Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59172 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(7/9): Night 3: The mastermind, lynched!
« Reply #405 on: June 23, 2016, 05:55:13 pm »

First Post!!!
...I'm that guy
And TBF beat me.  I am now sad

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(7/9): Day 4: You make Null weep.
« Reply #406 on: June 23, 2016, 06:34:08 pm »

"Why do you not die?"

Votecount Initiating:

Votecount:
Deus Asmoth(0): []
griffinpup(0): []
Jack A T(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
Wozzy(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []
Tiruin(0): []

Day will end 6:30 P.M. central/forum time Monday.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(7/9): Night 3: The mastermind, lynched!
« Reply #407 on: June 23, 2016, 06:35:37 pm »

First Post!!!
...I'm that guy
The Wheel of Fortune, The Wheel of Fortune, The Hermit. No idea how you drew the same card twice.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 23, 2016, 07:08:37 pm »

No deaths again...

I guess since he's dead, I don't have to respond to TBF's question.

I'm ready to basically reveal everything about my role. I just need an answer from 6/7 of you.

Everyone except for Tiruin: What are your thoughts about Tiruin?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 23, 2016, 07:15:32 pm »

No deaths again...

I'm ready to basically reveal everything about my role. I just need an answer from 6/7 of you.

They aren't confirmed. I'm naturally suspicious of them.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 23, 2016, 07:35:09 pm »

Bit of a busy time for me, unfortunately.
For now, first, a general post to respond to questions and ask more.  Next, a giant pile of griffinpup response.  When I find time, I'll go through the whole game to examine TBF's relationships with each player and give comments and questions (and quite likely a vote) based on that.

Until then, my vote's defaulting to griffinpup, for evasiveness, deflection, and a disregard for the truth.

Also, I'm leaning towards a massclaim today.

BHK: First, why target griffinpup last night?  Second, preparing my griffinpup response reminded me of your D1 commentary on self-preservation (final position here).  To avoid being lynched, you misled the town about how you ended up hammering NQT.  In your eyes, what made that the right context for self-preservation?

I would've been voting griffinpup as pressure but a re-read gets me back to being vague
Tiruin: Why and why?  Also, good luck with the defense.

I blocked him because you and Tiruin seemed unlikely to be mafia to me at the time and NQT seemed slightly more likely to be scum than 4mask at the time as I recall. Plus I figured that if he were scum along with one of the newer players he'd be more likely to do the kill so that they wouldn't have to fake claim an action later.
Deus: Can you recall why NQT seemed more likely to be scum than 4mask?

Wozzy: I'll need to reexamine her posts, but first and foremost, she's Tiruin and she's busy.  A lot of what she's done so far is pretty standard behaviour for her, and she's long been tough to read.  The joy she has found in being Queen is completely unsurprising.  I have a mild gut town lean on her, but a glance back shows her leaning town on TBF.  The TBF relationship examination I intend to do may change my read significantly.

A question for you, by the way.

For posterity: TBF, scum, was the most frequent poster.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 23, 2016, 07:38:16 pm »

griffinpup:
Spoiler: Wall of Text! (click to show/hide)
Jack:
Speaking of, you've claimed some stuffs.  Do you have a concise roleclaim? Maybe I missed it.
The best summary is probably this one, but I can give a more concise and complete one right here:
*I am Canadian Criminal Code s. 49.
*Day action: Pass the Crown.  Makes someone the Queen of Canada, giving them an auto that says that.  Can only be done when no living player is Queen.
*Night action: unclaimed.
*Auto: Enforcement of the Law.  Can activate once per phase.  Stops a kill or hammer.  Kills are blocked, and hammers result in the hammerer losing their vote for the rest of the day.  Flavour: Canadian jail.  Cannot trigger in a LYLO phase.

I do have a question for you, though: why should I have answered this?  You asked for no new information.  You could have searched my posts for the parts of the claim.  By your logic, you would have likely ignored this question, viewing it as a boring waste of time, yes?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 23, 2016, 07:53:22 pm »

BHK: First, why target griffinpup last night?  Second, preparing my griffinpup response reminded me of your D1 commentary on self-preservation (final position here).  To avoid being lynched, you misled the town about how you ended up hammering NQT.  In your eyes, what made that the right context for self-preservation?
I targeted griffinpup because they aren't in a position to use any power granted to them through my reading against the town without anyone noticing. The reasoning for lynching NQT was straight up confusion, but I indeed did end up misleading people. The reason I think I have value is because I can use my readings to assist the town, and I can delay any potentially bad cards I draw for a townie with Rework Fate. Tiruin and Deus should have truthful investigative results from my readings, which is why I'm waiting until they out them before I act.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 23, 2016, 08:33:42 pm »

Ok so PFP because THESIS WORRIES

BHK: What tarots hit me again?

