Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69454 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2016, 07:26:27 pm »

Dar'yajira waits for his group to depart from the fey... thing, and then descends and heads to Aylia.  While walking, he stays about four feet in front of her at all times, making no effort to hide.

"Dartlimb worries this one.  Cat should not have been seen, not by hawk, not by any creature.  Dartlimb is not natural."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2016, 07:16:05 am »

"Now that's the kind of talk I like to hear. Are we off or what?"

If we're off to conduct our part in what is no doubt a most horrific play on a well-known love story trope, let's be off!
l-love s-story? Do tell. In full bardic fashion. or full murderous fashion, as the case may warrant. Why, it's been nearly a whole turn since someone has been murdered in or by Omega. Party tag along mode activated.

"Welp, we all heard her. Lets go everyone. Eye, do you mind getting a early look from above so we can see what we're walking into?"
Go, it's time to help someone out.
I assume ... west?

Do that.
"Will do, Corporal."

I assume ... fly up and look ... west?

Once they're out of earshot, Ebony shows Aylia her notebook. "I transcribed everything that was said, in case we need to refer back to it later."
((Basically IC justification for Aylia to remember the conversation and such in detail later.))
Okay. Good work.

Dar'yajira waits for his group to depart from the fey... thing, and then descends and heads to Aylia.  While walking, he stays about four feet in front of her at all times, making no effort to hide.

"Dartlimb worries this one.  Cat should not have been seen, not by hawk, not by any creature.  Dartlimb is not natural."
All four feet are properly in front of Aylia. No walking between legs and rubbing on shins, as is only right and proper?

So the gang strolls along westward, dishing dirt on there oh so dangerous new acquaintance, While the Eye flies up above and looks ahead at the tops of trees. About five hundred yards ahead, the Eye spots a clearing. Within the clearing is a small brook, babbling along through the rocky strip. he hears some noises of movement from the clearing as well, and reports thesethings through the stones to the rest.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2016, 10:14:04 am »

Dar'yajira remains with Aylia, waiting for orders.  He doesn't rub up against any shins while she walks, but might do so if she stands still.

Follow Aylia's plan, by circling around the right of the clearing stealthily.  Watch for danger, but don't act immediately.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2016, 02:05:53 am »

"Lets not go all at once, ebony, fiddler, could you two take point, enter the clearing, and find out what's going on. Dar circle right, I'll circle left, and Eye go overhead and keep us cordinated. We'll provide support if needed."
Stealthilly circle around the edge of the clearing, staying in the treeline, along the left side. take my time and watch out for ambushes.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:51:33 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2016, 04:47:00 am »

"Right then! Bravely taking point."

Head into the clearing, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2016, 07:01:55 am »

"Alright."

Cautiously enter the clearing.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2016, 07:46:14 am »

Follow Aylia's plan.  So, look at things.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2016, 07:18:18 pm »

Dar'yajira remains with Aylia, waiting for orders.  He doesn't rub up against any shins while she walks, but might do so if she stands still.

Follow Aylia's plan, by circling around the right of the clearing stealthily.  Watch for danger, but don't act immediately.

the clearing drops down an incline, heading toward a ravine, with the stream roughly in the middle of it. it is not a clear patch, but a long gap in the woods. You will have to cros it or move into the ravine,where the trees reach mostly across the stream - to cross in cover. You don't sense anything dangerous as you go.

"Lets not go all at once, ebony, fiddler, could you two take point, enter the clearing, and find out what's going on. Dar circle right, I'll circle left, and Eye go overhead and keep us cordinated. We'll provide support if needed."
Stealthilly circle around the edge of the clearing, staying in the treeline, along the left side. take my time and watch out for ambushes.
You head southward and up. You are forced to climb a bit, and come to a rocky patch overlooking the pools where yourallies have entered the clearing. the open space around the stream continues on southward and up into the hills. You see plenty of bushes, but no ambushes.

"Right then! Bravely taking point."

Head into the clearing, keeping an eye out for trouble.
"Alright."

Cautiously enter the clearing.
You two see what looks like a rhinoceros wallowing in the stream.  Nearby, but on land (on the other side of the stream), is a large lizard - very large. it's tongue idly flicks out of it's mouth, and it's gaze remains on the rhino. the clearing stretches northward, down an incline toward a ravine, and southward, up a rocky hill, before curving out of sight. the stream runs soutward, and pools in several places, such as where the rhino is. neither pays you any mind.

Follow Aylia's plan.  So, look at things.
You see the beings in the clearing ,and track Aylia nd Dar along the edges as well.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2016, 07:36:10 pm »

"Right, you take the big one," says Fiddler to Ebony.

Take the other one.

As in, approach the other one cautiously. Ask it if it's feeling all right. Be ready to dodge.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2016, 07:38:22 pm »

Continue stealthily going along the edge until I reach Dar
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2016, 03:52:30 pm »

Hmm.  How close can Dar'yajira get to Fiddler & Ebony while remaining in cover, but not crossing the river?  If it's close enough that I could act to defend them without wasting a turn moving first, just get there.

If not, and there's closer cover on the other side of the river, move down into the ravine and cross through the trees, then move back towards F&E.

In any case, focus on looking around for something aside from the two animals.  Do try to stay in cover from them, but Dar wouldn't think they have anything to do with our little quest.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2016, 07:16:09 pm »

"Right, you take the big one," says Fiddler to Ebony.

Take the other one.

As in, approach the other one cautiously. Ask it if it's feeling all right. Be ready to dodge.

Which one is the big one and which is the other? You have a rhino sized rhino looking thing in a pool, and a rhino sized lizard thing on the shore (opposite yourself). Stream is wadeable at places, and has small waterfalls up and down stream from the pool. As you approach ,the Rhino thrashes in the water a bit and the lizard raises it's head and it's eyes open fully, pupils slitting.

Continue stealthily going along the edge until I reach Dar
You'll be heading upstream away from the group for the foreseeable future here. You can go upsteram enough to be out of sight and then cross the stream if you want.

Hmm.  How close can Dar'yajira get to Fiddler & Ebony while remaining in cover, but not crossing the river?  If it's close enough that I could act to defend them without wasting a turn moving first, just get there.

If not, and there's closer cover on the other side of the river, move down into the ravine and cross through the trees, then move back towards F&E.

In any case, focus on looking around for something aside from the two animals.  Do try to stay in cover from them, but Dar wouldn't think they have anything to do with our little quest.

You can get close enough to them to dash in and do stuff in the same turn without being seen. We'll say you do that, and crawl along under a rocky ledge toward a cheerful little waterfall twenty or thirty feet from the pool.

Ebony hesitates at the edge of the clearing as Fiddler steps out cautiously, the orb floating about at treetop level ust inside the fringe of the woods.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2016, 07:27:53 pm »

No, don't want to move away from the group. I'll just do similar to what Dar did instead, moving in close enough to support from the opposite side Dar did.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2016, 11:45:45 pm »

The cat's voice quietly whispers from the commstones "This one suggests we ignore giant lizard and gray cow.  Dar'yajira does not believe dartlimb would ask us to interefere in nature, and cat does not believe it can kill giant lizard easily."

Continue watching.  If teammates anger the lizard, abandon cover to jump across the river (that jumping specialization lets Dar do that, right?), and then rush to flank the lizard while casting strength and dex buffs, but not endurance.  Glass cannon buffs.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 67