Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114871 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #930 on: October 29, 2016, 10:47:14 pm »

Liquid Ocean does a "well what is it" pose.

Search the pier for any alternate routes, besides the main gate.

Spoiler: lickwid (click to show/hide)
You walk to the edge of the pier and lower yourself down towards the dirt, as though lowering yourself into a bath, testing the temperature with a toe. When your toe touches the desolate earth it is scraped away as though you pressed it against a power sander. (-1 hp on right foot) You yank your foot back and stare at the bleeding toe tip, grimacing. You don't feel any pain, but the idea of grinding your foot off is still viscerally unpleasant.  You walk the perimeter of the pier, leaving a small trail of blood behind as you do. There really is no way off this thing other than to walk forward. Well, beyond trying to make some sort of suicidal jump  to some other part of the shell, but it really just all goes the same place.

Practice herd mentality and go with the largest group. Which seems to be going towards the entrance. Stay cautious, and be close to the shadows in case a surprise-attackable enemy appears.

Keep an eye out for enemies or other threats, or anything interesting, while approaching the entrance with the others.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)
"It's already happened."

I move forward as well, checking out teh surroundings: checking for hostiles first, then for things behaving oddly (like the scrap that moved on it's own in the factory.)

Spoiler: Oz "Minnow" (click to show/hide)
"Welp, this is happening."
I move towards the obvious entrance slowly and cautiously, looking around for possible unplesant suprises.

Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)

The pier leads to a small section of sidewalk, running perpendicular to the path, the first part on Ouro's actual body. This leads immediately to a set of concrete stairs; complete with slowly sloping wheelchair ramp on one side. At the top of this short staircase is a gateway, or rather an arch, as there is no gate for it to hold. It is made of streetlights, braided, twisted and knotted together erratically, like the mindless searching roots of a metallic mangrove. It's as thick as a man's waist and 4 or 5 meters high, with long straight “legs” and a harsh, nearly triangular arch. Hanging down from the arch, and pinned or wire-wrapped to the legs, are corpses. From their attire- the ornate designs of their robes, the ritual fetishes and symbols hanging from leather cords around their necks or on beaded bracelets, the holy books nailed to their hands or chests- you can surmise that they are religious men. Priests, monks, cenobites and acolytes of unknown orders and forgotten gods. Any shrine they worshiped at, any idol they bowed to, is long gone, ground to dust beneath Ouro's advance.

Papering the arch, nearly coating it like fragile yellowed autumn leaves, are talismans, scrolls and sheets of carefully illuminated text. They are nailed straight into the metal, straight into the corpses as well.

Beyond the gate is a building on its side and tilted at a slight angle, a rising slope of brickwork surrounded by crushed and partial structures, a red island wreathed by a dry reef of pulverized concrete. A sign is still bolted to the wall-turned-floor; its’ a sheet of metal with the name “MALTSOM'S SLAUG-” painted on it in badly faded blue and yellow, with one end scrapped to the point of illegibility. Thick trail of noxious black grime leads from the gate- congealed blood, bone marrow, viscera decayed to slop, human fat and grease, all mixed together as countless bodies were dragged across the brickwork. Straight ahead, next to a rising wall of Oro's body, is a pit.

It's hard to tell if the demons made this hole to hold bodies, or if they simply piled so many in one place that the wall gave way. Regardless of its origins, before you sits a sinkhole of flesh. What must be hundreds of corpses- men, women, cattle, pigs, horses, even deer, boars and wild things- have been stuffed into hole in the building some 20 foot wide. Some are fresh, most are not. Their flesh is bloated and discolored, oozing and melting into one another, becoming a necrotic stew. Animals of all kinds feed from the pit, swarming in great numbers. Rats scuttle around your feet, crows and carrion birds circle overhead or sit upon any flat surface, waiting to charge in and squawkily fight over choice bits of eyes or entrails. Flies infest the air like a buzzing miasma and maggots crawl so thick over and through the flesh that the dead seem to squirm and shiver.

