Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114880 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: ORO: Senile ghosts bumbling through the magical realm of mutilation
« Reply #1005 on: November 11, 2016, 11:48:28 pm »

It's not much of a kawaiipocalypse. I only have one soul, and 0.004% isn't actually very much.

Of course. But, you see, it sets a precedent, and ORO has a habit of eating armies. If every soul it has consumed takes the opportunity and adds its fraction of a percent, we end up with a world-eating Kawaiidritch horror of doom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 11, 2016, 11:52:09 pm »

But not every person in an army holds the same aspect. Ocean only increases Kawaiiness in demons due to his kawaiiness in life.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1007 on: November 12, 2016, 06:59:11 pm »

-sigh- I'll go ahead and attack with my weapon in my clockwork hand. That'll bring me up to 44 corruption, leaving 29 humanity.

Again, if I fall, I will spend corruption to either catch myself, or to soften the blow when I land - up to 20 corruption. I will attempt to land on my demon revolver and take the damage up that leg first.

Spoiler: Oz "Minnow" (click to show/hide)

improvise a sack of some kind and take with me a assortment of bones I think I could work with, and a claw or other knife substitute if I find one of those as well. I don't have the time now but I will make the time later, and I need to maintain a steady arrow supply.

If the fight shifts to somewhere I have line of sight / line of fire on it (which I'm assuming I currently do not, but if I do then trigger this instead of my above action) then I will fire an arrow at the demon attacking my teammates.

Gender: Female, just tired of seeing "he" and getting confused who is being talked about.

Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)

Attack the demon again.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)
As my soul dissolves into Oro, it spreads itself thin into every demon, making them all 0.004% more kawaii.
Beirus, Whisperling, save us from posts like this. post before this lunatic grows a bunch of bigeyed, blushing, skirted gigglers to destroy us with hugs and sparkles.

Give my obligatory opposition to the kawaiipocalypse.

Continue using the Squish-brand sneak attackTM. Throw 16 corruption into a dodge if I get attacked.

Spoiler: Gold Tracer (click to show/hide)

I like the contrast between the two kinds of players in our group. One half is very methodical and sets up big actions with contingencies. The other says "HIT MONSTER MAKE DEAD". 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Merris spends a few minutes attempting to crudely juryrig a sack of of skin, but ends up with nothing but a bloody mass of fur and torn up skin. High above HER, the rest of the group continues to fight against the Spider demon.  Minnow, still hanging from the ladder, raises his sword in his clockwork hand. The arm grinds to life, internal mechanisms spinning, winding springs tighter and tighter  until the entire limb strains to contain the force. When he swings the arm springs down like a sprung bear trap, the clockwork sword cleaving through one of the creature's legs like butter.  The Spider demon, suddenly spins to face Minnow, its face a mask of pain and anger.

"YOU FEED IT! YOU FEED IT!" The demon screams before lashing out with one pincer. It catches Minnow around the chest, wrapping the pincer around his left shoulder and under his right ribs. And then it closes, crushing his chest and splitting it in half. Minnows body falls limp while his clockwork arm, still holding the sword, clangs to the ground and then bounces up, erect and ready to fight.

Joe takes advantage of the Spider's attack and steps in, swinging a hard uppercut swing that bisects one leg and slices straight up through the spider's abdomen, cleaving the human half away from the spider half. Squish follows up as soon as the human section hits the ground, cleaving into the man's shriveled arm.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 12, 2016, 07:08:31 pm »

((I assume only the human half is still alive?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #1009 on: November 12, 2016, 07:38:49 pm »

I examine the demon's corpse, and I absorb 20 health to my upper arm from the weakest of the demon's legs. Gonna spend the next ten turns or so rebuilding.

Spoiler: Oz "Minnow" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minnow's bits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Miser's corpse (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the dogs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cousin Itt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:07:04 pm by Ozarck »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #1010 on: November 12, 2016, 07:49:34 pm »

HIT MONSTER MAKE DEAD (with glaive). If the Mason is dead by the time I act, meditate to recover from corruption.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1011 on: November 13, 2016, 06:35:58 am »

It's not much of a kawaiipocalypse. I only have one soul, and 0.004% isn't actually very much.
((Assuming you are 100% kawaii and kawaii-ness is distributed equally without any being lost, that would mean there are 25000 demons in ORO.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 13, 2016, 06:40:50 am »

((Assuming you are 100% kawaii and kawaii-ness is distributed equally without any being lost, that would mean there are 25000 demons in ORO.))
This assumes that the demons were as kawaii as Ocean in the first place, which is somewhat improbable.
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 13, 2016, 12:59:59 pm »

This assumes that the demons were as kawaii as Ocean in the first place, which is somewhat improbable.
No, this assumes nothing of the kawaiiness of the other demons. they could be 0% kawaii, and his soul bumped them each up to .004% the only thing it really assumes is that Ouro on the whole is less kawaii than Ocean, else hissoul would either have no effect, or a negative one.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 13, 2016, 01:06:06 pm »

0.004% more kawaii:

As my soul dissolves into Oro, it spreads itself thin into every demon, making them all 0.004% more kawaii.

Percentages are proportions, not units. If they were 0% kawaii, this would leave them as 0% kawaii.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 13, 2016, 02:27:39 pm »

improvise a sack of some kind and take with me a assortment of bones I think I could work with, and a claw or other knife substitute if I find one of those as well. I don't have the time now but I will make the time later, and I need to maintain a steady arrow supply.

If the fight shifts to somewhere I have line of sight / line of fire on it (which I'm assuming I currently do not, but if I do then trigger this instead of my above action) then I will fire an arrow at the demon attacking my teammates.
same action

Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 13, 2016, 03:29:31 pm »

The soul doesn't flow directly from me to every demon. My soul goes to Oro itself, then dissolves, slightly changing the overall balance of Spheres present on Oro's core. As the core is now 0.004% more kawaii, it automatically molds the demons it's linked to to have the same balance of spheres as itself. By soulmass, Ocean was 70% kawaii, and had a total soulmass 1/2000th as large as Oro's core. Therefore the Kawaii portion of Ocean's soul causes the core to become 0.0035% more kawaii, which has knock-on effects, unlocking an extra 0.0005% of kawaiiness that was previously not being utilized.

And before you say that Oro's eaten more that 2000 people, remember that PCs must have strong souls, because weaker humans would simply dissipate after first death, and the part that I'm dissolving into is only the core. If you count the whole body, it obviously has many times that soulmass.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 13, 2016, 04:18:21 pm »

Alright, let's take this discussion to the ooc thread anyway.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 13, 2016, 11:48:44 pm »

((I assume only the human half is still alive?))

In lieu of a dubiously-informed action, HIT MONSTER MAKE DEAD WITH SLIGHTLY LESS RISK TO PERSON:

Continue using the Squish-brand sneak attackTM. Throw 16 corruption into a dodge if I get attacked.

Spoiler: Gold Tracer (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 14, 2016, 09:56:40 am »

(is there a character sheet?)
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 88