Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59316 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(9/9): Day 2: Nobody dead?
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2016, 06:34:12 pm »

2. Well I'm against the TDS lynch-vote, obviously.  Turiun's vote was on NQT, and immediately on day 2 NQT voted Turiun, seemingly a little unduly defensive.  BHK did this funny claiming thing which he admitted was just to cover himself in case it backfired.  That's pretty suspicious.  Of course, town and mafia have incentive to do that, but he kinda feels like a safe lynch target
What incentive would I have to do so on day one? Why wouldn't I do so if I'm completely aware that my action is RNG based? The best I can do is warn the town beforehand so I don't end up dead over a potentially better suspect because I wanted to neglect to tell the town potentially important information to save my own hide later on. There is no benefit to keeping things to myself.
Oh come.  You also admitted that you had significant control of what happens as well. and the reason is to not put a target on your back, and therefore get killed anyways.  Of course, mafia doesn't have that concern.
-snip
1 - Extremely. My own judgement also plays a major role
-snip
Do you point the gun or do you pull the trigger?
1 - I have control over the sequence of what happens, not what actually happens. And attention isn't selective, if I'm attracting attention, the town is going to notice just as fast as the mafia.

2 - One target. Three outcomes chosen from eleven possibilities. I just point the gun. It's up to fate what kind of round I fired.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2016, 06:44:31 pm »

BHK:  I accept UNFOS

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2016, 08:35:35 pm »

Everyone: Quick question: Did anyone end up in Canadian jail last night?

4maskwolf: Way back, you said you found TBF's reference to you "jumping on him" piqued your curiousity.  What do you think of it now?

Are we to infer that your role is really useful, then?
Deus Asmoth: What was it that you were trying to learn through this question, and why?

Real post coming eventually, but If anyone has past questions that they'd like me to answer, let me know.  Also NQT, why so suspicious?
Are you really asking me why I am suspicious of others in a game of mafia?
NQT: Are you really reading griffinpup's question as if its context (an unexplained vote) doesn't exist?

Wozzy: Have you seen anything suspicious so far?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2016, 08:37:17 pm »

I saw no mention of jail last night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2016, 09:48:00 pm »

Real post coming eventually, but If anyone has past questions that they'd like me to answer, let me know.  Also NQT, why so suspicious?
Are you really asking me why I am suspicious of others in a game of mafia?
Of Turiun? Yes, I really am asking.  Are you really not going to answer?
griffinpup[/b]: Thoughts on the following:
*The Queen of Canada stuff
*The three sort-of-lynch-candidates
*The 4mask/BHK/TBF/I discussion yesterday
1.  I want to know what the Queen of Canada does.  It sounds awesome. Or lame.  I expect some people will come out with info regarding that and others, but I don't have any information on Queen of Canada personally.
2. Well I'm against the TDS lynch-vote, obviously.  Turiun's vote was on NQT, and immediately on day 2 NQT voted Turiun, seemingly a little unduly defensive.  BHK did this funny claiming thing which he admitted was just to cover himself in case it backfired.  That's pretty suspicious.  Of course, town and mafia have incentive to do that, but he kinda feels like a safe lynch target
3. TBF is twitchy, and did kinda hyper-react to a little bit of pressure.  And I haven't played with TBF, but he seems needlessly overreactive... To everything.  Not if scum trait or just different then what I'm used too.  If you've played with him, what do you think?
Counterpoint: My vote on NQT was more RVS than anything else.

So yesterday was awful.

We should all be ashamed of ourselves.

Now everyone has some actual information though, I expect a much keener D2.

Tiruin who were you targeting last night?
NQT: Why do you care? :3 Also why so specific? This is very interesting because I am interested in your interests in me.
*reads PM*
...Uh, same question stands. :v
Everyone: Quick question: Did anyone end up in Canadian jail last night?
I built a jail?
I mean *ahem*
Not I.

-snip
-snip
This seems...pointy.
...How is his judgement related to any of those, griffin? o_O

PFP (also sick-ish)

Well, this is interesting.

I'm going to ask the Queen of Canada what they did last night.
I'd enjoy having my name bolded :P It's customary in this forum Mafia games to bold people's names. It's like that vague 'said' in novels as an indicator, so you know this person is being referenced, said the Queen of Canada.

