Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69470 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2016, 10:38:42 pm »

((GM if reggie or something like him at the very least comes back what do you think about reggie being able to volunteer for experimentation or study by omega legion? That  seem in character for the legion?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2016, 01:05:51 am »

I stay airborne and continue to learn the layout of the area, circling to see it from different angles. Is there anyplace in particular that seems like a gathering-place or other viable party location? Do I see a trend of creatures moving towards or away from a particular location? How densely used is this airspace that I'm in anyway? Do I see any elementals of any kind?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: THe Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2016, 01:28:58 pm »

"Ah, right."

The mice. Catch them in a blanket and beat the resultant parcel until it stops moving and ask if they've been invited. If not, instruct them to kindly forfeit their weapons.

Should they fail to do so, administer as severe a beating as is required for them to reconsider this behavior.

You pull the blanket off Twinwolf, as it is the only one handy, and toss it suddenly at the mice. I should note that they are much larger than normal mice, being about a foot and a half tall on their hind legs. regardless, they dodge and scatter into the undergrowth. "A rough crowd, you people are. We'll be reporting this to security!"

Dar'yajira shouts into its commstone as he recoils from the satyr "Shifter changed and ran!  It is not same shifter now!"

FLEE!  Also, preemptively use magic to strengthen will against the satyr's mind control.
You let go and dash off back to the clearing. the Satyr watches you for a moment, perplexed, then raises his pipes and sings and dances into the woods.

I stay airborne and continue to learn the layout of the area, circling to see it from different angles. Is there anyplace in particular that seems like a gathering-place or other viable party location? Do I see a trend of creatures moving towards or away from a particular location? How densely used is this airspace that I'm in anyway? Do I see any elementals of any kind?
You circle toward the hills and discover them to be rocky and covered in brush and short grass. the area around your entrance is largely wooded, with evergreens more prominent than deciduous trees. The river, on this side of the escarpment, is narrow and fast flowing. What beaches there are are rocky and narrow. the escarpment itself is not a straight cliff, but rather a line of steep, rocky slopes, with the stone beneath occasionally exposed to form overlook points. there are a couple cliffs along the escarpment (which is probably the wrong word, but the division between upper and lower land is the important bit). The airspace is occupied by the normal feathered traffic for hilly lands such as this. You don't see elementals, but you do get a sense of expectancy from the forest, reaching out toward the fen below.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2016, 02:22:08 pm »

I return to the clearing, land, shift back to my natural form, take my belongings back from Ebony and reclothe myself, and describe what I saw and the layout of the area.
afterwards:
"So, any contact with other partygoers?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2016, 04:36:36 pm »

"There's some rodents. They seem irritable for some reason. Was fixing to catch 'em and ask a few questions, but didn't work out."

So have the mice scattered entirely, or are they regrouping somewhere a bit further away? Keep an eye on the surroundings.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2016, 04:53:41 pm »

"Keep in mind that we're going to encounter a lot of rare and unusual beings here, be courteous and respectful of all of them, big or small. Social niceties are a big deal for some creatures. If you really need something from one of them, ask them three times. If they say no even after the third time, don't bother with a fourth. groups of three are a big deal for some Fey creatures, and something asked thrice is slightly more likely to be granted. Oh, and be very careful about the terms Guest and Host, there's some complicated rules for the proper behavior of each. basically if you find yourself in either category, then you have to play nice. um... Oh, don't eat or drink anything until either the Eye or me clears it, preferably the Eye. Um, do no favors, accept no gifts, make no deals you aren't willing to fulfill completely, and keep your iron hidden unless you have to make threats. If something starts to compel you, like that Satyr's music did, then resist it as well as you can. find something else to focus on. I was hoping everyone would focus on my command instead of the music when that Satyr started playing. But Reggie... whatever, what's done is done, hopefully Dar and the Eye will save him. Right now we need to find a party official of some kind, get more information on what we need to be doing. and where."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2016, 04:57:04 pm »

"Anything in particular we should look for? Like, things that would be obviously out of place here?" Ebony says, writing pretty much all those things down.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2016, 04:59:31 pm »

"There's party officials? I thought elementals didn't have those, hence the whole problem."

"Besides, isn't anyone who'd know likely to also be somebody we're forbidden to bother? One of those dirt or water or sunlight or whatever people, you know."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2016, 05:06:39 pm »

The Eye has returned to the group in time for the briefing, due to its inability to catch up.

"Query:Gifts given freely and with no obligation?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2016, 06:02:27 pm »

The Eye has returned to the group in time for the briefing, due to its inability to catch up.

"Query:Gifts given freely and with no obligation?"

"There's no such thing. If you accept a gift, you owe a favor. A blank check. They pretty much have the right to ask you for anything, at all."
"There's party officials? I thought elementals didn't have those, hence the whole problem."

"Besides, isn't anyone who'd know likely to also be somebody we're forbidden to bother? One of those dirt or water or sunlight or whatever people, you know."

"I don't know either way. Which is infuriating. We might be the party officials for all I know. Apparently Omega is completely useless at cordinating between themselves and the people they're supposed to be helping."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:06:07 pm by Lenglon »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2016, 06:10:54 pm »

"I see.  Pun not intended."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2016, 06:19:22 pm »

"Anything in particular we should look for? Like, things that would be obviously out of place here?" Ebony says, writing pretty much all those things down.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2016, 06:27:06 pm »

"Fire is pretty much it, the two elementals that are joining are two different types of nature elementals, fire and other tree-destroying forces would be heavilly out of place."

edit: "Oh, um, if someone offers you a deal, and all they want to pay you in is a favor, remember what I just said about favors, they're actually hard currency. Just don't go crazy with what you ask for, people do scary things when backed into a corner. And don't worry if you don't get that favor granted by the time we leave. Favors don't have expiration dates. by the same token, if you end up owing someone a favor, that favor will never, ever, expire."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:37:39 pm by Lenglon »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2016, 07:59:15 pm »

Dar'yajira's voice comes out of the commstones "Dar'yajira lost the shifter.  It split away from the goat twoleg, and this one could not follow without risking the bad music.  Cat is... very sorry.

Ah, before it ran, the shifter looked... different.  It did not have the eyes of a kit anymore.  This one worries that the shifter is not the same shifter now.  Should Dar'yajira try and find the shifter again, just in case this one is wrong?"

If told to, go try to hunt down Meryl again.  Otherwise, stay with the group.  If the mice attack again, cast the scarycat spell and hiss at them--but don't actually attack or harm them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67