Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114883 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: ORO: Senile ghosts bumbling through the magical realm of mutilation
« Reply #990 on: November 09, 2016, 07:29:18 pm »

"Whoops, got stunned for a minute there. Suppose a brick to the face can do that to you."

I specified that my core should be in my chest at the start, but move it if that wasn't something I could do.

Try and climb up to the demon, if there's any time left.

Spoiler: Gold Tracer (click to show/hide)
It's in your chest, don't worry. It's only in your head if you don't specify.

You push what is left of your forehead back out of your eyes and run across the overturned building and start climbing the ladder...

GM: I need to perform an action that is directly counter to the current combat system - supressive fire. If I make a very high number of attack actions, I will simply open myself to a counterattack and it will do anything but the intended supressive effect. How can I make supression a thing? anothered triggered action?

Also, um, since there is a cost to using the mancatching claw hand now, the overall price of using my left arm has gone up by 33% (6 to 8 ) with no corrosponding benefits (still for 10 dex). are you sure?

"On it!"
temp action if no response before turn is run: return fire, 2x attack, using both arms.
Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)
The cost associated with demon limbs only comes into play if you use their bonuses. So unless you use your +10 dex from the limb, it costs nothing to just use it for stuff. Think of it as powering up the limb.

99+[56] (assuming not using corruption)

As squish climbs the ladder, you spot the demon moving to throw another stone. You draw the bowstring back  and aim high, carefully estimating the arrow drop before loosing a shot. The arrow whistles upward, arching shallowly before coming down and knocking the brick right out of the creature's hands. The demon squeals and skitters back out of sight.

...Squish scrambles his way up to the metal outcropping and yanks himself up to confront the demon. The outcropping is clearly part of a scavenged fire escape, just a square metal platform with low railings that have been reinforced with metal plates and scrap. The floor is dark red, rusted through in several spots, and absolutely coated in what looks like white dust. Cinderblocks are piled into crude pyramids in the corners of the outcropping, along with red bricks and bits of rebar. At the center of the platform is  what looks like a spider mixed with a man. The head is human, ancient and decrepit, with a long white beard that seems to seamlessly fuse with the wrappings of silk that cover the rest of his body. The chest and front arms are human as well, though the human limbs are so sunken and feeble that they look almost vestigal, held up against the bony, frail chest. But the lower body, everything below the ribs, is spider: A great swollen gray abdomen covered in prickly hairs  and sprouting 8 long, powerful limbs that end in snapping scorpion pincers.  It looks at you with wide eyed terror mixed with incredulity.

"GO BACK!" It screams, picking up another cinderblock, "GET AWAY!"

Cover me. Keep it from hitting me.
I'll climb up to attack it with my clockwork arm and sword. If Squish(whisperling) is ahead of me, I'll follow at a bit of a distance, so as not to be in the way when he falls off the ladders.
((I'm going to constantly be too corrupt to absorb parts. I really wanted to replace my useless spell arm. Or at least my gun leg. ah well.))

Spoiler: Miser's corpse (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the dogs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oz "Minnow" (click to show/hide)

Beirus, your arm should look more or less like this:

Left arm (+5 spd, 3 corruption [+2 for attack with the paw]
1.upper (19 HP)
2.Crouched Lupine Lower leg {3] (50 HP [+5 Speed])
3. Man-Catching Paw {2}(20 HP, [Grasp][End])

Lenglon, note the corruption cost associated with the mancatching paw.((feel free to argue the gm away from it. I was only asking for clarity.))

Catch up with the others. Climb up to attack that demon with my Glaive if the others are still fighting it.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)

You two climb up behind Squish, clambering up onto the platform with him. As you pull yourself up, the platform groans with the combined weight of everyone on it and lists slightly to one side.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #991 on: November 09, 2016, 08:54:49 pm »

Put the blocks down and come down where we can talk, or we will end you. You attacked us.
I'll get on the ladder above the outcropping to avoid overloading the landing. If the spider attacks, I will wait for the other two to act, and then, if i get a clear shot, will fire at the spider. If I fall, I will spend corruption to either catch myself, or to soften the blow when I land - up to 40 corruption. I will attempt to land on my demon revolver and take the damage up that leg first. If the demon agrees to come down, I will keep it targeted as it descends, only moving down again once it and the other two are on the ground.