I saw no mention of jail last night.
There was no mention of jail at all. Soft claiming here? O_o

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2016, 10:06:12 pm »

-snip
-snip
This seems...pointy.
...How is his judgement related to any of those, griffin? o_O
[/quote]Right, it's probably important to mention that I visited you last night, Tiruin. RNG decided that you're going to have a greater, but shorter impact on the game, which, if you do what a typical town or scum member would do in the situation, good and bad for the town, regardless if you're scum or town.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2016, 10:06:41 pm »

PPE : I need to pay attention to what I cut from posts.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2016, 10:09:06 pm »

RNG decided that you're going to have a greater, but shorter impact on the game, which, if you do what a typical town or scum member would do in the situation, good and bad for the town, regardless if you're scum or town.
@_@
That's some specific RNG there. Err...where did the idea of the orange part come from?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2016, 10:14:45 pm »

RNG decided that you're going to have a greater, but shorter impact on the game, which, if you do what a typical town or scum member would do in the situation, good and bad for the town, regardless if you're scum or town.
@_@
That's some specific RNG there. Err...where did the idea of the orange part come from?
The Empress. The High Priestess. Death.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2016, 10:20:31 pm »

@_@
What?

Turiun:  I'm rusty. RVS?  Oh, and BHK's excuse that he had to immediately claim was that so he wouldn't get in trouble if the RNG messed up... But he also admits that judgement plays a large role?  This is why asking pointy questions is useful right now, because his almost cagey excuses might not add up.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2016, 10:24:03 pm »

@_@
What?

Turiun:  I'm rusty. RVS?  Oh, and BHK's excuse that he had to immediately claim was that so he wouldn't get in trouble if the RNG messed up... But he also admits that judgement plays a large role?  This is why asking pointy questions is useful right now, because his almost cagey excuses might not add up.
It's judgement because I can't predict the effect of what I do at all, so I could end up crippling a town member or massively empowering a scum member, and not even realize it. So I have to choose who I target with that in mind.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2016, 10:27:22 pm »

@_@
...I just glanced at my notes pad and I'm getting the idea that you're some kind of tarot card dealer. :P

But really...it sounds a lot like soft-claiming on your part here. Any purpose to revealing info about yourself, in that manner, to...today?

...TIL Queen Elizabeth II is DEATH, also an Imperial member.

PFP

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2016, 10:31:31 pm »

@_@
...I just glanced at my notes pad and I'm getting the idea that you're some kind of tarot card dealer. :P

But really...it sounds a lot like soft-claiming on your part here. Any purpose to revealing info about yourself, in that manner, to...today?

PFP
Yes.
I can target someone, and I draw three cards from a set of eleven that have different effects that take place the three nights after I draw.
One of the cards I drew has a helpful effect, one has a very helpful effect, and one card's effect is decidedly not helpful.
Guess which one it is?
It's Death.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2016, 10:48:57 pm »

Everyone: To clarify: Did anyone end up in what's likely a Canadian jail as understood by their in-flavour character?

BHK: So, if you don't mind telling us, why did you specifically target Tiruin knowing that whatever this is could happen?

1.  I want to know what the Queen of Canada does.  It sounds awesome. Or lame.  I expect some people will come out with info regarding that and others, but I don't have any information on Queen of Canada personally.
3. TBF is twitchy, and did kinda hyper-react to a little bit of pressure.  And I haven't played with TBF, but he seems needlessly overreactive... To everything.  Not if scum trait or just different then what I'm used too.  If you've played with him, what do you think?
griffinpup:
1. I won't say.
2. Interesting wording, that 'safe lynch target' thing.  Define 'safe' in this context.  Is it equivalent to 'good'?
3. I don't believe I've played with him before, though I'm too lazy to check at the moment.

Tiruin: But only as Queen of Canada.  Not as Queen of the United Kingdom.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2016, 10:53:49 pm »

BHK: So, if you don't mind telling us, why did you specifically target Tiruin knowing that whatever this is could happen?
Because that outcome was a less than 10 percent chance. At least Death's effect won't kick in until the end of Night 4, and the other two effects are fine.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33