Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59362 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(9/9): Day 2: Nobody dead?
« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2016, 12:49:04 pm »

@griffinpup:It's also true.  Although I can't prove it to you, which is the problem.  I mean, I could prove it to myself but that wouldn't do anything.
What are you talking about?
@griffinpup, how did I defend Deus? I gave my reason for being suspicious of him.
The Deus Asmoth thing seems to be reaching for me, but there is some merit in it.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2016, 12:50:35 pm »

Quick post right now for the key material.  I'll answer questions next, after my tea.

I think it's time for me to partially claim.

As I said yesterday, "I just handle the law."  In fact, I am the law.

I am Canadian Criminal Code s. 49, the crime of alarming the Queen.  I have a day action that assigns the title of Queen of Canada to someone (Tiruin), a night action I won't reveal right now, and an auto.  Once per phase (except LYLO day phases), if the Queen would be hammered or killed (which would surely alarm her), the hammerer or killer is instead thrown into Canadian Jail.  Hammerers lose their vote for the rest of the day (but we never hammer here, so that's fine), and killers are blocked.

I had a hunch, when we woke up with no dead, that someone tried to kill Tiruin.  On a lark, I decided to ask around to see if anyone was thrown into Canadian Jail.

Jack, did you throw me in Canadian Jail specifically or is it randomised?
HOLY SHIT THIS ACTUALLY WORKED

NQT, would you care to explain to us why you tried to kill Tiruin last night and then lied about it today?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2016, 01:15:52 pm »

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2016, 01:17:25 pm »

NQT: Clarification of the 'lied about it' comment: took your 'Tiruin was blocked' statement as your claimed action, which in hindsight, isn't absolutely clear.  Where did you get that info exactly, while in jail?

Jack, how do you feel about my suspicions?
Wozzy: They're a set.  Can you give any examples of Tiruin avoiding questions?  Also, what do you generally think of rolefishing, and why ask so much about roles and actions right now?

Was ANYBODY not roleblocked?  I feel like this happened to a LOT of people.
TBF: What gives you the impression of mass roleblocking, and how did you miss BHK's claimed action?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2016, 01:28:56 pm »

@Jack:A lot of people said they were.  Or I saw a few people saying it and nobody else saying they weren't.

How did I what now?  I didn't miss their claimed action, I tried to confirm yesterday's claim that it was RNG-based before day started.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2016, 04:49:53 pm »

Jack:
Deus Asmoth: What was it that you were trying to learn through this question, and why?
BHK
And when I realize that BHK never actually FoS'd me.  Wow.  I'm losing my touch.

But given that, it's pretty clear that you're making an argument from false pretenses, Jack.  My statement wasn't in response to the FoS, it was in response to BHK saying that Town self-preservation was bad.  Especially considering we're all powered roles, losing really useful abilities is a bad thing.
Are we to infer that your role is really useful, then?
I'm going to go with 'maybe'.  In the right circumstances, it can be amazingly useful.  There aren't any of those yet.  And I doubt there will be.
Your thought process seems a bit odd to me then. Why bring up the importance of preserving useful roles as relevant to you wanting to stay alive if you think your role is unlikely to be useful?

Tiruin:  ( ¡Hi! )

It seemed like something worth clarifying (as above) since otherwise it just felt like a hanging threat of 'don't lynch me or you'll regret it'. Do you disagree?

NQT
Deus Asmoth
So, no deaths. A cult seems like it would be against the flavour of the game comsidering how much our host wants us to kill each other, so presumably we have some kind of doctor/bulletproof person.
This seems really telling to me, as it's all from the perspective of someone that tried to kill but their target survived. You don't consider the scum being blocked or choosing not to kill and you dismiss a cult. Who did you try to kill so unsuccessfully, Deus?
Why would I consider the scum choosing not to kill to be more likely than their kill being prevented? Does that seem more likely to you?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2016, 10:53:57 pm »

Bluhbluhblubbhh am still not feeling that good ._. and will continue my posts from last I read.

