Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69376 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: THe Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2016, 07:24:05 pm »

Reggie is dead and gone. the -2 to will, coupled with the voluntary surrender to the dancve, coupled with the roll of 1 to resist afterward did it. sorry. All that is left is an enchanted fawn. One with a very unusual physical and psychic makeup, but not Reggie anymore.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2016, 07:25:36 pm »

((But Reggie was not resisting that roll he was asking a question and still dancing))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2016, 07:27:50 pm »

((Plus reggie talked while still under said enchantment and didn't have to roll for that either
Basically I'm saying my intention with that action was to roll charisma and definitely not will.
Yeah I read it over again at no point does it say about resisting anything it merly says turn back to meryl ask a question and the next part is meant to mean wait for an answer to said question then go back depending on the answer.)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:44:56 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2016, 08:35:04 pm »

"Ah, right."

The mice. Catch them in a blanket and beat the resultant parcel until it stops moving.
((What. How the hell is that... I apparently missed some rather critical information about Fiddler's attitude and tendencies here. What the flying fuck on a deep-fried branding iron makes that appropriate for the situation!?!?!))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2016, 08:42:23 pm »

((What. How the hell is that... I apparently missed some rather critical information about Fiddler's attitude and tendencies here. What the flying fuck on a deep-fried branding iron makes that appropriate for the situation!?!?!))

((Well, the rodents are our responsibility. I take it, and that means Fiddler's assumed the same, that this means we're supposed to eliminate them before they cause any further trouble.

Although, come to think of it, might be best to try a different tack first.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2016, 08:47:15 pm »

((So even if Reggie's pretty hurt he can probably be fixed I'm thinking the satyr wouldn't want to destroy someone's mind anyway.))
((What happened had to malice to it. It's just part of the satyr's nature, and from it's perspective it did no harm. It's simply bringing joy to Reggie's life. This is why you don't trust even the good-natured fey. I guess I should start giving mythology lessons when we encounter things like that. Reggie's choice to give in to the Satyr's song was the single worst possible thing you can do in that situation.))
((Reggie is a weird thing he's very technically a shit ton of people and as such it'd be extremely hard to completely destroy who reggie is))
((Think about his mind like a computer system for a second. One that was designed by a ton of different programmers in a mixture of cooperation and competition. Because the various parts are designed individually, and are independent of each other, damage to parts of the system will not have anywhere near as major of an effect as it would on a design made as a single coherent unit.

now that the computer system, which has an end result the same size as any other computer system, and instead of breaking a part of it, just overwrite the entire thing with a completely different system.

the individuality of the components doesn't matter for that kind of total rewrite.))

((Well, the rodents are our responsibility. I take it, and that means Fiddler's assumed the same, that this means we're supposed to eliminate them before they cause any further trouble.

((If the plan was KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES then they'd have sent the brute squad! Our primary directive was to be the bouncers for a private party not murder all the partygoers pets!))

Oz: @ Reggie
((Isn't Reggiefawn still bound by the Omega Brand?))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:49:27 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2016, 08:49:18 pm »

((I'm just going to note, the GM should probably be made aware of all factors of a character when they're submitted. Even if Reggie had been really hard to mentally destroy, it wouldn't matter because the GM was never made aware of it.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2016, 08:50:07 pm »

((The briefing is to PROTECT the guests, not BLUDGEON THEM TO DEATH!))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2016, 08:58:28 pm »

Erm, yeah. those beings listed as your responsibility are not automatically hostile. that's just a list of creatures that you have authority to interact with and discipline or remove as necessary. So If your action is based on "there are rodents. rodents are the enemy of the festivities" then you should consider adjusting the action.

((I'm just going to note, the GM should probably be made aware of all factors of a character when they're submitted. Even if Reggie had been really hard to mentally destroy, it wouldn't matter because the GM was never made aware of it.))
that -2 Will. And yes, if the nature of the homunculus was supposed to include iron will, well, that would have needed to be mentioned. I know Reggie was made FullMetal Alchemist style (which is what saved him last mission), but that doesn't automatically imply strength of mind. And again, I really liked Reggie.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oz: @ Reggie
((Isn't Reggiefawn still bound by the Omega Brand?))
Well spoken. As for ReggieFawn and the Omega brand, What are you really asking here? the brand might remain, as does the homunculus nature, which makes the fawn a very strange magical creature at this point. that much magical influence is bound to have consequences.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2016, 09:03:01 pm »

Erm, yeah. those beings listed as your responsibility are not automatically hostile. that's just a list of creatures that you have authority to interact with and discipline or remove as necessary. So If your action is based on "there are rodents. rodents are the enemy of the festivities" then you should consider adjusting the action.

((You know the OOC is strong when even the GM gets in on it.

Besides, already adjusted.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2016, 09:05:11 pm »

((I'm asking if Omega will recover Reggiefawn at recall time and restore his mind (I'd assume death penalty applied to Will, mandating post-mission level spent on Will to keep sanity). Since he's technically a construct, and he's theirs, and even just as a tool he has value...))
EDIT:((maybe damage to memory or intel instead? not sure. I'd assume since his 'death' was from a mental effect instead of physical damage that the death penalty would apply to some kind of mental stat though.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 09:13:59 pm by Lenglon »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2016, 09:57:32 pm »

((If reggie comes back I imagine he's gonna be different personality wise probably more likely that some other faucet of who reggie was would take control so I'd say if reggie is saved he's probably gonna behave a lot more like Aylia or hell the satyr would leave one hell of a mark on Reggie or what is known as reggie either way reggie will be changed by this.
And I gave reggie a -2 mind because what is reggie is really a shit ton of people forming a personality and as such it'd be easy to shatter it due to the lack of it's strength in certain areas shatter Reggie's weakest parts and his personality shatters and who he becomes if he's back will be different but may or may not have the old ones memory's think the second greed from FMA:Brotherhood. ))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 10:01:54 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2016, 10:03:34 pm »

((SUCH A GOOD FUCKING USE OF SLAVINA'S SOUL GODS DAMMIT.
no, i'm not mad.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2016, 10:25:57 pm »

((You know the OOC is strong when even the GM gets in on it.

Besides, already adjusted.))
Just clarifying the IC knowledge of the character is all. I didn't care either way. I was following the ooc because I knew Reggie's little incident would be talked about.

((I'm asking if Omega will recover Reggiefawn at recall time and restore his mind (I'd assume death penalty applied to Will, mandating post-mission level spent on Will to keep sanity). Since he's technically a construct, and he's theirs, and even just as a tool he has value...))
EDIT:((maybe damage to memory or intel instead? not sure. I'd assume since his 'death' was from a mental effect instead of physical damage that the death penalty would apply to some kind of mental stat though.))
I'll think about it. Reggie's already died once. Maybe I'll make it secondary mission for a team to go in and extract him. It could get messy. It'll definitely cost, though. But your suggestion about Omega's interest in him is IC justifiable, so it's worth a look.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2016, 10:30:56 pm »

((Just so long as you don't find some way to long-range channel Jack's soul to bring Reggie back.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67