Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69571 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #615 on: May 25, 2016, 10:28:47 pm »

I check my commstone again
"The Eye is increasingly concerned, we should go."
to the Eye!
"I'm on my way with Noir."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 25, 2016, 10:29:14 pm »

>Confirmed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 25, 2016, 10:30:12 pm »

TO THE EYE
"Uh can i use my power for this?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 25, 2016, 10:32:26 pm »

((When did anyone...
Nevermind, not questioning it.))

>"EXTREMELY CONTRAINDICATED."

((Nevermind, misinterpreted.))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 10:43:27 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 25, 2016, 10:36:33 pm »

((When did anyone...
Nevermind, not questioning it.))
((I have been confusing on you, sorry. We aren't at your location, we aren't talking to you most of the time, the confusing part is that I'm dictating to the commstone when I'm talking to you. context should make it clear which messages are being sent to the eye and which aren't.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 25, 2016, 10:41:15 pm »

((I meant when did anyone give Noir a commstone.))
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 25, 2016, 10:42:17 pm »

((uh the bolded thing is an action she's talking to Aylia not the eye))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 25, 2016, 10:42:56 pm »

((...Ohhhhhhhhhhh.  *pulls out Retconbot 3000*))
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 26, 2016, 02:39:01 am »

"Ah, I see you are interested! Very good. This is a game that humans play when they are feeling particularly cheeky - it is called the joust! How it works is that two sides select their opponents' champions by whatever criteria they would like while selecting their own mounts. You may use another champion as a mount - failing that, a woodland animal may volunteer to carry your opponent to victory. Then you find sticks - big sticks, about your own height or taller, which need to provided by the champions themselves. You sit on top of your mounts and, with the sticks clutched to your chests, ride at each other, trying to knock the other one off their mount."

"To resolve a disagreement, let's say we do best out of five rounds. While the champions joust, their fellows are encouraged to sit in the sidelines and yell encouragingly! And also place bets on who will win and by how many jousts! It's fun for the whole family, and far less injurious than mass combat. So how about a few rounds of that? Humans think that if you win a game, the spirits favor your side of the argument and thus you're probably right, so it's useful for that as well."

Get a Beyond The Looking Glass-style joust of tiny people going. It's suitable entertainment for a wedding, right? If there's things that are unclear, explain them further.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:40:48 am by Harry Baldman »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 27, 2016, 03:44:38 pm »

Upon Noir summoning flame of some kind in this place i immediately rush forward from my position behind her, grab the arm of the hand that is holding flame, and yank it towards myself, twisting her around in the process, though how much depends on how much she resists the sudden tug.
"NOIR DRAGONFANG! CEASE THAT THIS INSTANT! NO. FIRE. HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR YOUNG LADY?!?"
Series of flavor actions that really matter, am indirectly guilt-tripping both groups
Who? What?

Noir blushes the black flame immediately disappearing as her eyes widen as her arm is jerked away evaporating before it has any chance  of hitting Aylia
Turn off the dark magic
"O-Ow sorry! It's not actually fire I-I was just  showing them it! B-But don't do that if it had hit you...You could have died.....very...easily..."
Noir's face takes on a concerned look looking her over to make sure aylia didn't actually get hurt.
What? where?

I check my commstone again
"The Eye is increasingly concerned, we should go."
to the Eye!
"I'm on my way with Noir."
To the Eye!

TO THE EYE
"Uh can i use my power for this?"
to the EYE!

"Ah, I see you are interested! Very good. This is a game that humans play when they are feeling particularly cheeky - it is called the joust! How it works is that two sides select their opponents' champions by whatever criteria they would like while selecting their own mounts. You may use another champion as a mount - failing that, a woodland animal may volunteer to carry your opponent to victory. Then you find sticks - big sticks, about your own height or taller, which need to provided by the champions themselves. You sit on top of your mounts and, with the sticks clutched to your chests, ride at each other, trying to knock the other one off their mount."

