Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 50456 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!
« Reply #495 on: June 12, 2016, 08:03:05 am »

"Statement: It would seem the base is completely deserted.
Query: What's the plan? Do we loot a bit first or just go straight to destroying everything?"

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 12, 2016, 11:11:41 am »

WE MIGHT AS WELL.

Do a quick sweep for lootables.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 12, 2016, 12:40:43 pm »

Also search for lootables. While doing that, pile up the non-lootable stuff that's flammable.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 12, 2016, 01:05:38 pm »

Nope, just help with the loot collecting and wood stacking.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 12, 2016, 03:28:07 pm »

"Oh, abandoned?  I was sure they had more than thirteen left... oh, well, it's a good opportunity to get better equipment.  Watch for traps."

Keep the magic buff going--lightning's probably our best source of fire right now.  While watching for traps, go find a nice big greatsword, or the biggest sword that's left, and armor.  Maybe a shield or two, and some knives, for telekinetic use.

Then check in the command tent for anything interesting.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 14, 2016, 05:36:52 am »

WE MIGHT AS WELL.

Do a quick sweep for lootables.
As soon as you cros some invisible threshhold, You freeze in place and the world goes bright white for a moment, then still.

For the rest of you, As soon as Terrance, who was first to cross the ridge, he suddenly goes perfectly still, skin shimmering, while a loud alarm begins blaring. You see a faint shimmer run along the ridge outward from Terrance's position. Looks like some kind of trapping alarm spell. Terrance has triggered it, but it looks to still be active.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2016, 06:21:07 am »

((fucking nuke door all over again. Well, that's not entirely fair, but for a second I tasted the salt in my mouth.))

"Statement: wonderful.
Query: So, mordred, how do we proceed?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 14, 2016, 11:19:14 am »

Mordred shrugs "You said the camp was abandoned.  I don't see why we should alter our plans--they probably set up the alarm to alert them if they were attacked while asleep, before they formed the warband.  There might still be more traps though, so could you check please?"

Wait for a farseer to check for more traps, then continue with the looting plan.  Big sword, armor, couple shields, then commander's tent.

Edit: Have Mordred use telekinesis to pull Terrance out of the trap, but preferably not pulling so hard bits come off.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 14, 2016, 11:38:46 am »

"Statement: sure.
Query: what about the spineless one?"

Robutt compute to find other traps. Find a safe way into the camp or a way to shut down the traps as well.

After doing that, see if I can't reverse the traps effects on our tentacled friend with clockwork magic.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:49:24 am by Pancaek »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 14, 2016, 11:48:47 am »

"Statement: It might be possible to reverse the trap's working. I will attempt to do so after my farseeing."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 14, 2016, 12:02:08 pm »

Check the area for signs of invisible life.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 14, 2016, 02:42:02 pm »

If I'm capable of doing so, try to find the source of the trap via farseeing. Not that I can really do much about it at this point.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 14, 2016, 09:14:56 pm »

Mordred shrugs "You said the camp was abandoned.  I don't see why we should alter our plans--they probably set up the alarm to alert them if they were attacked while asleep, before they formed the warband.  There might still be more traps though, so could you check please?"

Wait for a farseer to check for more traps, then continue with the looting plan.  Big sword, armor, couple shields, then commander's tent.

Edit: Have Mordred use telekinesis to pull Terrance out of the trap, but preferably not pulling so hard bits come off.

Mordred requires self control to do this, and you yield it up to him. He then stands erect, proud, and reaches out with his hand and mind and grasps the Octopode with his magic. A swift tug, and Terrance comes free.  The color on his skin returns to normal within seconds, though the alarm continues to wail. A moment later, that is silenced as well.

"Statement: sure.
Query: what about the spineless one?"

Robutt compute to find other traps. Find a safe way into the camp or a way to shut down the traps as well.

After doing that, see if I can't reverse the traps effects on our tentacled friend with clockwork magic.

You link in with Terrance and the two of you use your sight to chase down the magical alarm. As you do this, you feel a sharp tug on Terrance, breaking the link with the alarm. Quickly, you sever the threads holding the alarm together and feel it unravel, creating a hole in the perimeter. You find no other traps in the camp, though you do find a construct - some kind of mobility device. Other than that, the camp remains silent.

Check the area for signs of invisible life.
"hellooooooooo! Anyone there? Heeellllooooooooo?" Nothing comes to your call. "Hey guys, I think it's clear! I don't see anything invisible!"

If I'm capable of doing so, try to find the source of the trap via farseeing. Not that I can really do much about it at this point.
You provide a conduit for Clunkers, and between you you manage to break the alarm, at least in a twenty foot area. remember which way you came in.

Now, for looting - Y'all find the aforementioned construct - a six legged cart with a bed of about six feet by ten feet. It moves on it's own, but when you approach it stands erect, wit hthe bed about five feet up, and becomes rigid. Seems uncooperative.

In some of the tents and in the command center y oufind several items. Altogether:
1 chain mail
1 leather armor
1 studded leather armor

1 hand axe
1 kukri
1 longbow
1 Sling
a pouch containing four deep blue stones with streaks of a brilliant yellow running through them, and another pouch containing two stones of curious design - opaque with complex gemoetric designs on their surface which appear to be within the stone rather than superficial designs.

there's some silk rope and the lock you broke to get to the valuables. There is also a small booklet containing some numbers and notes.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 15, 2016, 10:45:11 am »

Unless somebody else wants them, nab the sling and the pouches of rock. Then head back a bit the way we came, and find someplace I can hide and guard the exit from while people wrap up the looting and the burninating.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37