Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 50634 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #360 on: May 16, 2016, 08:42:04 pm »

Jack is no longer necessary, so I'll stop submitting actions for him.  He can go do whatever demons do. :\

Mordred completely disarms the sentry of any weapons, gags him, and if something ropelike is convenient, ties his hands up.  After all that, he'll start dragging the sentry home.  The knife continues dominating the sentry, and tries to get control of his legs, so that Mordred doesn't need to drag him.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 17, 2016, 02:12:37 pm »

So, try one more time to get it to communicate, without altering the spell in any way. If it doesn't, try to see if it's at least trying to.

If it isn't even trying, Look if the spell will hold indefinately. If it does, just leave it there to rot. If it doesn't, rip and tear it to pieces, so long as I can do that without breaking the spell.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 17, 2016, 04:52:43 pm »

put on wizard's clothing over armor. Pocket the rest of his stuff. Stab at the vineguy a bit and try and see what the wizard guy had on him. Then go move down the path those guys (the mercs) came from
(can we have an update on our inventories and status?))
Arileth is alive and relatively unharmed, and carrying orwearing

leather shirt           punch dagger                      bread and cheese
leather pants         pair of silver pearl dice          spyglass
leather boots         rope ladder
and some sorcerer's clothing for some reason

Clunkers is functional and holding a troll club, and carrying his metronome and humanoid action figure

Terrance is fine and has his special farseeing lense, and the case containing vials and pouches of ingredients, along with magnifying glasses and some small utensils for measuring, mixing, and applying said ingredients, along with his needles and blowgun

Hom is asleep, apparently, having gotten bored after enchanting the corpse of a zombie to do the tarantula dance, bathed in blue.

Solam is undead, currently with severely damaged chest and that one arm that doesn't work anyway, and is covered in blue and is dancing the tarantula. He can speak and I believe he has asked for assistance with his current problem.

You stab at the vineguy, leaving slight gashes in it's vines and hacking off a couple leaves. the grey wizard guy, if that is who you mean, has already been looted.

So, try one more time to get it to communicate, without altering the spell in any way. If it doesn't, try to see if it's at least trying to.

If it isn't even trying, Look if the spell will hold indefinately. If it does, just leave it there to rot. If it doesn't, rip and tear it to pieces, so long as I can do that without breaking the spell.

it's trying. You can tell it's trying. the little mouth on the action figure is wagging up and down and it is gesturing awkwardly to it's face.

Jack is no longer necessary, so I'll stop submitting actions for him.  He can go do whatever demons do. :\

Mordred completely disarms the sentry of any weapons, gags him, and if something ropelike is convenient, ties his hands up.  After all that, he'll start dragging the sentry home.  The knife continues dominating the sentry, and tries to get control of his legs, so that Mordred doesn't need to drag him.

I wonder where Cho Ja has gotten off to these days ...
Anyway Mordred drags the bound guy off, but as he is leaving he hears a commotion up on the hill and peers throgh the brush to see the other sentry turn toward Jack and shout, then a weird little dancing battle happens and a sudden green flash brightens the hill. The three gems in Mordred's pouch explode, and the knife feels a wave of agony wash over it, causing it to lose control entirely of the sentry, who begins making Mordred's job harder again, kicking and thrashing. the knife is otherwise unharmed, but whatever that was, it was strong enough to disrupt its control.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 17, 2016, 05:32:59 pm »

go help the undead man with his issue, after that is done go find a nice slim but sturdy branch to make more jabbing sticks out of
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:28:08 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 17, 2016, 05:59:00 pm »

Numb Zormod's blue pain as much as possible, and see if that affects his condition..

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 17, 2016, 08:17:53 pm »

Cho Ja

well it looks like its time to cause that distraction.

pour a thin line of oil on the ground leading from the oil barrels to where im standing.

make my way back to the tents, keep pouring the oil. if I have enough oil left splash some on the tents.

if im still undetected, light it and sneakily run back out of camp.
if im detected, light it and leg it like a kobold with a dragons gold.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 18, 2016, 10:11:29 am »

"Statement: Ah, progress. This one will loosen the spell, just a little. Do not try anything foolish.
Query: Who are you, who do you work for, what is your mission. Any other information you wish to share is just fine and dandy as well. "

Loosen the binding spell just enough for him to communicate, but no more. Be really careful about this.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 18, 2016, 01:17:23 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

Receive help, thank the helpful comrades.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 18, 2016, 02:56:18 pm »

Try to counteract Zormod's Paine th a spell.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 18, 2016, 04:46:56 pm »

go help the undead man with his issue, after that is done go find a nice slim but sturdy branch to make more jabbing sticks out of
This is very vague. I am going to roll general knowledge here for you. You have a 0 in that.  You look at eh blue Man, note how his chest is caved in, and how everything seems to act independently, while the head lets out a little "help me" while staring at you, eyes dead.