"To resolve a disagreement, let's say we do best out of five rounds. While the champions joust, their fellows are encouraged to sit in the sidelines and yell encouragingly! And also place bets on who will win and by how many jousts! It's fun for the whole family, and far less injurious than mass combat. So how about a few rounds of that? Humans think that if you win a game, the spirits favor your side of the argument and thus you're probably right, so it's useful for that as well."

Get a Beyond The Looking Glass-style joust of tiny people going. It's suitable entertainment for a wedding, right? If there's things that are unclear, explain them further.
The monkey creatures immediately begin climbing on top of each other wand practicing running around, throwing sticks and things all over the place, while the spiky fellows huddle together and discuss, and some go off to find sticks. they bring back some pretty sturdy, reliable looking things. And then a few of them race off, while you bounce about explaining the rules and directing the groups to make an arena suitable. You've engaged the entirety of both groups with this activity, and indeed, several onlookers as well. before long, this event blossoms into a full fledged, multiparty joust, with monkey people swinging from branches to knock people over, and spiky people riding in on giant spiders, and halflings riding Ostriches - pretty comically, considering the size difference, but the halflings are pretty nimble and hard to hit too, and are masters at whinging rocks at their opponents at just the right time. At one point you see monkey people teamed with spiky people to joust with a squad of boars, and dozens of pixies spraying glitter just everywhere, causing the beings within their cloud to get dizzy and loopy, stumbling around the arena drunkenly and falling over when they try to swing their weapons. Fights are still breaking out, but it isn't species verses species anymore, so that's a thing. Congratulations on making sense. I ahve no idea what is going on with the rest of the round.

Dar'yajira is somewhat nonplussed by the situation, but continues to stay hidden and watch.  He's ready to defend Fiddler if the crowd of little fey has a mood swing.
The crowd is taking just dozens of mood swings, and has grown rather surprisingly quickly. Fiddler is having the time of his life, just bouncing around turning this into some kind of giant party. You bat away a few pixies spreading magic dust, and hiss at a few angry combatants, and nip at the heels of a few fools into watching where they are going and in general keep Fiddler from being punched, kicked, stepped on (I know Harry, I know he is fourfeet. i mean like, someone stepping on your foot), bitten or magicked.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 27, 2016, 06:16:08 pm »

"Eye what's the situation!?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 27, 2016, 06:17:35 pm »

"Eye what's the situation!?"
((Considering I don't know myself...))
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 27, 2016, 08:22:13 pm »

since GM didn't read the flavor of what was going on when I said he really needed to, I guess I'll summarize what happened here in bold text:
Noir activated her soul-destroying-flame ability as a show of force.
Aylia yelled at her for summoning fire, grabbed her, and disrupted her.
Noir deactivated the flame ability before it could hurt anyone.
Aylia dragged Noir off to the Omega campsite while chewing her out, including a side-comment about how the two arguing groups were being disrepectful by bringing their argument with them.
Aylia and Noir talked it out back at the campsite.
Eye called for assistance again.
Aylia and Noir went to assist the eye.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 27, 2016, 09:17:54 pm »

since GM didn't read the flavor of what was going on when I said he really needed to, I guess I'll summarize what happened here in bold text:
Noir activated her soul-destroying-flame ability as a show of force.
Aylia yelled at her for summoning fire, grabbed her, and disrupted her.
Noir deactivated the flame ability before it could hurt anyone.
Aylia dragged Noir off to the Omega campsite while chewing her out, including a side-comment about how the two arguing groups were being disrepectful by bringing their argument with them.
Aylia and Noir talked it out back at the campsite.
Eye called for assistance again.
Aylia and Noir went to assist the eye.

Is that what your bolded text meant? I see. Okay. Fortunately, stopping Noir from posturing with these two groups was right anyway, and that could have gone ugly but didn't.

As for the situation with the eye, you guys step into the no-man's land to see a few scattered onlookers watching the eye fly around yelling at scattered onlookers. Some merpeople have weapons, like spears and whatnot, as well as a couple of the onlookers.

There is a humanoid of indistinct race standing quite near the border to the forbidden zone, casually looking at the eye. He glances your way, pauses a moment, then resumes watching the Eye's rather curious patrol.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67