Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114838 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #945 on: November 01, 2016, 07:23:55 pm »

What stat were you rolling on me for defense? Looks like speed. Shouldn't it have been dex? That's 3 points difference for damage. Plus, a minor mathematical error on the first roll - I should have one less damage to demonic revolver there.

And of course the dangerous one would be super fast and target me personally, with double roll multi attacks. Looks like I should have conditioned my statement: if attacked, hit with arm.

Take thirty corruption to increase my dex to avoid this bastard's attacks

Spoiler: obsolete action (click to show/hide)

I'll shoot the flesh miser, unless I lose my gun, in which case I'll attack with the weapon.
if the flesh miser dies before I shoot, I'll shoot the closest dog demon.

Spoiler: Oz "Minnow" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:02:18 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #946 on: November 03, 2016, 12:06:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The flesh miser turns away from Minnow and begins flailing madly at Merris. But Merris is having none of it and proceeds to easily dance through the skeleton's blows before dodging backwards and loosing an arrow with his teeth. The shot tears the Skeleton's left arm off and pins it to the ground. Both grinning dogs turn on Joe; he dodges the spear but catches a claw from the dying demon and loses half of his left arm.

Minnow, seeing an opening, takes a potshot at the injured skeleton demon, putting a bullet straight into the skeleton's stump. The shot splits the limb in half and burrows straight through into the chest, exploding the ripcage and killing the beast.

Merris...well he nocks another arrow and stands around, waiting.

Joe takes a hard swing at one of the Grinning Dogs but misses by an inch. However, his attack draws the demon's attention and Whisper slips in behind it. In a single stroke he splits the demon's chest in half and kills the beast instantly.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 03, 2016, 12:35:50 am »

Merris continues her action from before, since it was a triggered action that didn't trigger, and so she will hopefully be automatically the very first in the action order. reposting said action below:
keep my distance and overwatch the team. however, if my attack is triggered, i will spend 20 humanity on the speed roll to interrupt, and am doing a called shot on the attacking limb. If I am charged I am willing to abort my attack to run and stay out of range, assuming it isn't too fast to escape. if it is that fast, I might as well try to fight since there's no escape.

Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 03, 2016, 05:20:06 pm »

Minnow examines the flesh miser's corpse. And it's weapon, which he'll pick up.

If he sees a part with 15-25 hp, he will attempt to transfer that hp to his damaged clockwork arm. He won't do this with the demon's arm, though.

After this, if there's time this round, he'll also inspect the dog demons' corpses.

Anyone want an arm?

[/quote]

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 03, 2016, 05:26:22 pm »

Attack the last demon with my Glaive. Search for a replacement arm if I can.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 03, 2016, 11:39:24 pm »

If the last demon is still alive, rinse and repeat.

Impale whichever monster looks most distracted (in hopes of getting a sneak attack in, of course). Maybe something that's already dodging an arrow? Burn 16 humanity in a dodge roll if it looks like a particularly nasty attack is coming my way.

If it isn't... maybe take the skeleton arm? Depends on how exactly part attachment rolls work, I don't want to lose an arm to low INT.

Spoiler: Gold Tracer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:30:52 am by Whisperling »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 04, 2016, 01:32:55 am »

Impale whichever monster looks most distracted (in hopes of getting a sneak attack in, of course). Maybe something that's already dodging an arrow? Burn 16 humanity in a dodge roll if it looks like a particularly nasty attack is coming my way.

If it isn't... maybe take the skeleton arm? Depends on how exactly part attachment rolls work, I don't want to lose an arm to low INT.

((Please wait on looting until combat is complete, especially since we have wounded who need replacement parts more than you need a surplus one.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 04, 2016, 01:44:16 am »

((Hey, where's your selfish spirit? Ann Rand would be disappointed in you! :P))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 04, 2016, 05:31:56 am »

((Please wait on looting until combat is complete, especially since we have wounded who need replacement parts more than you need a surplus one.))