First Post!!!
...I'm that guy
What do you mean?
First Post!!!
...I'm that guy
The Wheel of Fortune, The Wheel of Fortune, The Hermit. No idea how you drew the same card twice.
...I feel like you're responding to something but what? @_@

No deaths again...

I'm going to die tonight based on BHK's words :v
Why are you insistent on passing the spotlight on me?

For some reason I have learned Wozzy's role (but not his alignment) and he's a Miller-type (he has an auto that identifies him as Mafia).
I know your whole role buddy. You stink of necromantic themes. You have a one-shot kill action that you haven't yet used that has an apparent sign upon use. You also have two actions that are annoying, and one of them is pertinently unclaimed in public. What use was that one action that I presume had already been used?
Fallacy: While I cannot copy PMs from the mod, may I copy whatever instance of the PMs I am able to dictate? :3

I would've been voting griffinpup as pressure but a re-read gets me back to being vague
Tiruin: Why and why?  Also, good luck with the defense.
I'll get back to this later on but it was something about his post and how he worded it that got to me :v

I'm all ears for a massclaim.

Wozzy: I'll need to reexamine her posts, but first and foremost, she's Tiruin and she's busy.  A lot of what she's done so far is pretty standard behaviour for her, and she's long been tough to read. The joy she has found in being Queen is completely unsurprising.  I have a mild gut town lean on her, but a glance back shows her leaning town on TBF.  The TBF relationship examination I intend to do may change my read significantly.

A question for you, by the way.

For posterity: TBF, scum, was the most frequent poster.
You made my day, dude. XD

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 23, 2016, 08:38:54 pm »

Tiruin...if you know my role, and you know what my unused ability does...why would you vote me?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 23, 2016, 08:46:37 pm »

Ok so PFP because THESIS WORRIES

BHK: What tarots hit me again?

First Post!!!
...I'm that guy
What do you mean?
First Post!!!
...I'm that guy
...I feel like you're responding to something but what? @_@

No deaths again...

I'm going to die tonight based on BHK's words :v
Why are you insistent on passing the spotlight on me?

For some reason I have learned Wozzy's role (but not his alignment) and he's a Miller-type (he has an auto that identifies him as Mafia).
I know your whole role buddy. You stink of necromantic themes. You have a one-shot kill action that you haven't yet used that has an apparent sign upon use. You also have two actions that are annoying, and one of them is pertinently unclaimed in public. What use was that one action that I presume had already been used?
1. The Empress (Gain an additional action useable beyond death)
2. The High Priestess (Learn a random players role, but not alignment )
3. Death (You die.)

Wozzy opened a quick topic with me offering to skip N4 so you don't die, and I assumed he had the ability to. Seriously consider whether Wozzy dying is beneficial.

And as to the response, I was telling Griffinpup what I drew for them.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 23, 2016, 08:54:42 pm »

As Tiruin is acting like an idiot right now, I'll just roleclaim, so you can decide what to do with her.

One of my abilities is select a player at night that I wish to talk to for the next phase. On N2, I used this on BHK so that I can figure out how his death card works.

My next ability is, as Tiruin pointed out, a daykill. It basically kills someone at the end of the day, after the lynch.

My last ability is the ability to skip the next phase entirely. Which means that when I use it now, I skip N4.

Fallacy did not specify whether this would prevent the death card or not, but I have a hunch it might, since BHK says it occurs during the night phase.

I guess take it as you will. I don't think Tiruin is scum, I just think she isn't thinking clearly.

Also, Ninja'd

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 23, 2016, 08:55:39 pm »

As Tiruin is acting like an idiot right now, I'll just roleclaim, so you can decide what to do with her.

OK, what made you think like that? :v It was a pressure vote since it would be very redundant for MAFIA to have an auto that is Mafia.

Rude much. >_>

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 23, 2016, 09:53:22 pm »

Fallacy: While I cannot copy PMs from the mod, may I copy whatever instance of the PMs I am able to dictate? :3
I don't entirely understand your question, so I'll give you the answer as I understand it:

Directly copying and pasting PM communications from me into the thread is a no.

If you paraphrase, it should be fine, however.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(9/9): Day 2: Nobody dead?
« Reply #419 on: June 23, 2016, 10:25:59 pm »

OK, what made you think like that? :v It was a pressure vote since it would be very redundant for MAFIA to have an auto that is Mafia.

Rude much. >_>

Can y'all not vote willy nilly next time, and just use FoS? I mean, that was 3 votes on NQT that could have easily been an FoS instead, because Jack didn't even show his proof until afterwards. It's that fucking simple.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33