Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114909 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #870 on: October 12, 2016, 11:03:44 pm »

May I ask, what happened with erredux and what changes will occur between round 2 and this round?
ERredux was me playing around with a system for an ER sequel, if people wanted it. I kind of stopped the test mid-fight because I got distracted with stuff and came back to work on this stuff. Like I said a while back, I want to get this system up and play the first level of Ouro to see what the consensus is on what people want to do.

Round 2 may well be "Welcome to oroboropolis, get fucked: electric boogaloo"
Probably, yeah. I'll probably make those changes to humanity and stuff, slap together the body parts for the critters in the first level and then we'll get to it. As per who goes into that round, we should probably do the fair thing and raffle them off.

And then sy was a demon.

Oh dear, sy became a demon huh? Lets see what kind, though I already have an idea
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hmm his giant metal spike head is clearly his most distinguishing feature...designed for wrestling...Ah, I know

Str: 100
Dex: 100
Spd: 50
Int: 0
Hrt:0

Parts:
   Trunk:
      Metal Spike (150 HP) [Non-organic][End][Melee weapon: base 60]
      Disgustingly Overmuscled Chest (100 HP) [+10 str]
      Disgustingly Overmuscled Gut (80 HP) [+10 str]
   Right Arm:
      Clockwork Tentacle Upper (120 HP) (+10 str)[Non-organic]
      Clockwork Tentacle Lower (100 HP) (+10 str)[Non-organic]
      Clockwork Tendril Mass (90 HP) (+10 dex)[GRASP][END][Non-organic]
   Lower body:
      Naga Upper (100 HP) (+10 dex)
      Naga Lower (80 HP) (+10 dex)

No magic or special abilities.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:22:47 am by piecewise »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 12, 2016, 11:11:19 pm »

Clockwork Tendril Mass would be inorganic as well, right?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #872 on: October 13, 2016, 12:23:16 am »

Clockwork Tendril Mass would be inorganic as well, right?
yep fixed

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 13, 2016, 04:31:08 pm »

I suggest you decide in one of two ways concerning round 2:
1) give your faithful playtesters first pick on the first run, then have them sit out for a turn or two. This would be Egan, Syv, Spaz, Gentle, possibly myself, ren I think, and maybe some others.
2) make your playtesters sit out the first run, and get some people who haven't been as involved. that way, you get some fresh eyes, and we can test the broader appeal and functionality.

A raffle works too. Might make a little extra dough, eh?

I'm guessing the core of Pyrasyv Head is the spike? You said they tend to be rather easily spotted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 13, 2016, 06:44:23 pm »

I suggest you decide in one of two ways concerning round 2:
1) give your faithful playtesters first pick on the first run, then have them sit out for a turn or two. This would be Egan, Syv, Spaz, Gentle, possibly myself, ren I think, and maybe some others.
2) make your playtesters sit out the first run, and get some people who haven't been as involved. that way, you get some fresh eyes, and we can test the broader appeal and functionality.

A raffle works too. Might make a little extra dough.
Auction off first run
I mean I've no monie to spare but hey, you deserve monies pw
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #875 on: October 14, 2016, 09:42:07 am »

((gentle's max humanity drops by 10 this round, due to loss of human bits.))
Team This Color

I meant: 'is there a way to leave the battle arena once ren is destroyed, thereby escaping whit our lives and not being killed by two rampaging demons?

Any passive humanity drain this round?

Is it possible for me to get up to where hte pipes are coming into this room from the furnace room without crossing paths with Gozer the Lime Green Jello Man? Do those pipes look like I could maybe break them without killing myself? Edit: or does it seem possible to disconnect them from the vats they are leading into?

I have a plan really stupid idea, guys.
Well, you know there's no way out the way you came. But maybe if you head the blue way...

Uh, maybe? but there's not much room up there. The pipes are basically pressed right against the ceiling. You could try climbing on one of the molding machines and using it to jump up. But doing so might attract attention. 

Break them? Well they are quite thick and heavy duty metal, so you'd need something to cut or corrode it. Disconnecting maybe, but you'd need a way to unscrew them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #876 on: October 14, 2016, 11:14:31 am »

Gentle 60 +[69] 129
Oz 40+ [76]  116
DEMON: 1+[76] 79
DEMON  50+ [25] 75
Ren:60+ [99] 159
ren gentle oz green demon red demon

Blue Team

*sweating intensifies*

D...dodge?

Spoiler: Stats/Spells/Limbs (click to show/hide)

You take up a defensive stance. +30 dex for this turn.

Spoiler:  I WILL LIVE DAMMIT (click to show/hide)

Since I didn't see any of my humanity I spent, spent, I won't push it out. Run as fast as I can, and use 13 humanity to go more further.
Well you don't have legs since your entire lower body has rotted off. Remember, it destroyed your gut and severed all those parts.  So you move a bit, pull yourself up on the conveyor belt and ride it into the next room where Ren is.