((Sure. Will probably end up wasting the turn, but whatever.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 04, 2016, 03:55:45 pm »

((go ahead and loot if you want. no reason to stop, for meta reasons. Be greedy and selfish, lol. IC if you want, you can wait.

Oh, and if you place an arm outside of the normal slots, it will give 4x permanent corruption, per part, so if you placed a third arm, and each part had 5 corruption (for 15 total for the whole arm) you would get 60 permanent corruption and immediately become a demon, because that is more than your humanity max.

If you replaced your regular arm instead, that doesn't apply, but both require intelligence rolls to harvest and to attach.))

((Hey, where's your selfish spirit? Ann Rand would be disappointed in you! :P))
I don't know who that is, so I'll accept your claim, but I know Ayn rand would also be disappointed. She'd probably just raise and drop her shoulders, and idly turn to the next page in her book of maps, though.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #955 on: November 04, 2016, 08:29:24 pm »

Well lets see...
Yep that Grinning dog died of its injuries.

Merris continues her action from before, since it was a triggered action that didn't trigger, and so she will hopefully be automatically the very first in the action order. reposting said action below:
keep my distance and overwatch the team. however, if my attack is triggered, i will spend 20 humanity on the speed roll to interrupt, and am doing a called shot on the attacking limb. If I am charged I am willing to abort my attack to run and stay out of range, assuming it isn't too fast to escape. if it is that fast, I might as well try to fight since there's no escape.

You stand around, keeping an arrow nocked and ready to fire the instant a threat comes into sight. 

Minnow examines the flesh miser's corpse. And it's weapon, which he'll pick up.

If he sees a part with 15-25 hp, he will attempt to transfer that hp to his damaged clockwork arm. He won't do this with the demon's arm, though.

After this, if there's time this round, he'll also inspect the dog demons' corpses.

Anyone want an arm?

The Miser's corpse, or whats left of it, looks like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So the skeletal lower leg looks alright.

80+[96] = Success. You drain the demonic energy from the corpse and into your clockwork limb. The broken gears and awkwardly clacking mechanisms slip back into place, their movements going from jerky to smooth.

40+[45]
Nope, not fast enough to go look at the dogs after fixing your arm.

Attack the last demon with my Glaive. Search for a replacement arm if I can.

Well, they're all dead now so you start scavenging the bodies, looking for something useful.

Anything out of those bodies might work.

Welp, guess you just hang around.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 04, 2016, 08:49:59 pm »

Action: meditate to remove corruption

Questions:
1)Do I take corruption for using the porcelain head's int for that roll? Assuming yes.

2)I healed up 50 hp from the skeletal lower leg? Assuming yes.

3)How does exchanging a whole limb work? Will it be three rolls at increasing difficulty to exchange all three? Assuming yes.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:46:12 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 04, 2016, 10:13:25 pm »

Loot dog left arm to replace lost left arm.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 04, 2016, 10:28:12 pm »

Loot a left lower arm and hand from one of the demons.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #959 on: November 05, 2016, 07:36:35 pm »

Loot a left lower arm and hand from one of the demons.

41+[43]=84

You attempt to tear the bits from the corpse but just end up chopping it to useless pieces.

Loot dog left arm to replace lost left arm.

46+[46]= 92

You attempt to tear the left arm off the demon but do nothing more than rend it to pieces.

Action: meditate to remove corruption

Questions:
1)Do I take corruption for using the porcelain head's int for that roll? Assuming yes.

2)I healed up 50 hp from the skeletal lower leg? Assuming yes.

3)How does exchanging a whole limb work? Will it be three rolls at increasing difficulty to exchange all three? Assuming yes.

Did you use it? Is that number you have as your Int (ie 80) using that bonus? If so, then yes.

Actually, you only got, at most, 44 HP. Remember, when you heal like that it requires you to say how much HP you want to drain because that impacts the roll you need. 4x the HP you're draining. I assumed you drained enough to heal your arm and thats it.

Exchanging a whole limb would work either by doing one roll with a difficulty equal to the max difficulty (ie for 3 pieces it would be 140) or you could do 3 rolls of 100.

You reduce your corruption by 10
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 88