Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 50417 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!
« Reply #525 on: June 19, 2016, 11:04:53 am »

"I have the sinking feeling that you're right, my metallic friend."

Relinquish control to Mordred, telling him to draw the dagger, and buff his magic as much as possible.  Tell him not to attack until it's clear the mage is a hostile, though.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 19, 2016, 11:15:16 am »

"Weary Query: So tell me, shadowy figure, what do you want from us?"

SHould the shadowy figure try to attack, attempt to neutralize any magics he uses by reversing their mechanics using clockwork magic, rendering them null. UUse robutt computing in conjunction for extra processing pwoer, if it comes to violence.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 19, 2016, 12:14:07 pm »

Be ready to draw my blowpipe if the figure attacks.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:04:36 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 19, 2016, 02:40:58 pm »

Grab my sword, await clarification.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 20, 2016, 08:07:13 pm »

The figure throws back his head and laughs.

"A much better response."
 He holds up his arm, revealing the Omega Brand tracing from his wrist up, disappearing under his sleeve.

"Well, you have thrown the mercenaries into disarray. They will very probably leave now, but they might not. perhaps they will hunt you, looking for revenge. Or perhaps they will attempt to compensate for their losses from the community hereabouts."

The figure pauses and examines his hostile audience.

"Perhaps you would like to ensure that the job is finished properly? that is up to you. I am ready to return you to Omega. Word from above is that the contract has been completed. You are no longer needed here."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 20, 2016, 11:55:10 pm »

Ask Mordred what he wants.  Assuming he isn't particularly interested in continuing to fight the mercs, say the below.  If he is, say the opposite, I guess.

Mordred visibly relaxes, returning his jeweled dagger to its hiding place  "I, for one, am ready to be done with this mission.  We've already taken remarkable losses, considering the relative lack of direct engagement, and I don't feel like risking myself against more mercs--at least, not for a bunch of idiotic greenskins."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 21, 2016, 06:32:56 am »

"Query: A much better response than what?
Suggestion: You really might want to start off with revealing that brand in the future, to avoid misunderstandings.
Statement: This one believes we are ready to leave. If the legion wishes us to defeat all of the mercs and protect the surrounding communities, they should have issued a mission stating thus.
statement: This one has brought this creature of vines here. It wishes to find its place in the world, and this one has offered it recruitement in the Omega Legion. This one hopes that it will make a fine legionnaire."

Say above to the shadowy figure, but otherwise I'm ready to go.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:40:33 am by Pancaek »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 21, 2016, 01:19:08 pm »

"I left some equipment at our dropoff point, and would like to retrieve it before we go. I am fine with leaving it, if we are in a hurry."

Say above, be mostly ready to leave.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2016, 06:17:16 am »

Ask Mordred what he wants.  Assuming he isn't particularly interested in continuing to fight the mercs, say the below.  If he is, say the opposite, I guess.

Mordred visibly relaxes, returning his jeweled dagger to its hiding place  "I, for one, am ready to be done with this mission.  We've already taken remarkable losses, considering the relative lack of direct engagement, and I don't feel like risking myself against more mercs--at least, not for a bunch of idiotic greenskins."
Mordred thirsts for power, but he is disappointed in the possibility of accumulating power form the mercs, so go he will.

"Query: A much better response than what?
Suggestion: You really might want to start off with revealing that brand in the future, to avoid misunderstandings.
Statement: This one believes we are ready to leave. If the legion wishes us to defeat all of the mercs and protect the surrounding communities, they should have issued a mission stating thus.
statement: This one has brought this creature of vines here. It wishes to find its place in the world, and this one has offered it recruitement in the Omega Legion. This one hopes that it will make a fine legionnaire."

Say above to the shadowy figure, but otherwise I'm ready to go.
"A much better response than walking blindly into a possible trap."
"Misunderstandings are underrated. The ycan be quite entertaining. Quite entertaining indeed" he smiles darkly, showing pointed teeth. "and sometimes quite profitable."
"The Legion has stated it's wishes."
"Oh, a recruit? A voluntary recruit? Fascinating! Let's see what we have here." He then begins communicating with the vine creature. Your mannequin gibbers at first, dialing up into a whine, before cutting out in sudden silence.
"Very well, take this coin, and repeat the oath." The vine creature reaches out and lifts the coin from his hand, and a moment later, you all feel a slight tug at your brands.
"Well done. See the quartermasters when we return, Clunkers. You will receive a bonus for your recruitment."

"I left some equipment at our dropoff point, and would like to retrieve it before we go. I am fine with leaving it, if we are in a hurry."

Say above, be mostly ready to leave.
Let's just assume you brought it after picking up the vine guy, mkay?

You all are directed to head into the alley. Y oucross the open village center and head around the edge of a building into a dark, narrow passage between a couple buildings - a smithy and a stable, from the look and smell. You walk down the alley which seems longer than possible for such a small town, before the walls give way to rocks, and the air heats again. The familiar smell of desert, dust, rock and heat welcomes you home.

Post your level ups here (five points for skills, five for stats) and questions. Feel free to pm me with bonus recommendations too - toot your own horns as well as others for role play, for successes, etc. Pancaek, pm me regarding yourself, as I have something in mind, but it's early and I haven't been thinking perfectly. Syv, pm me regarding the knife and Mordred. We'll try to flesh this out a little so it works more smoothly, gameplay wise. Tel me your impressions and how you would like to proceed.

For any equipment related things, or to experiment with potions, etc, go to the Omega thread and find an npc.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 22, 2016, 08:33:42 am »

If we level skill mastery, can we add more skill specializations? And if so, what restrictions are there on the specializations we choose?

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 22, 2016, 05:22:51 pm »

+5 speed;+5 Skill Mastery/specialization,(biting) if possible.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 23, 2016, 05:21:53 am »

If we level skill mastery, can we add more skill specializations? And if so, what restrictions are there on the specializations we choose?
skill mastery works like this: at -2you get no skills. at -1 you get 2, at 0 you get 3, at +1 you get 4, at +2 you get 5 and on it goes to the max of +4.

As for restrictions - well, keep it in line with your character, or with the events your character recently experienced, generally. I'm pretty open to unique skills and whatnot, so don't hesitate to ask.

+5 speed;+5 Skill Mastery/specialization,(biting) if possible.
this works. Speed and skills set to 0, and biting is added to your specializations.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 23, 2016, 09:55:04 am »

+5 Constitution
+5 Ranged Weapons

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 23, 2016, 07:58:14 pm »

+5 Constitution
+5 Ranged Weapons

that brings con to 0 and ranged to 1

Can I delay the Knife's levelup until I resume playing it, if I ever do so?
sure. remind me when you do. or if.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37