There are demons there, gathered around it. 3 of them; picking at the pile, searching through the gore. Two of these demons are man-dog things. 7 foot tall, easily, with a vaguely humanoid body but horribly distorted proportions. They has digitigrade legs with angles so hard that they seem stuck in a constant state of squatting; their entire lower body seems as though it has been compacted down. In contrast their upper body is abnormally long, the chest stretched and curved into an elongated hunchback appearance. The shoulders are wide and heavily muscled, leading to grotesquely long arms that could easily drag along the ground if allowed to hang slack. Their hands are huge, large enough to wrap their thumb and pointer finger around a man's chest, and their neck is absurdly long and serpentine, ending in a head like a hairless, earless dog. Their mouth is oversized for the head, twisted into a constant beartrap-grin, and their head and neck wriggle and coil constantly.  Next to the dog creatures is what appears to be a partially fleshed human skeleton. But it is not fleshed normally; no familiar anatomical structures, just crudely affixed muscles with no meaningful configuration and an unfinished covering of stitched together skin. No organs are visible anywhere on or in the skeleton, and indeed its entire face is covered by a single slab of meat and skin.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 29, 2016, 11:06:05 pm »

"Bear Trap jaws ...." Minnow shudders, a recent memory squirming around in his head.

"Two dog demons and a corpse demon. fantastic. Well, at least this time there are five of us. So, you guys wanna kill them and move on, or try to go around?"

Oz will prepare to shoot the corpse demon with his Revolver.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:15:25 pm by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 29, 2016, 11:26:02 pm »

"Come on and face me, demons!"
Make two attacks, one each to the grinning dogs.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:26:38 pm by Egan_BW »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 29, 2016, 11:33:39 pm »

"Get some!"

Attack the healthiest demon with my Glaive.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 30, 2016, 05:25:34 am »

As we went through the arch, I would have stopped to see what was written on the papers, no touching them, just glancing at them and seeing if I could pick out any words or phrases at a glance.

I'll ready my bow from the rear, but not immediately fire, instead serving an overwatch role. I'll watch what is happening to my teammates, and for unhappy surprises or if they make a mistake that leaves them open. I will fire to disrupt such an attack, hopefully giving my teammate an extra instant to get out of trouble. My aimpoint will be for either the limb making the attack I need to disrupt, or for center of mass of the target if I can't get a clear shot on the limb.

Edit: Thank you for the reminder Aoshima
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:02:50 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 30, 2016, 01:30:06 pm »

((Remember to post your sheet too, people!))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 30, 2016, 04:22:24 pm »

((targeted attacks [aiming for a specific part] have a -30 to-hit modifier

multi-attacks require a speed roll. Second attack is difficulty 100, third is 120, etc.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 30, 2016, 04:52:47 pm »

((targeted attacks [aiming for a specific part] have a -30 to-hit modifier

multi-attacks require a speed roll. Second attack is difficulty 100, third is 120, etc.))
((I'm willing to accept the -30))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #938 on: October 31, 2016, 02:40:04 pm »

Whisperling~...

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 31, 2016, 03:12:13 pm »

Whisperling~...

((Whoops, sorry. Opened this in a background tab and had completely forgotten to actually write the action.))

Hide in the shadow of the building until one of the demons gets close enough to surprise-attack, then assault whichever is most convenient. Get out of sight again afterwards, if at all possible.

Spoiler: Gold Tracer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:14:44 pm by Whisperling »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #940 on: November 01, 2016, 01:24:25 am »

"Bear Trap jaws ...." Minnow shudders, a recent memory squirming around in his head.

"Two dog demons and a corpse demon. fantastic. Well, at least this time there are five of us. So, you guys wanna kill them and move on, or try to go around?"

Oz will prepare to shoot the corpse demon with his Revolver.

"Come on and face me, demons!"
Make two attacks, one each to the grinning dogs.

"Get some!"

Attack the healthiest demon with my Glaive.

As we went through the arch, I would have stopped to see what was written on the papers, no touching them, just glancing at them and seeing if I could pick out any words or phrases at a glance.

I'll ready my bow from the rear, but not immediately fire, instead serving an overwatch role. I'll watch what is happening to my teammates, and for unhappy surprises or if they make a mistake that leaves them open. I will fire to disrupt such an attack, hopefully giving my teammate an extra instant to get out of trouble. My aimpoint will be for either the limb making the attack I need to disrupt, or for center of mass of the target if I can't get a clear shot on the limb.

Edit: Thank you for the reminder Aoshima
Whisperling~...

((Whoops, sorry. Opened this in a background tab and had completely forgotten to actually write the action.))