So!

Jacque
Everyone: To clarify: Did anyone end up in what's likely a Canadian jail as understood by their in-flavour character?
If it means being Queen...maybe :P
But reading my PM, nup. I got redirected-ole'blocked. And I'm saying this because I skimmed ahead and can note that I'm inferring a tie between NQT and BHK, but the latter has a good note on him while I'm curious on the former.
Skip to next page, woah @_@

NQT

Tiruin, there was no kill last night. I learned that someone had blocked you. This makes you suspect #2.

But suspect #1 is:

Deus Asmoth
So, no deaths. A cult seems like it would be against the flavour of the game comsidering how much our host wants us to kill each other, so presumably we have some kind of doctor/bulletproof person.
This seems really telling to me, as it's all from the perspective of someone that tried to kill but their target survived. You don't consider the scum being blocked or choosing not to kill and you dismiss a cult. Who did you try to kill so unsuccessfully, Deus?
Err, me being suspect #2 on a more empirical basis, compared to someone else on a more 'structure of language' basis seems strange. How did DA sound, in such a way that it became telling for you to shift your vote from me?
Next is, I know you're a watcher-type. :3 Muhwahwaha Queenly powers of deduction.

BHK
BHK: So, if you don't mind telling us, why did you specifically target Tiruin knowing that whatever this is could happen?
Because that outcome was a less than 10 percent chance. At least Death's effect won't kick in until the end of Night 4, and the other two effects are fine.
Y'know this subtly tells me that this action isn't a separate action--it's an action that has multiple effects happening after you use it, with a chance % of such an effect happening. :P
...SHALL I DIE BY LEAD POISONING NOW?!
Are you aware of the outcome that happened?

griffin
JACK:  Well BHK's role is a little more outlined now, but it looked like he was a blindfolded guy running around with a shotgun and candy.  If he is a blindfolded guy with a shotgun and candy, then he'd be the most costless town to lynch, and a useful mafia kill.  He's apparently a little bit different then that, though, so keeping him around might be a good idea.  I'm not undecided though.
Dem words, yo.
What makes him a useful Mafia kill here?
Woozy:  Why are you rolefishing?... To pretty much everyone in the game??  Except... Dues Asmoth... Who you also subtly defended...
So FoS'ing me that I'm missing questions is rolefishing? :P
This is more to humor your 'everyone' but I'm interested if you have the time.

Wozzy (sounds like fuzzy ^ ^)
@Jack, see everything below.

BHK looks suspicious, but, assuming Tiruin can confirm their results, I would be tempted to throw BHK into the town pile. An ability like that doesn't make sense for scum.

Tiruin seems to be avoiding most questions. This doesn't seem a good enough reason to vote her though, so I'm just gonna FoS. She also has the whole "trying to use her to confirm Jack/BHK thing, so I wouldn't vote her anyways. You got lucky :P

This part is interesting: Who told you Tiruin was roleblocked NQT (note: I may not have read this days chat right)? I guess another question is, did you get roleblocked by the jail?
I like that you finally bolded my name :D
I don't like that you say I missed questions without giving me linkies T_T I did say I was PFPing (meaning I'M BUSY [being the Queen]) {but in all seriousness--assume sincerity of busyness}
If I 'seem to be avoiding "most" questions', redirect me to them...and then make a point underneath it to detail what the connection is between your observations and this instance. It can go many ways like 'They seem to be avoiding questions because busy' or in a more Mafia-esque term, there's the usual 'UNCOMFY WITH MAH QUESTIONS, SCUM?!' theme.
So what is it? And what questions? Are these pertinent questions?