Spoiler: Miser's corpse (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the dogs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:37:50 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 09, 2016, 09:12:33 pm »

I hold position and scan the area, checking for yet another ambush, any signs of activity, any changes in the terrain, etc. Naturally if I see something else trying to kill me, I have no intention of taking the hit. Additionally, if any arrows are in retrieveable condition, I do so. I also look for materials I could use to make more arrows, since I have a limited supply. considering the nature of this place, maybe I can somehow turn leftover parts of demons we've killed into arrows? there's some right here for me to work with...

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #993 on: November 11, 2016, 10:14:43 am »

Yo, Egan and whisper

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 11, 2016, 11:39:04 am »

...Yeah? I'm dead, remember?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 11, 2016, 12:31:43 pm »

Attack the demon if it attacks us. Otherwise, try to meditate and reduce corruption.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:26:04 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 11, 2016, 01:14:39 pm »

"I suspect this is a corrupted human. Of course, it would be nice if he could explain himself rather than screaming incoherently."

Surprise-attack the demon while it is focused on a teammate. Try and aim for the spider portions.

((Will edit sheets in when I'm not on mobile.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #997 on: November 11, 2016, 06:11:06 pm »

...Yeah? I'm dead, remember?
Meant berius, sorry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Spider Creature squeals incoherently, and shambles forward, snapping at Squish with its pincers. Squish easily evades the first blow and slaps the second aside with the handle of his glaive before burying the blade in the creature's spidery lower half. It screams and oozes ichor as it scrambles backwards. As this happens, Minnow sprints past the beast and climbs a few rungs up the ladder behind it.  Joe tries to follow his counter with another blow but misses. Squish, taking advantage of the confusion, slips behind the demon and cleanly cleaves one of its legs straight off.  Minnow, from his ladder vantage point, takes aim at the demon and somehow manages to completely miss from point blank range.

Meanwhile, back down at the body pit, Merris is poking around. He cuts one of his arrows out of the upper half of a grinning dog and examines it with a grimace. The head is broken, snapped clean in half, and the shaft is cracked from the force of the shot. He tosses it away and starts looking around for anything that could be used as a good substitute. He is immediately drawn to the Flesh Miser and its nice, femurs and humerus. He picks a long bone up and carefully examines it. He conculdes that, with a knife and some time, he could probably make some arrows out of the bones of these beasts, and really, probably the body parts of anything with bones or sections long enough to fit the need.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 11, 2016, 07:52:41 pm »

-sigh- I'll go ahead and attack with my weapon in my clockwork hand. That'll bring me up to 44 corruption, leaving 29 humanity.

Again, if I fall, I will spend corruption to either catch myself, or to soften the blow when I land - up to 20 corruption. I will attempt to land on my demon revolver and take the damage up that leg first.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 07:16:03 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 11, 2016, 07:57:06 pm »

improvise a sack of some kind and take with me a assortment of bones I think I could work with, and a claw or other knife substitute if I find one of those as well. I don't have the time now but I will make the time later, and I need to maintain a steady arrow supply.

If the fight shifts to somewhere I have line of sight / line of fire on it (which I'm assuming I currently do not, but if I do then trigger this instead of my above action) then I will fire an arrow at the demon attacking my teammates.

Gender: Female, just tired of seeing "he" and getting confused who is being talked about.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 11, 2016, 11:23:51 pm »

As my soul dissolves into Oro, it spreads itself thin into every demon, making them all 0.004% more kawaii.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 11, 2016, 11:32:15 pm »

As my soul dissolves into Oro, it spreads itself thin into every demon, making them all 0.004% more kawaii.
Beirus, Whisperling, save us from posts like this. post before this lunatic grows a bunch of bigeyed, blushing, skirted gigglers to destroy us with hugs and sparkles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 11, 2016, 11:37:06 pm »

Attack the demon again.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 11, 2016, 11:38:53 pm »

Beirus, Whisperling, save us from posts like this. post before this lunatic grows a bunch of bigeyed, blushing, skirted gigglers to destroy us with hugs and sparkles.

Give my obligatory opposition to the kawaiipocalypse.

Continue using the Squish-brand sneak attackTM. Throw 16 corruption into a dodge if I get attacked.

Spoiler: Gold Tracer (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 11, 2016, 11:41:48 pm »

It's not much of a kawaiipocalypse. I only have one soul, and 0.004% isn't actually very much.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 88