Hide in the shadow of the building until one of the demons gets close enough to surprise-attack, then assault whichever is most convenient. Get out of sight again afterwards, if at all possible.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

The skeletal creature notices your group at the gate an instant after you notice it. It stands bolt upright and sprints straight toward the group at inhuman speed, covering over a hundred feet in just over a second.  It runs straight up into Minnow's face and slices madly at him with a carving knife, jamming the blade into the fine mechanical workings of Minnow's right arm and hacking at his firearm foot. The Skeleton moves in a jerking, spasmodic way, like a knife fighter having a seizure.  Minnow can't do much more than cower away from the flurry of blows.

Lickwid (Sp?), armed with a dagger specifically designed for cunning assassinations, shoulders past Minnow and sprints straight over to the pile of bodies. He circles around the pit, over toward the Grinning Dog on the right. He lashes out with a twirl, the blade nothing but a crescent moon of silver light cleaving through the grinning dog's gut. The creature makes a high pitched squeal as it is severed cleanly in half and falls to the ground, the upper half still alive.  Lickwid continues his balletic attack, spinning around and bringing his blade towards the other grinning dog with a triumphant shout. He misses by a wide margin, and Grinning dog proceeds to jam a serrated spear straight into Lickwid's open mouth. It slams Lickwid to the ground and then tears the spear back up, pulling his head off. It looks at the skewered head and its lips peel back into an even more exaggerated grin as it laughs with an inhuman, hyena like cackle.

Whisperling...seems to frankly not understand the description of the area. There's no building to hide in the shadow of. The only building here is the Maltsom one and its literally laying on its side and everyone is standing atop this side. In terms of close demons though, the Flesh miser is close and otherwise engaged, so he decides to attack it. He steps up beside Minnow and lunges forward, stabbing the gold tracer into the skeleton's chest with hall his might. The blade penetrates straight through and out the creature's back. It makes a dusty, crunching noise and staggers back, pulling the blade out of itself.

Oz, seeing an instant to escape the Flesh Miser's attacks, backpedals and then does his best to aim his weapon. This is quite hard considering the weapon is his foot, but he makes due (+30 dex for aim next round)

Merris, before any of this crap happened, pauses for a moment to look at the pages coating the profane gate. He (she?) squints at the text, trying to understand it, but can't make heads or tails of it. From there he runs up and takes up position at the rear of the group, an arrow nocked and ready to fire at a moment's notice.

Joe, seeing what happened to Lickwid, charges in towards the demon that killed his comrade. He sweeps his glaive low, cleaving a massive gash into the demon's left leg, nearly severing the limb. The demon growls and limps backward a few steps, its face still set in a horrible grin.

Grinning dog 1, lacking its entire lower body, props itself up as best it can. It winds up and hurls its spear at Merris as hard as it possibly can. Merris, seeing this coming, fires back at it reflexively. The arrow and spear pass each other in mid-air before each strikes home. The spear hits Merris square in the lower left arm and severs the limb right at the elbow, meanwhile the arrow hits the demon dead center in the left shoulder and sends it toppling over backwards. The second Grinning dog turns its attention to Joe and strikes out with its spear, but Joe easily side steps the stab.

Check the rolls section, update your sheets.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 01, 2016, 01:35:35 am »

Welp, those who burn for only one turn burn hot enough to start nuclear fusion.

RIPIRIPIRIPIP liquid ocean

Hmm, might have been a good idea to spend humanity on that multiattack.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 02:33:14 am by Egan_BW »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 01, 2016, 09:13:18 am »

Well that sucked, but whats done is done and it can't hurt me anymore.
Same action, keep my distance and overwatch the team. however, if my attack is triggered, i will spend 20 humanity on the speed roll to interrupt, and am doing a called shot on the attacking limb. If I am charged I am willing to abort my attack to run and stay out of range, assuming it isn't too fast to escape. if it is that fast, I might as well try to fight since there's no escape.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:45:25 pm by Lenglon »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 01, 2016, 06:45:31 pm »

((...Oops. I seem to be universally incompetent in this game. Ah, well. At least I haven't died {yet}.))

Impale whichever monster looks most distracted (in hopes of getting a sneak attack in, of course). Maybe something that's already dodging an arrow? Burn 16 humanity in a dodge roll if it looks like a particularly nasty attack is coming my way.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 01, 2016, 06:59:01 pm »

Attack the same demon with my Glaive.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 88