And then Infect deals 90 damage to your chest and completely severs everything except for your metal head. So you are now nothing but a demonic bear trap hopping around.

And I'm guessing that means you go demon, right?
Team This Color

Welp. I'm hoping the fact that syv was fixated on Ren transfers over, at least for long enough for demon number 2 to go through the conveyor slot.

Think I'll hide among the machinery for a turn.
This is starting to look like that test game of ER Redux where we were in the old, robot infested colloseum.

Spoiler: Stats etc (click to show/hide)

Hiding is dex vs int. Lets see...41+[78]

Now, you're the last one in the room with the demons  because everyone else ran away. Sydemon is gonna follow Ren, but Jello demon could go either way...He decides to look around in this room for something to murder.

100+[93] He notices you hanging out behind some machinery.

DEMON

The jello demon looks at you...or at least seems to focus on you with its big, eyeless brain.
100+[22] vs 41+[43]

Your left leg starts twitching and writhing uncontrollably, but luckily this does no damage.

DEMON
Sydemon slithers through the hole into the room with Ren and the newly...not decapitated because we didn't remove his head we removed everything BUT his head. Not sure there's a word for that. Anyways, He attacks Ren.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He attempts to grab Ren's right arm with his right arm.
100+20 +[22] vs 77+[14] difference of 43
100+10 [95] vs  72 +30+[100] Difference of 3
Total difference 46

Sydemon attempts a second action

100+[99] Gets to do it.

Sy demon Aims an attack at Ren's head, the metal spike as the weapon and the bonus from his body for the attack.

100+20+[100(!)] -30 from aimed shot vs 72+30-46+[35]=91 For a difference of 99. Spike has 60 base for 159 damage.

The attack cleaves straight through Ren's head, Chest-hive and gut in a single blow, bisecting him and instantly killing him.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #878 on: October 14, 2016, 01:25:12 pm »

So... so technically, the only surviving player is Oz, right?  And therefore Red Team won, despite there now being three demons primed to kill him?

Yaaay, my team won!

Well, he'll win if he kills all the demons or escapes

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 14, 2016, 03:00:24 pm »

oh my god, run Oz!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 14, 2016, 04:01:19 pm »

oh my god, run Oz!
run oz run

use your nitr-oz

I wanted to do more puns but I am out.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 14, 2016, 04:06:12 pm »

Ohhhh, I want to play this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 14, 2016, 04:12:14 pm »

And now we find out just how well demons remember things like "Hey there was another room back there. and wasn't there a guy in it? Oh, I want to kill that guy. Yeah."

I'm thinking Sydemon won't remember, being an int 0 monster.

I'm guessing Gentle turns into a Chain Chomp, and likewise fails to worry about it much. that leaves The Jelly Green Giant, and his speed is 1, so I might be able to outrun him for a while - kite and kill. Ugh, but it's gonna take nine more turns for that leg to get under control ...

Team: And Then There Was One

Avoiding Jelly Belly Badness, (including blocking andy tendril attacks using my mechanical arm.) I will head toward the furnace room, looking constantly for a way to use the tearrain to my advantage, like possibly separating the pipes leading from the furnace from the vats, so that molten metal rains down on my pursuer. is there a way to seal off that hole into the other room? I'd kinda like to never see those guys again, if possible.
((boy am I ever sorry that I didn't get pneumatic strength instead of writhe.))

Spoiler: Stats etc (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:01:08 pm by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 14, 2016, 04:49:11 pm »

Bah, your leg being WoF'd isn't an issue.  Movement in this game isn't affected by limbs without stat bonuses, or any lack thereof; just do a handstand and run away on your arms.  Spend some humanity on it too--might as well.

Also, kiting and killing is a terrible idea.  Infect is a pretty effective one hit kill, and it'll be used eventually.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 14, 2016, 07:14:29 pm »

true, but I intend to stay out of range at least for a turn or two more, if possible. It is a touch based attack, after all, and the demon's speed is 1. I needs me some humanity to spend on a direct attack, or on an action of escape. This is where that high recharge I wanted would come in handy - could have shortened my time need by several turns. I suppose i cold cut off my doll head for a boost of a few humanity points, but I plan on using the doll head to lead a few attacks, to take the corrosion.

I'm probably going to need to throw a bunch of shit at the demon, or try to collect a tricloptic head from one of the deceased, if possible. keeping him at range while i whittle down his health or chop off his limbs will help.

I mean, what else am I going to do? charge in and hope for a one hit kill of my own? I forgot to switch writhe for pneumatic, so that's not happening. he's even got better dex than I, so I still have to spend humanity to grant me the likelihood of a successful hit. especially if I target the brain. that -30 for aimed blows will really work against me there.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 88