"I don't think stabbing you will help. Nor will looting your corpse, though that might help me somehow. I bet that blue stuff is making you move. If you could somehow control that, I bet you would be able to move on your own.." And with that, you sit down and begin throwing pebbles at the helpless zombie and giggling to yourself. You miss more often than you hit.

Numb Zormod's blue pain as much as possible, and see if that affects his condition..
Try to counteract Zormod's Paine th a spell.
Double post! Red alert! and the second one is illegible! I get to roll a special die now!

Actually, I'm not going to do that. You hear Arileth speculate that the blue stuff is moving Solam's otherwise broken body, and Solam himself tells you it doesn't hurt, as he is dead and cannot feel the pain, so for this round you do nothing. Well, you start throwing pebbles at him, and at Arileth, while you contemplate the situation. You are much more accurate than Arileth with your throws.

"Statement: Ah, progress. This one will loosen the spell, just a little. Do not try anything foolish.
Query: Who are you, who do you work for, what is your mission. Any other information you wish to share is just fine and dandy as well. "

Loosen the binding spell just enough for him to communicate, but no more. Be really careful about this.
The little action figure speaks for the vinethngy when you loosen the control. "IamamercenerywithDormand'sRangersIleftmyhimeduringagreatconflagrationandwanderedtheearthforsometimebeforejoiningabandofpersonsfightingforsomeunknownreasonthyetookm
einandihavesincebeenwiththemupuntilwealltogetherjoinedthisoutfitforbetterpayandrewardsweweresentheretodealwithsomeparasitessothatcaravanscouldfreelypassthroughtistroubledregionandre
sourcescouldbeacquiredthatwouldotherwiseremainoutofreachtheonewithgreasymagicisunsavorabletheonewithanturalmagicisacceptablethelargestrudyoneisacceptablebutnonearetheonesijoinedwi
thmycompanionsremainandiwouldreturntothemandcontinuetofightorfindaplaceinthisworldorantoher."

Edit: oops, hit the post button too soon One moment ...

Solam Kobemtosed

Receive help, thank the helpful comrades.

"thanks a lot, jerks."

Cho Ja

well it looks like its time to cause that distraction.

pour a thin line of oil on the ground leading from the oil barrels to where im standing.

make my way back to the tents, keep pouring the oil. if I have enough oil left splash some on the tents.

if im still undetected, light it and sneakily run back out of camp.
if im detected, light it and leg it like a kobold with a dragons gold.

You get a line of oil from the barrels out of the building before someone comes and notices something is wrong.
hmm, I seem to have failed to keep your inventory quite in order in my spreadsheet. I see the daggers, but not a flint and steel, though I suspect that there was some firestarting equipment available. Well, I'll roll for getting that started.
Success! The flame races down the trail of oil and up nto the barrels. they don't explode like in the movies, but they do burn, and this definitely causes alarm. time to cheese it.
You are seen running from the end of the fire trail, and an alarm goes off. You are being pursued, and possibly surrounded. Godspeed, little kobold. Godspeed.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 04:53:43 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 18, 2016, 04:55:30 pm »

Well enough fun? Take what ever the ex Blue man group member has, not like he's going to need it anymore, and head off in the direction the mercs came from..stick to the woods, try to focus on becoming harder to see.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 18, 2016, 05:41:55 pm »

cho ja

run faster, if mercs get too close use innate magic to create a short burst of noxious and/or toxic gas to distract and immobilise them.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 18, 2016, 10:04:28 pm »

...Huh, thought I posted.  Well, the knife tries to regain control over the sentry while Mordred holds him down, with his force magic.  If the sentry is very well bound and stands little chance of escaping, Mordred will instead continue dragging him away from the merc camp.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 18, 2016, 10:43:35 pm »

HMMMM.... PERHAPS I COULD TRY SOME OF THESE CHEMICALS ON THE- HEY! GET BACK HERE!

Stop Arileth quite literally in his tracks, with a quick bolt of pain to his legs. Ponder our options for healing Solam.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 19, 2016, 12:31:19 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed
Do by best to screw Arileth over if he reaches for my gear. Maybe try to spread the pain to him?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37