Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: D&D 3.5e: The Librarian's Tomb  (Read 9635 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5e: The Librarian's Tomb
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2016, 06:35:45 pm »

You can't take 10 for use magic device.
Specifically says. You can't take 10 or aid another.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2016, 06:38:44 pm »

Ah, but you are not initiated into the mysteries of Deceive Item, the Warlock class feature that lets them do just that in any circumstance.

Well, not aid another, I presume. But take 10 at least.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2016, 07:27:47 pm »

Cool :v First session should be next week Saturday 5pm china time then (GMT+8 IIRC)? I can change the time slightly forward or back if you two wish.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2016, 08:09:27 pm »

Ah, but you are not initiated into the mysteries of Deceive Item, the Warlock class feature that lets them do just that in any circumstance.

Well, not aid another, I presume. But take 10 at least.
Ah, I was not. Seems useful.

Cool :v First session should be next week Saturday 5pm china time then (GMT+8 IIRC)? I can change the time slightly forward or back if you two wish.
Neat.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2016, 10:00:43 am »

Alright then, the session is almost on us! O_O Here are some scrolls Bernard and Bright Feathers On Wing have picked up while wandering the Library so far.

Bernard:
  • A heavy, ornate scroll made of some sort of fine vellum, gilded and typeset with gold leaf and with a brilliant blue drawing of a bird. Bernard failed his Spellcraft check to identify the scroll.
  • A small, black scroll with a brilliant metallic red border. It seems to be a scroll of Bloodbriars.
  • A small scroll that radiates Lawfulness and Good. It is a scroll of Summon Hound Archon.
  • A faint blue scroll that seems to be slightly colder than room temperature. It is a scroll of Boreal Wind.
  • A fairly large, typical-looking scroll. It is much heavier than it looks. However, the writing on the scroll is but gibberish to Bernard.

BFOW:
(failed to identify most of the scrolls, but can ask Bernard if BFOW so wishes)

• An ornate scroll, penned in metallic ink and studded with rubies.
  • A black scroll that seems abnormally unreflective. It is a scroll of Deeper Darkness.
  • A small undecorated scroll. It is a scroll of Harmonic Chorus
  • A large, heavy scroll inscribed on metal sheet.
  • An unreflective, black scroll. It chills your hand when you touch it. It is a scroll of Damning Darkness.

Edit: I just realized that both of you could UMD to identify scrolls instead of spellcraft. Should I roll again with UMD? The DC is much higher, of course.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:24:47 am by Skyrunner »

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2016, 10:32:01 am »

Well, that depends. Would a 22 identify all of them if I take 10? If not, leave as is.

Also, probably should establish which one of us is the stalwart manservant of the other before the session.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2016, 10:35:17 am »

the imagery of a raptor and a warlock talking to each other in posh English accents while reading some scrolls...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2016, 11:09:17 am »

I'd prefer to use UMD to identify them, yeah.
Forgot I'd need spellcraft to identify them, but too late now I guess.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2016, 11:25:05 am »

You identified 3/5 using UMD!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2016, 11:26:17 am »

Huzzah!

the imagery of a raptor and a warlock talking to each other in posh English accents while reading some scrolls...
I consider my rations as including tea, so they can discuss things properly over cups of tea.
And scones.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2016, 12:37:43 pm »

I guess it makes more sense for Bernard to be the manservant while Master Wing orders him about, upon further consideration.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2016, 03:02:35 am »

BFOW is a Marshal after all!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2016, 07:44:53 am »

By the way, when are we going to get a Roll20 invite, if at all?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2016, 10:48:49 am »

I shall PM you the player link! I'm currently online and also in the room if you would want to pop in.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:58:17 am by Skyrunner »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2016, 07:16:04 am »

First session over! Caught by a large group of scrollmen, some of which launched devastating fireballs of destruction (and damaging their brethren while at it), Bernard was forced to use a powerful arcane scroll, Boreal Wind to save Sir Bright. The corpses of some poor party of adventurers gone ahead provide the duo with sustain in the form of healing potions, light and moderate. But the next challenge is none other than a five meter tall whirlwind of arcane energies.

Will Bright Feathers on Wing and their trusty manservant Bernard Buxington, Beast of Bree survive this arcane challenge? To be continued!

(Also, fun session all :D )

Edit: Also, 2750 XP per player.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 07:34:45 am by Skyrunner »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9