, or nullify the contract. For my part, here is what i will do under each option. if you continue the contract as stated, I will act as your liaison amongst the more ... precise ... of the arriving beings, provide instruction and direction, and continue to disregard the more undisciplined of your fellow beings' and your own ways.

If you chose to make the contract explicit and detailed - we will begin negotiations. The contract will, at the end of our negotiation, become formal and inviolable.

If you choose, as you seem to prefer, to nullify the contract, I will withdraw. No further reprisals will come your way for our interactions to this point.

You may ask questions. To choose an option, begin your words with the phrase 'I choose the option to.'-"

((Yeah, I'd suggest you type the standard map in monospace font anyway, as it makes it look much cleaner, and is less prone to looking weird in different browsers.))

Dar'yajira remains hidden and watchful.  If the group starts moving, he will follow a short distance behind while staying stealthy.
Hidden. That map idea sounds like work for me. I'll try it next time.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2016, 05:10:00 pm »

Aylia gets a message.

"This is the known form of our liaison to within known confidence intervals."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:25:41 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2016, 05:22:17 pm »

Tap foot quietly while randos finish dull conversation. Keep an ear out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2016, 06:12:38 pm »

"You requested information, I provided that information, and requested information of roughly equal value in exchange. Your actions are and were your own. You claimed I made a contract, which I did not, and even now are attempting to force one upon me. This is offensive. I am informing you of your offensive behavior, and requesting you to stop your repeated offensive behavior. If you wish to make a contract, you must explicitly request to make one. Attempts to impose a contract without both parties agreement are coercive and non-binding, and such an attempt is what you have done and are continuing to do.

Now then, I am willing to agree to a contract of the terms you have listed for myself and myself alone, however Omega personnel are highly independent and I cannot guarantee any of the behavior of the other Omega personnel here, I can only make educated guesses and predictions of what their behavior would be in various circumstances. You will need to make separate contracts with each individual as a result. What I have just said, again, is a statement of information, despite me mentioning my willingness to make a contract, I have not actually offered or accepted one. Have I made myself clear?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2016, 06:45:33 pm »

"You requested information, I provided that information, and requested information of roughly equal value in exchange. Your actions are and were your own. You claimed I made a contract, which I did not, and even now are attempting to force one upon me. This is offensive. I am informing you of your offensive behavior, and requesting you to stop your repeated offensive behavior. If you wish to make a contract, you must explicitly request to make one. Attempts to impose a contract without both parties agreement are coercive and non-binding, and such an attempt is what you have done and are continuing to do.

Now then, I am willing to agree to a contract of the terms you have listed for myself and myself alone, however Omega personnel are highly independent and I cannot guarantee any of the behavior of the other Omega personnel here, I can only make educated guesses and predictions of what their behavior would be in various circumstances. You will need to make separate contracts with each individual as a result. What I have just said, again, is a statement of information, despite me mentioning my willingness to make a contract, I have not actually offered or accepted one. Have I made myself clear?"

"Farewell." And with that, your contact gets up and leaves.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2016, 06:56:39 pm »

Pass this conversation to Omega HQ.  Follow.

To Aylia>Suspicious?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:07:21 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2016, 07:01:53 pm »

"Farewell." And with that, your contact gets up and leaves.
I follow
"Your terms were not unreasonable, and I do wish to make a contract with you that is similar. I simply cannot allow a precedent of being bound to a contract I did not make.I do not understand why you are breaking off communications when you stated questions could be asked."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2016, 07:13:55 pm »

She turns, or more properly, rotates, and sits once more, albeit this time at the very edge of the woods. "You have stated your desire to nullify the contract, in no uncertain terms. You have stated it three times. The contract is nullified. Your only question was whether you were clear in doing so. You have been clear in doing so. I will now enact what I stated I would do, should you reject the contract as offered."

With that, she moves backward into the shade of the trees.
""How delightfully droll. I never expected Omega to be so ... charmingly absurd. I have heard rumors, of course, but you have certainly done them more than justice. Well met. Now, tell me: is it safe for me to approach? Will I be assaulted, insulted, cajoled, tackled, eaten, or ensorcelled, should I step out amongst you?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2016, 07:23:29 pm »

"One suspects that we try again now."
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2016, 07:23:31 pm »

"I agree not to assault, tackle, eat, or ensorcelle you for the duration of our conversation, and barring circumstances requireing me to go through the process of escalation of force as best I know how, possibly at a very rapid rate, will maintain such an agreement for the duration of our continued interactions, should you approach. I cannot promise not to insult or cajole you. I cannot make a contract for the other Omega members, however I predict their behavior will probably obey the limits that I agree to for myself, so long as I am in their presence."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 67