Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69391 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2016, 08:44:15 pm »

"No, he's lost now. Hopefully we can stumble on him later, when the satyr comes back for the main festivities."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2016, 08:44:48 pm »

"If."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2016, 08:57:47 pm »

"And miss a party like this? when."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2016, 09:20:11 pm »

"If.  It is not a certainty."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2016, 09:22:46 pm »

"If.  It is not a certainty."
"Neither is the sunrise. Also, this is pointless to argue about."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2016, 09:23:24 pm »

"Correct."
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2016, 09:24:56 pm »

"So about that map you were going to make."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2016, 09:25:51 pm »

"Indeed."

Map.  Do that.
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2016, 07:18:48 am »

I return to the clearing, land, shift back to my natural form, take my belongings back from Ebony and reclothe myself, and describe what I saw and the layout of the area.
afterwards:
"So, any contact with other partygoers?"
okay

"There's some rodents. They seem irritable for some reason. Was fixing to catch 'em and ask a few questions, but didn't work out."

So have the mice scattered entirely, or are they regrouping somewhere a bit further away? Keep an eye on the surroundings.
the mice head off northeast through the brush. They seem to converge on one another but do not appear to be stopping or returning to you.

Dar'yajira's voice comes out of the commstones "Dar'yajira lost the shifter.  It split away from the goat twoleg, and this one could not follow without risking the bad music.  Cat is... very sorry.

Ah, before it ran, the shifter looked... different.  It did not have the eyes of a kit anymore.  This one worries that the shifter is not the same shifter now.  Should Dar'yajira try and find the shifter again, just in case this one is wrong?"

If told to, go try to hunt down Meryl again.  Otherwise, stay with the group.  If the mice attack again, cast the scarycat spell and hiss at them--but don't actually attack or harm them.
Dey gone.

"Indeed."

Map.  Do that.

Alright, you fly straight up, and here is a little ascii fun for you:

N
 W+E             \                                       ~~                                 ~ = river
   S                \    ~~~~~~                    ~~                                   \ = escarpment
             ~~ ~   \              ~~~~          ~~
     ~~ ~              \*                      ~~~~~~                                     ^ = hills
 ~~         s             \                               ~~                                    O = current location
                 m            \                                 ~~
              O                \                               ~~                                  m= where the mice headed
                                                                 ~~                                  s = where the satyr headed
                                   \                              ~~                                 * path down to the fens
 ^^^^^                                                        ~~
^^^  ^^^                     \                                ~~
^   ^^   ^^^                   \

Spoiler: map with code (click to show/hide)

The Eye does manage to find a glimmer of activity around the shore of the river down below the escarpment, and a trail that leads down a fairly reasonable slope. but he is not nearby when the voice calls out to the rest of you from the shadows of the trees.

"How delightfully droll. I never expected Omega to be so ... charmingly absurd. I have heard rumors, of course, but you have certainly done them more than justice. Well met. Now, tell me: is it safe for me to approach? Will I be assaulted, insulted, cajoled, tackled, eaten, or ensorcelled, should I step out amongst you?" A hint of laughter carries along with this last question, but the question also carries a strange seriousness to it as well.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:29:25 am by Ozarck »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 09:26:01 am »

Fiddler raises an eyebrow as his wit springs to action. He elects not to employ it just yet.

Let the dirty shapeshifter field this particular question. Look around for rising smoke.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2016, 12:12:17 pm »

"Honestly? They probably won't assault, tackle, eat, or ensorcelle you while I'm here, but insults and cajoling are very much on the table. You willing to come out anyway?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2016, 02:41:45 pm »

((Can you put the map in code tags?  It wraps on my phone and it shouldn't.))
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2016, 03:25:07 pm »

((I'm using Chrome, on my Android phone, and the compass has stuff in the middle and it shouldn't.))

Return from scouting.
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2016, 06:49:02 am »

Fiddler raises an eyebrow as his wit springs to action. He elects not to employ it just yet.

Let the dirty shapeshifter field this particular question. Look around for rising smoke.
Perhaps there is a hint of pipe smoke in the air, drifting in from the direction the mice went.

"Honestly? They probably won't assault, tackle, eat, or ensorcelle you while I'm here, but insults and cajoling are very much on the table. You willing to come out anyway?"
((A reminder: the Eye has the means to communicate with omega base as well, though there might be some interference from the various goings on expected at this event))

The voice pauses for a moment, then sighs. "What's a Lady to do? Very well, I accept your terms. in exchange for safety from physical and magical means, I will tolerate the risk of insult or uncouth attitude from your group. they contract is complete." And with that, a singular creature steps out from the shadows. She is very thin with long limbs and very knobbly joints, almost like a walking chemical compound model. She is very dark in color, blue, with hints of purple and black, especially at the ends of her fingers and toes, and her eyes are large, round disks with dark green scleraFading to a teal iris around a wide, circular pupil. She moves with broad, sweeping motions, arms coming up over her head, and legs rotating in wide circles. She looks like she is always about to change direction, and in fact does change direction a couple of times before coming to a stop a couple yards away from you. She does a strange motion where each of her limbs in turn rotate forward once, the extremities coming to rest at about the same point on the ground in front of her. It takes a moment, but you recognize that to be a formal posture, which she holds for a second before sitting on the ground. While she looks rather small, you note that she is, sitting, as tall as you are. "You may call me Dannelle. I will be your liaison for the festivities."

((Looks fine on my android phone, using Firefox.))

Dar'yajira remains silent and watchful, perched in a tree.
your tail twitches in anticipation as the creature makes itself known. it moves in hypnotic ways, and you find yourself wanting to chase after each limb in turn. this is not a compulsion or anything, just normal cat stuff. You control it easily enough.

((I'm using Chrome, on my Android phone, and the compass has stuff in the middle and it shouldn't.))

Return from scouting.
((I put a copy of the map in code tags, but it looks weird on firefox - the lines don't match up. I don't know hwo that will look on your phone though.))
You settle down near Aylia and circle the clearing. Hey, look at that! A new creature, the likes of which you haven't seen before. Neat! Boy, aren't her eyes pretty?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67