Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114866 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #915 on: October 27, 2016, 03:13:14 pm »

Dammit man, stop stealing my shit! >:P

In that case, Liquid ocean shall use the dark silver tracer.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #916 on: October 27, 2016, 05:34:56 pm »

You can both use the same weapon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 27, 2016, 05:37:08 pm »

Spoiler: Oz "Minnow" (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 27, 2016, 05:46:32 pm »

Yeah, but I don't want to. :P
Gold Tracer is unique. This only really makes sense if one of us is an invader or on NG+

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 27, 2016, 07:25:22 pm »

Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)
Change made: decided to try just putting literally everything into Dex, because why not.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:26:53 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #920 on: October 27, 2016, 07:56:21 pm »

Yeah, but I don't want to. :P
Gold Tracer is unique. This only really makes sense if one of us is an invader or on NG+

Fine then

Name: Silver tracer
Type: Melee
HP: 150
Base Damage: 15
Stat Used: Dex
Stat Bonus: None
Stat Requirement: 70 dex
Stat Scaling: Yes
Special attribute: Poison chance on hit, if applicable.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 27, 2016, 08:02:05 pm »

Spoiler: Liquid Ocean (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #922 on: October 27, 2016, 09:40:41 pm »

((Alright, lets do it then. Repost your sheets whenever you do stuff, or I'm just gonna assume your stat is zero. ))

Ouroboropolis. The city of the dead. Congealed clot of sin born of ancient fire and carrying the echoes of mankind's former glory. It mocks the world with visions of our former power, twisted into a bulwark against us. It crawls forth from a time now reduced to myth by countless years, a ruin of lost civilizations, filled with nothing but malice for those that still survive.  And so it walks the earth, drawn towards any concentration of humanity like a moth towards a flame. 

We have fought it. Armies have been brought against it. War machines, explosives, flame and acid. Thousands, hundreds of thousands. Neatly furrowed rows of gleaming armor and sharpened steel. Mankind has throw itself against Ouro like the waves against the coast, and it has broken us every time.  It has broken you. The bodies, the metal, the souls of those that fought are dragged into Ouro; nothing is left behind, and you are no exception. Your mortal flesh is gone but your soul is trapped; a strangely solid spirit, the last vestiges of your mind and humanity coalesced into a body. You exist only here, in this hateful wandering hellmouth, you cannot escape it. You have only two choices: let your soul be ground down, cut apart and fed upon by the demons of this place and lose what little remains of yourself, or press forward and cut your way to the heart of this beast. The only way out, is through.

You stand now on the very outer edge of Ouro, on its outer shell. You're standing on a pier of sorts, which juts out of the shell. A chunk of asphalt, the remains of a former parking lot, now hanging, suspended just above the slowly advancing soil, jutting out of the patchwork concrete flesh of Oro's outer shell. It sags when trod upon and scrapes the ground, threatening to collapse. The leading edge of the asphalt pier is twisted, bent toward the ground and caked in dried mud and dust, while the trailing edge has big rebar pins driven into it, each of which trails a section of chain. Some of the chains are empty, some hold bodies, or parts of bodies, which are dragged along and slowly ground away into nothing but a thousand mile long smear. Behind you is a vague and shadowy world, as though looking at a desert through a thick fog. It is a world that no longer belongs to you.

Ahead is an arch of sorts, and the shell of Ouro. Ouro's form is difficult to discern, something like a giant pill bug, but too big to be grasped from where you're standing. Instead, all you see is a great wall of debris; a chaotic patchwork of concrete, metal, half destroyed structures, vehicles, trash and burning oil. It stretches up and up, you tilt your head far backwards just to see the top. Among the chaos of the construction, you can make out what look like purposefully constructed structures: walkways, ladders, and buildings all clinging to the shell. This path, through the gate, seems to lead up to the shell and perhaps to these structures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 27, 2016, 09:50:04 pm »

Liquid Ocean does a "well what is it" pose.

Search the pier for any alternate routes, besides the main gate.

Spoiler: lickwid (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:58:51 pm by Egan_BW »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 28, 2016, 09:09:18 am »

"Welp, this is happening."
I move towards the obvious entrance slowly and cautiously, looking around for possible unplesant suprises.

Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:18:37 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 28, 2016, 03:34:16 pm »

"It's already happened."

I move forward as well, checking out teh surroundings: checking for hostiles first, then for things behaving oddly (like the scrap that moved on it's own in the factory.)

Spoiler: Oz "Minnow" (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 28, 2016, 03:50:46 pm »

((Egan, Liquid doesn't have the stats to use their weapon))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 28, 2016, 04:11:07 pm »

Keep an eye out for enemies or other threats, or anything interesting, while approaching the entrance with the others.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 28, 2016, 04:36:40 pm »

Practice herd mentality and go with the largest group. Which seems to be going towards the entrance. Stay cautious, and be close to the shadows in case a surprise-attackable enemy appears.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 28, 2016, 10:01:09 pm »

btw, Liquid Ocean has long, blonde hair, a british accent, and likes to monologue about random bullshit. For reasons.
And oops, forgot to switch my dex and speed.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 88