4mask
I'm not trying to defend TBF--I just know his personality ALOT. (Heheh, alot.)
Was ANYBODY not roleblocked?  I feel like this happened to a LOT of people.
...TheBiggerFish

This sounds terribly much like a scum trying to weasel out of claiming their actions.  Claiming an action that's unconfirmable or saying you were roleblocked, particularly when others have noted the presence of roleblocks and it is thus a legitimate cover, is a classic trick.  These posts don't paint a very good picture when combined with your overreaction earlier to getting mildly poked.
So...rather than me speaking on behalf of him, it's more me following my leads on him in reading his response to you since this all happened before I post this post. :v
That said...this is how he usually acts. :P Speculating ideas in the open.
And personally considering his internal consistency (another term in psychoanalytics which I feel silly in applying here because of the 'internal' mechanisms being 'his behavior'), he's pretty much being genuine in THE QUEEN's eye.

I love being THE QUEEN just to be able to say these things. :D

Also, people, stop editing.  You're not allowed to edit.
Myuhh. I noticed Wozzy did that IN HIS POST BEFORE D1 END but then I was too tired to poke Fallacy, but then it kept happening but I didn't poke it in time. :v

Back to Jack
Quick post right now for the key material.  I'll answer questions next, after my tea.

I think it's time for me to partially claim.

As I said yesterday, "I just handle the law."  In fact, I am the law.

I am Canadian Criminal Code s. 49, the crime of alarming the Queen.  I have a day action that assigns the title of Queen of Canada to someone (Tiruin), a night action I won't reveal right now, and an auto.  Once per phase (except LYLO day phases), if the Queen would be hammered or killed (which would surely alarm her), the hammerer or killer is instead thrown into Canadian Jail.  Hammerers lose their vote for the rest of the day (but we never hammer here, so that's fine), and killers are blocked.

I had a hunch, when we woke up with no dead, that someone tried to kill Tiruin.  On a lark, I decided to ask around to see if anyone was thrown into Canadian Jail.

Jack, did you throw me in Canadian Jail specifically or is it randomised?
HOLY SHIT THIS ACTUALLY WORKED

NQT, would you care to explain to us why you tried to kill Tiruin last night and then lied about it today?
If I had that meme of a person expressing inner peace (what with the hands thing and the face thing), I'd be doing it to a personification of tea and the Queen here, because this post had me all Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Mhmm.
That said, I'm a protector :3 Fair coincidence that I'm now being protected--I can sacrifice my potential to protect once every cycle to shotgun everyone with a protection.
Also what was your first impression of this thing with Jack, 4mask?
While I am amused (You have amused the Queen.), I am still curious--Jack has a splendid way with words that I still am not considering this void of innocence given the audacity of his claim (and his partial claim which seems to be disconnected to pushing an idea impactfully--although it does add to plausible information)

But let's get down to business.
Jack: What prompted you to target NQT?
NQT: What prompted you to target me?
BHK: What prompted you to target me?

In hindsight, this is by far the only game where I've seen someone ask 'anyone got info on being jailed' -> "Yes" (no questioning why), and then the lead is followed by itself.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2016, 11:03:32 pm »

@Tiruin:Define "shotgun everyone with a protection" a bit?

I want to know whether I should be worrying.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2016, 11:06:58 pm »

Also, considering that it seems rather beyond doubt that NQT tried to kill Tiruin last night by their own admission, NQT.

The interesting thing is, there has to be more than one roleblocker, or a multi-targeter. 

I'm kind of surprised at that.
Sigtext

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 09, 2016, 11:10:37 pm »

Turian:
griffin
JACK:  Well BHK's role is a little more outlined now, but it looked like he was a blindfolded guy running around with a shotgun and candy.  If he is a blindfolded guy with a shotgun and candy, then he'd be the most costless town to lynch, and a useful mafia kill.  He's apparently a little bit different then that, though, so keeping him around might be a good idea.  I'm not undecided though.
Dem words, yo.
What makes him a useful Mafia kill here?
Woozy:  Why are you rolefishing?... To pretty much everyone in the game??  Except... Dues Asmoth... Who you also subtly defended...
So FoS'ing me that I'm missing questions is rolefishing? :P
This is more to humor your 'everyone' but I'm interested if you have the time.
1.  When is killing a mafia not useful?
2. No, asking everyone their role/what they were doing last night is rolefishing :P
Not sure how to humor you, not sure what you're asking.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 09, 2016, 11:14:12 pm »

