Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69473 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2016, 02:53:39 am »

"You all right there, big fella?" Fiddler asks the rhino.

If things go south, go east and weave between trees!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2016, 07:04:18 pm »

I haven't forgotten you guys, but due to my personal drama over in ER, I am going to postpone this turn until tomorrow morning. I apologize, and this is entirely my own issue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2016, 07:25:29 am »

No, don't want to move away from the group. I'll just do similar to what Dar did instead, moving in close enough to support from the opposite side Dar did.
Okay, you come a bit closer, crouching low to keep the rocks between yourself and the creatures. they are facing upstream, which is the direction you are, but they appear not to have seen you. You get close enough that you can react within a turn if things go sour.

The cat's voice quietly whispers from the commstones "This one suggests we ignore giant lizard and gray cow.  Dar'yajira does not believe dartlimb would ask us to interefere in nature, and cat does not believe it can kill giant lizard easily."

Continue watching.  If teammates anger the lizard, abandon cover to jump across the river (that jumping specialization lets Dar do that, right?), and then rush to flank the lizard while casting strength and dex buffs, but not endurance.  Glass cannon buffs.
that jumping spec will allow you to leap across this stream, yes. Glass cannon, got it.

"You all right there, big fella?" Fiddler asks the rhino.

If things go south, go east and weave between trees!
The rhino roars a bit and splashes pretty noisily. You jump back, tense, but the beast does not rise out of the water toward you. "I believe his foot is caught between some rocks," comes a voice from nearby - a sibilant, throaty voice.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2016, 08:21:47 am »

Check out who said that.

First guess: LIZARD

Second guess: SNAKEMAN

Third guess: WOLFMAN

Evaluate trustworthiness of source regardless of accuracy of guess.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2016, 08:40:06 am »

Stay. Still. watch and wait, not moving or otherwise drawing attention to myself.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2016, 09:09:48 am »

Observe observe observe.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2016, 07:47:49 am »

Check out who said that.

First guess: LIZARD

Second guess: SNAKEMAN

Third guess: WOLFMAN

Evaluate trustworthiness of source regardless of accuracy of guess.

It was probably the lizard, you conclude, eyeing it suspiciously. It eyes you back, and licks it's own eyeball. Hard to tell from that whether it is "trustworthy" or not.

Stay. Still. watch and wait, not moving or otherwise drawing attention to myself.
Okiedokie

Observe observe observe.
Okiedokie

Cast the glass cannon buffs preemptively, I suppose.  Be ready to leap over the river and charge if things go south.

What body type does this lizard have?  Can it reach the back of its neck?

Glass cannon buff activated. Ding! the lizard looks like a giant monitor lizard. it probably cannot reach it's own neck, no. Once you are up on it's back, You are mostly free from direct harm. The riskiest part would be getting past it's tail.

the rhinobeast suddenly shifts it's whole weight and lurches forward, sending a wave of water boiling up toward Fiddler. Everyone being on high alert like this, you all see it hauling ass up out of hte pool, moving at a pretty good clip. Bullet time mode, gang.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2016, 07:48:51 am »

Quick, behind a tree!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2016, 09:02:30 am »

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:35:26 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2016, 09:02:45 am »

Darn it, I didn't think to make sure we had at least one person skilled in medicine among us.

I ready my bow during the commotion, but don't aim or draw it just yet. Bronze arrowhead, have another bronze and an iron arrowhead one resting in the grass next to me, ready to be grabbed and fired rapidly if needed. I need to see what the creatures next actions are, and if either one is on the attack.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2016, 03:32:32 pm »

Get out of the way, get behind something sturdy.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2016, 06:39:06 pm »

Is the rhino coming out on the side with our people, or the side with the lizard?  If the latter, leap across, and follow it at a distance.  Watch the lizard while doing so, and if the lizard heads toward me, return to the opposite side.

If the rhino is charging towards my allies, leave cover to head over in that direction, but do try to stay out of the rhino's way.  The primary goal is to get close enough to my allies that they can be defended from the lizard, if it crosses.

...And if the rhino does attack an ally, prioritizing attacking over fleeing, leap onto its neck and latch on while raking.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2016, 08:24:40 pm »

((Something Lenglon knows that Aylia doesn't: Rhinos are aggressive and territorial, unable to jump, have extremely poor eyesight, and are pretty much unstoppable because of their incredibly thick and tough hide. They're natural tanks.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2016, 06:58:18 am »

Quick, behind a tree!
You backpedal for all you are worth, seeking the safety of the trees. A fortuitous backflip and handspring at just the right time softens the blow when the rhino collides with you, sending yo uin an arc through the trees. You land rather messily in the branches of a small conifer, and fall through the needles and softer boughs to land on the dried needles below with a soft whump, covered in sap, twigs, and bruises. ((you were a little too out in the open to simply sidestep behind a tree, or I'd have done that for you.))

Observe observe observe.
Also avoid.
You watch the rhino charge through Fiddler, and calculate Fiddler's trajectory as he goes. You also see Dar race forward and latch on screching and hissing. The lizard watches placidly, swiveling his head on his neck to track the rhino's progress. You detect a bit of a limp in it's gait, favoring one foreleg.

Get out of the way, get behind something sturdy.
Since you sort of stayed right there at the edge of the clearing, it was a little easier for you to dodge behind the cover of a nice big, thick tree. The rhinobeast pays you no attention whatsoever, and is soon past, charging off into the unknown.

Is the rhino coming out on the side with our people, or the side with the lizard?  If the latter, leap across, and follow it at a distance.  Watch the lizard while doing so, and if the lizard heads toward me, return to the opposite side.

If the rhino is charging towards my allies, leave cover to head over in that direction, but do try to stay out of the rhino's way.  The primary goal is to get close enough to my allies that they can be defended from the lizard, if it crosses.

...And if the rhino does attack an ally, prioritizing attacking over fleeing, leap onto its neck and latch on while raking.
You see Fiddler disappear behind a mass of large quadruped and launch. Jsut as the rhinobeast's head comes up, sending Fiddler tumbling, you latch onto the underpart of his neck and dig deep. this seems to have an effect, as the rhino beast begins to buck a bit and thrash it's head sideways and up and down. You get pinched in the folds of it's neck skin, and are being dragged along through the trees and underbrush as the rhino charges on. Ride 'em cowboycat. Yippy kay ey! Also ouch. Those branches sting something fierce.

Darn it, I didn't think to make sure we had at least one person skilled in medicine among us.

I ready my bow during the commotion, but don't aim or draw it just yet. Bronze arrowhead, have another bronze and an iron arrowhead one resting in the grass next to me, ready to be grabbed and fired rapidly if needed. I need to see what the creatures next actions are, and if either one is on the attack.
You ready your weapon. Several things all seem to happen at once, all centered on the rhino, which charges through Fiddler, picking up a passenger (Dar) on the way. it  doesn't seem to be targeting anyone, but it did knock Fiddler into the woods. It's moving fairly fast at this point. Looking back, yo notice the Lizard's gaze has shifted your direction.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67