BHK
BHK: So, if you don't mind telling us, why did you specifically target Tiruin knowing that whatever this is could happen?
Because that outcome was a less than 10 percent chance. At least Death's effect won't kick in until the end of Night 4, and the other two effects are fine.
Y'know this subtly tells me that this action isn't a separate action--it's an action that has multiple effects happening after you use it, with a chance % of such an effect happening. :P
...SHALL I DIE BY LEAD POISONING NOW?!
Are you aware of the outcome that happened?
BHK: What prompted you to target me?
Alright, some more information. I draw a random three cards from my "deck" holding 11 Major Arcana Tarot Cards, and use them to read someone's fate, which gives different effects for the three nights after the reading, depending on the card I drew. For you I drew The Empress, The High Priestess, and Death, in that order. Due to The Empress's design, it's effect will take place on Night 3 alongside The High Priestess. I'm not stating the effects of the two until they take action. Death, however, if you are town, was a very bad card to draw. On Night 4, when Death kicks in, you will be immediately killed, bypassing all redirections, protections, or any other actions that could otherwise interfere with a kill and it's intended target. It is, however, not considered a kill action, for some reason. This is why I'm telling you to make the most of the time you have for the game.

I targeted you because you becoming queen and all that would naturally warrant an investigation due to the attention, and if you turned up mafia, we would remove you from the game before any beneficial card effects took place, which made you a safe target.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2016, 11:16:49 pm »

@griffinpup:Mafia kill is used to refer to the Mafia's nightkill.  You were probably looking for 'scummy'.  Although the possibility of a Freudian typo or something merits a FoS.

Also griffinpup: Why and how are you able to be so specific with your assessment of BHK's role?  Except you aren't.  Ninjas.
Sigtext

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2016, 11:22:38 pm »

Tiruin: I did not target NQT (in fact, I did not take any action last night), and the partial claim is quite connected to the point about NQT.
Essentially:
*Yesterday, I made you Queen of Canada.  This, as noted in my partial claim, comes with some protection.
*Importantly, those who try to kill you have their kills fail (well, once per phase), as they are placed in Canadian jail.
*Canadian jail shows up in night flavour as, well, Canadian jail (as understood by the killer's in-flavour character).
*We had no death last night.  I had a hunch that someone might have tried to kill you.
*On a lark, I asked if anyone had been thrown into Canadian jail.
*NQT basically said that he had been thrown into Canadian jail, asking me whether his Canadian jailing was random or my specific decision.
NQT was thrown into Canadian jail last night, by his own admission.  This means he tried to kill you last night, and failed.  There was no successful scumkill last night.

I wonder what happened.

How did I what now?  I didn't miss their claimed action, I tried to confirm yesterday's claim that it was RNG-based before day started.
TBF: BHK claimed earlier today that he had hit Tiruin with some RNG-based tarot card thing.  There was a whole big discussion about it and stuff.
Also, considering that it seems rather beyond doubt that NQT tried to kill Tiruin last night by their own admission, NQT.
This is...huh?  I mean, I agree from my POV, but huh?  Do I look like a confirmed townie to you?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2016, 11:29:37 pm »

@Jack:Yes, you do.

@Jack:Yes, and I was talking about my night action, which got blocked somehow.

Jack:There's been some inconsistency on this point:Is it one kill per person per phase, or one kill per phase that is blocked by Canadian Jail?
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2016, 11:29:49 pm »

On one hand, I don't think NQT would just fall for that.
On the other hand, it's simple enough for an advanced player to overlook.

So, I'll just vote NQT, and read Jack's fate if he rolls mafia, because what are the odds I'm going to draw a card with a 9.09% chance of being drawn twice in a row?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33